Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Mar 4th 2018, 7:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by caretaker
That Dyson Ball cleaner is not what you think.
For the price those things cost it bloody well should be.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 7:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I can heartily recommend 'No Name' Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings. One or other of the 454g/908g boxes always seems to be priced at $5/$10. A nice peppery kick. Comes with sauces but you don't need them.

They'll do in the absence of the crispy Village brand that Giant Tiger doesn't seem to sell anymore.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:29 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
They'll do in the absence of the crispy Village brand that Giant Tiger doesn't seem to sell anymore.
My GT store has gone out of meat altogether. They still have frozen, just no more fresh beef or chicken, etc.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 1:54 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I can heartily recommend 'No Name' Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings. One or other of the 454g/908g boxes always seems to be priced at $5/$10. A nice peppery kick. Comes with sauces but you don't need them.

Make your own. Two tips; firstly, toss them in some baking powder, secondly, use some of that non-stick tin foil. Then just crank up the oven to 425/50 and jut turn them over every 15 mins. Crispy deliciousness.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:04 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Oink
Make your own. ..
I do occasionally, but they're ridiculously expensive for such scrappy things...almost as much as skinless boneless chicken breasts.

Superstore does 20 cooked wings for $10 about every three weeks and 10 minutes in the oven makes them really good.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:13 pm
Oscar nominated

I dislike 24 hour blood pressure monitors. They're not 'weighty' but they still feel as if your head is being tugged down and the tube gets in the way. If you're out and it beeps you get funny looks.

But the night time is the worst. The action is reduced to hourly from every 30 minutes but last time I remember 'anticipating' it and waking up 10 minutes before it went and taking another 10-15 minutes to fall back asleep and waking 35 minutes later...and repeat through the night.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:25 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Idiots !!!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada...-ont-1.3828016

I bet they used Gov funded roads to get there and how many will throw away their passports and drive licence

Hamilton -- A band of masked vandals describing themselves as "ungovernables" roamed through a stretch of an Ontario city hurling rocks at small businesses and causing up to $100,000 in damage, local police said Sunday.
Cafes, stores and vehicles along a roughly one-kilometre stretch of road in Hamilton took the brunt of the damage as between 20 and 30 people marched along the route on Saturday night.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:39 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Hamilton -- A band of masked vandals....
So that's where that was. I heard it on the radio but in my half awake state I didn't catch where.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:50 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Make your own. Two tips; firstly, toss them in some baking powder, secondly, use some of that non-stick tin foil. Then just crank up the oven to 425/50 and jut turn them over every 15 mins. Crispy deliciousness.
Ugh. Skin and gristle. I just hate the idea on eating wings - so I don't.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:42 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Ugh. Skin and gristle. I just hate the idea on eating wings - so I don't.
Ahhh, well roasted chicken skin. A delicacy as is crunchy crackly roasted pig skin on pork and gammon roasts.

Like many I thought that chicken wings and legs were overpriced when compared to white meat... but now I've changed my mind, a bit messy but tasty nonetheless if you stick to the salt and pepper crispy variety and forget the saucy barbeque stuff.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:54 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Strange event, any ideas?
Two critical after Salisbury substance 'exposure' - BBC News
Old Mar 5th 2018, 4:04 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dave_j
Fentanyl according to the telegraph
Old Mar 5th 2018, 6:52 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dave_j
Strange event, any ideas?
The plit thockens

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sergei-skripal
Old Mar 5th 2018, 10:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Karma for the Minions in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-minions.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 5th 2018 at 10:05 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 11:10 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Was the Grauniadesque typo deliberate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.