Selling my car

Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling my car

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
just out of interest CP what sort of TVR is it? Friend had a Tuscan S (out of my price range) and I nearly bought a chimera a few years back (In my price range then realised that I wasn't in fact 18 and single, and had kids and shopping to consider - but it was a close call!)

But to be fair then I met MrMMC who just loves all cars so I was sorted - and ended up driving a pug 205 diesel on an F plate for the last 2 weeks in the UK - how did that happen
Its cerbera 4.5 litre looks black but is actually darkest green with cream and green full hide inside sports exhaust upgraded shocks new clutch, Oh is reeling it off to me goes like the clappers love driving it but not as a passenger

He brought that one because its the only one of TVRs that has seats in the back for our little boy gets lots of looks and sounds like a ducati wow

Made someones day a while back, parked it at Focus as you do and coming back to the car there was guy admiring it, he said nice motor mate, is it yours "yes thanks " i said, with this i push the mirror button but he didn't
see that and of course door opens on its own ( for anyone that doesn't know TVRs don't have handles ) so i said it reckognises my touch his mouth fell open he believed me just imagine the conversation down the pub
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:45 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

lol when I was with my friend in his you'd get kids at the traffic lights asking you to rev the engine His was the burnt orange with the cream hide (stupid idea of his putting in cream carpets - mind you he is a financial advisor so unlikely to go anywhere remotely dirty hahahahaha)

Just fabulous cars

About the doors - yep I felt a spazz not knowing how to get in too!!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:12 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
so i said it reckognises my touch his mouth fell open he believed me just imagine the conversation down the pub
My current car does recognise me as I approach, and as I reach for the door handle it unlocks the door for me.

It also has a push button start rather than a key but it won't start the car unless I have the key fob in my pocket.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
My current car does recognise me as I approach, and as I reach for the door handle it unlocks the door for me.

It also has a push button start rather than a key but it won't start the car unless I have the key fob in my pocket.
Ooowww i like that, whats the car Steve just think i could get even more shopping to the car as i won't need my hands to open it
My merc boot opens from about 10 meters which is handy
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:56 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooowww i like that, whats the car Steve just think i could get even more shopping to the car as i won't need my hands to open it
My merc boot opens from about 10 meters which is handy
You'll still need hands free to actually open the door but it will be unlocked.

You can use the remote to unlock all doors and/or open the trunk (boot) from about 10 meters.

It is a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
Attached Thumbnails Selling my car-img_7198w.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You'll still need hands free to actually open the door but it will be unlocked.

You can use the remote to unlock all doors and/or open the trunk (boot) from about 10 meters.

It is a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
I can do that on the merc, i thought you meant no hands at all, come on back to the drawing board nice colour though
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:22 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

How come people will travel to the ends of the earth to buy a car??? friends of mine had a Mini Estate thing which some guy in Luxembourg bought for a fourtune and paid for them to take it to him..... they then sold another Mini, not an old estate thing but an old normal shape one to a guy in Texas.. who paid an arm and a leg for it...dont get it

as Jeremy clarkson would say, I drive a car built by people who eat dogs do I care...nope...does it work...yep

I do love an old mini.....memories
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Littletashy
How come people will travel to the ends of the earth to buy a car??? friends of mine had a Mini Estate thing which some guy in Luxembourg bought for a fourtune and paid for them to take it to him..... they then sold another Mini, not an old estate thing but an old normal shape one to a guy in Texas.. who paid an arm and a leg for it...dont get it

as Jeremy clarkson would say, I drive a car built by people who eat dogs do I care...nope...does it work...yep

I do love an old mini.....memories
I used to think like you but having a hubby that loves nice cars well it rubs of on you, and as much as i hate driving flashy cars i will just to make him happy
our first car was a red and white mini cooper limited one it was so sweet as you say memories
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
just out of interest CP what sort of TVR is it? Friend had a Tuscan S (out of my price range) and I nearly bought a chimera a few years back (In my price range then realised that I wasn't in fact 18 and single, and had kids and shopping to consider - but it was a close call!)

But to be fair then I met MrMMC who just loves all cars so I was sorted - and ended up driving a pug 205 diesel on an F plate for the last 2 weeks in the UK - how did that happen

Hey I ended up with a peugeot for the last couple of weeks too - left it behind for my sister!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:55 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

I used to think like you but having a hubby that loves nice cars well it rubs of on you, and as much as i hate driving flashy cars i will just to make him happy
our first car was a red and white mini cooper limited one it was so sweet as you say memories
My first car was a blue mini estate that an old boyfriend bought for me....I never got to drive it as we split up

Got a phone call out of the blue, one day when I was pregnant with my 1st, Ex phoning to say he'd blown the bloody thing up on a race track somewhere Think he felt guilty

he races BMWs now hope they fare better than my poor mini
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:02 pm
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Well, I've done it, I didn't want to, but I have.

I've finally listed my MG on Ebay (along with my house). I really don't want to see it go, especially as I will then be left with no toy and a house that I am desperate to sell.

Talk about depression. I would have quite happily kept it for another couple of months, but as my OH sold his last month, he feels compelled to nag me into selling mine (just spiteful I think).

Anyway. All sympathy would be gratefully appreciated. If you want to have a look, now is your chance before it;s not mine anymore.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=011
Wow you are really on your way! Good luck!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Hey I ended up with a peugeot for the last couple of weeks too - left it behind for my sister!
Thats really nice pp
I was thinking of giving my sons girlfriend our station car as hers is so old its too powerful though and insurance is too high what a shame its been a fab car never let us down.