Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Refurb.io...any experiences?

Refurb.io...any experiences?

Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Refurb.io...any experiences?

Does anyone have any experiences from the refurbished computer site refurb.io?

They seem as genuine as others, but I was doing a little research and came across a 'review' site - only one, mind - that basically said they were a con, can't be relied on...just generally bad stuff.

But it was all I could find. If they were really that bad you'd think that bad reports would have been on the numerous review sites out there.

It's almost like someone set it up as a hatchet job.

On the other hand, the more positive sites seemed to have their official wording on as if the company had registered a few sites to give good results.

So anyone have any real experiences with them?
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:48 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refurb.io...any experiences?

You're buying such a low spec computer so just buy one and have done with and get on with your life.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:59 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

https://m.facebook.com/refurbio/
Old Feb 21st 2017, 11:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You're buying such a low spec computer so just buy one and have done with and get on with your life.
It may be a few years old but not really low spec.

If you have money to throw around, throw some my way and I'll get a better one yesterday.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 11:12 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by magnumpi
That's a bit more positive, thanks.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 11:38 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Agree with that 100%

The hassle of trying to save a few bucks ($50+) with the worry that the thing is going to conk out is stupid

Bristol, use your Shoppers points on a 20x day & when they have new computers on special.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 12:10 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by not2old
The hassle of trying to save a few bucks ($50+) with the worry that the thing is going to conk out is stupid
Have you forgotten that you were about to buy a refurbished laptop last year?

As with the one you were going to buy, there's a one year warranty.

I'm just trying to make sure it's worth the paper it's not written on.

Bristol, use your Shoppers points on a 20x day & when they have new computers on special.
It's the bigger screen I'm mainly interested (TV screen and bigger monitor only are not options for reasons I have covered before, including here)

Shoppers deals come around quite often but only once have I seen one with the bigger screen and it was 17".

Aside from not having come around again the refurbished ones under consideration are 19 and 20. That's a significant advantage.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:47 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Have you forgotten that you were about to buy a refurbished laptop last year?

As with the one you were going to buy, there's a one year warranty.
and I went finally with a Lenovo laptop with a cradle with Win 7, that I purchased at the thrift shop last year for $53 (no tax) still working great ... But that's me

This thread is about you & wanting a refurbished whatever it is computer/smart TV

So, what are you going to end up doing - do keep us posted what you ended up with at what price?
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 2:58 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by not2old
and I went finally with a Lenovo laptop with a cradle with Win 7, that I purchased at the thrift shop last year for $53 (no tax) still working great ... But that's me...
I could do that too, for the right thing.

At the moment, the right thing is a bigger monitor, W10 for practice and something capable of taking over if/when my laptop fails or when W7 is no longer supported.

Just under $300 all-in seems to do it with specs in advance of my lappie and something as good as those retailing at $650 and up, with the same warranty.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 5:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That's a bit more positive, thanks.
Have you seen the negative posts on there?

Laptops damaged or not working properly, extremely poor customer service, no responses.. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Old Feb 23rd 2017, 7:09 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Have you seen the negative posts on there?..
I'm glad you said that, thanks. I missed the link to open all the reviews.

There don't seem to be many occupying the middle ground.

It's rubbish or great.

Food for thought. No immediate hurry.

I shall bide my time.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 11:19 pm
Oscar nominated

Finally made my decision and ordered from TigerDirect.

Total cost $287. Lenovo M71Z

Specs on a par with new machines from $630.

Biggest difference is the Lenovo has a 320gb HD as opposed to 1TB but $60 takes care of that with an external HD.

(not that I'm going to be putting stuff on it)
Old Feb 25th 2017, 2:39 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it works out Bristol
Old Feb 25th 2017, 2:46 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it works for us.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 11:25 am
Oscar nominated

At least Tiger is definitely a reputable company and it does have a year warranty.

The saving will mean my next laptop can be even better than one I would normally expect to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.