Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Recommended courier Malta to Canada

Recommended courier Malta to Canada

Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommended courier Malta to Canada

I'll be receiving an important item in the mail in the next couple weeks at my address here in Malta, and I won't be here to receive it. I don't want my grandparents to send it regular letter mail as that is prone to getting "lost in the abyss" ... Not very good for a debit card to say the least. So looking for a good courier service that will take a personal item from Malta-Canada... Like a UPS or FedEx but European

Budget is max 100 Eur but cheaper would be optimal. DHL seems to only have a business option, fedex seems like it *might* let me?
Help appreciated
Cheers
Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended courier Malta to Canada

Is there no UPS in Malta?

Edit: There is an Agent, so presumably the service is available?

http://www.ups.com/content/mt/en/con...?WT.svl=Footer
Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:48 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
I'll be receiving an important item in the mail in the next couple weeks at my address here in Malta, and I won't be here to receive it. I don't want my grandparents to send it regular letter mail as that is prone to getting "lost in the abyss" ... Not very good for a debit card to say the least. So looking for a good courier service that will take a personal item from Malta-Canada... Like a UPS or FedEx but European

Budget is max 100 Eur but cheaper would be optimal. DHL seems to only have a business option, fedex seems like it *might* let me?
Help appreciated
Cheers
FedEx is the most reliable in our experience and lowest clearance cost. We use Fedex from all over the world and it works well, low and high value shipments. DHL are not in our experience good in North America, I don't believe they have got one shipment correct yet. One ended up on the wrong continent and spent a few weeks traveling the world.

Why do you want 'European' Fedex are global.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
Is there no UPS in Malta?

Edit: There is an Agent, so presumably the service is available?

http://www.ups.com/content/mt/en/con...?WT.svl=Footer
From the looks of that it involves a bunch of third party stuff before it gets to UPS, so i'll probably go with the fedex suggestion below... Thanks anyway

Originally Posted by Aviator
FedEx is the most reliable in our experience and lowest clearance cost. We use Fedex from all over the world and it works well, low and high value shipments. DHL are not in our experience good in North America, I don't believe they have got one shipment correct yet. One ended up on the wrong continent and spent a few weeks traveling the world.

Why do you want 'European' Fedex are global.
Yeah, it looks like fedex will let me ship hopefully... I will probably use them.

Cheers
Old Aug 4th 2015, 7:45 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
From the looks of that it involves a bunch of third party stuff before it gets to UPS, so i'll probably go with the fedex suggestion below... Thanks anyway

Yeah, it looks like fedex will let me ship hopefully... I will probably use them.

Cheers
If it has to clear customs on entry, UPS charge an arm and a leg.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 12:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I like FedEx always been reliable and on time for me, no system is perfect but they have it down pretty good, no idea why they would not let you send something, they let general joe public send things.

If the company doesn't have service in Canada, I wouldn't use them, you have a good chance the parcel will end up with Canada Post otherwise.

I had something from Amazon dot com and they sent it with some new US courier and they got it to Canada Post in Vancouver in 2 days, but then it took close to 10 days to clear customs and make the last 50km's to me.

Fedex or UPS for sure.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Aviator
If it has to clear customs on entry, UPS charge an arm and a leg.
Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I like FedEx always been reliable and on time for me, no system is perfect but they have it down pretty good, no idea why they would not let you send something, they let general joe public send things.

If the company doesn't have service in Canada, I wouldn't use them, you have a good chance the parcel will end up with Canada Post otherwise.

I had something from Amazon dot com and they sent it with some new US courier and they got it to Canada Post in Vancouver in 2 days, but then it took close to 10 days to clear customs and make the last 50km's to me.

Fedex or UPS for sure.
Yeah. Looks like i'll send it w/ Fedex. Cheers
Old Aug 5th 2015, 12:19 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Fedex...... don't use UPS they suck