Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Mar 24th 2017, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by magnumpi
That sucks, did u sort it out
It's been fixed now.

In other news called to change the address on our renters insurance and the premium for the new place went down to 10.82/month from 26/month in Chilliwack for the same cover, guess the new place is less risk.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:57 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Pearson customs hall is a clusterfluff of inefficiency and understaffing. Last week the passengers on the plane my husband was on were not allowed off for an hour as the customs hall was full.
Yesterday we were allowed off but were kept back in the corridors until there was room for more people in the hall. it took an hour to get through.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Pearson customs hall is a clusterfluff of inefficiency and understaffing. Last week the passengers on the plane my husband was on were not allowed off for an hour as the customs hall was full.
Yesterday we were allowed off but were kept back in the corridors until there was room for more people in the hall. it took an hour to get through.
Well yes, Pearson is a shitty airport, badly run and fantastically expensive to use. He's not new to Canada so he can't have been surprised. Why didn't he use Buffalo or Detroit?
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:40 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Well yes, Pearson is a shitty airport, badly run and fantastically expensive to use. He's not new to Canada so he can't have been surprised. Why didn't he use Buffalo or Detroit?
It's never been this bad before. Nowhere near it. Apart from that Buffalo is 3.5 hours from us without figuring in traffic, a border crossing, and the weather. Detroit is 6 hours.

We've looked at flights from Ottawa before, as well as Montreal and maybe we will do that sometime but now at least there's public transit from Pearson which makes it an easier option.

PS. Just checked the prices, no direct flights from buffalo and more expensive

Last edited by bats; Mar 25th 2017 at 3:34 am.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby gets very embarrassed about that. Nothing he can do as it's to do with insurance and other weird and wonderful ideas his superiors come up with. His only option is to look at moving on! Lol
Old Mar 25th 2017, 3:15 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Hubby gets very embarrassed about that. Nothing he can do as it's to do with insurance and other weird and wonderful ideas his superiors come up with. His only option is to look at moving on! Lol
Inßurance won't be happy when someone collapses from the stress etc of having to stand in overheated corridors when you're beyond hunger as the food on Air Transat was inedible. Oh wait that was almost me. I did see one older woman almost faint. Had to point her out to the CBSA officer.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Inßurance won't be happy when someone collapses from the stress etc of having to stand in overheated corridors when you're beyond hunger as the food on Air Transat was inedible. Oh wait that was almost me. I did see one older woman almost faint. Had to point her out to the CBSA officer.
He did explain why they do it but I forget. I'll find out for you.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 5:27 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

We have unanimously come to the conclusion that the biggest a-hole drivers on British roads by far are Audi drivers
Old Mar 26th 2017, 6:30 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
We have unanimously come to the conclusion that the biggest a-hole drivers on British roads by far are Audi drivers

Also don't forget Range Rover drivers as well - you don't drive one do you because I've just insulted your driving lol.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

After all the deleterious comments here about Canadian drivers I've always assumed that all UK drivers drove at the perfection level. Perhaps all non-Audi drivers are in that category.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

So, according to the Daily Mail, that newspaper at the apex of truth and honesty, Prince Charles gets/has his shoelaces ironed very day. Do you perhaps think Camilla does it for him?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 8:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
So, according to the Daily Mail, that newspaper at the apex of truth and honesty, Prince Charles gets/has his shoelaces ironed very day. Do you perhaps think Camilla does it for him?
Was there anything to say whether they're removed from shoes first?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 9:00 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

Also don't forget Range Rover drivers as well - you don't drive one do you because I've just insulted your driving lol.
No definitely not! .... They are a definite second, way behind the Audi drivers

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
After all the deleterious comments here about Canadian drivers I've always assumed that all UK drivers drove at the perfection level. Perhaps all non-Audi drivers are in that category.
Ooh- a little bit touchy- I wasn't in this instance comparing Canadian with British driving. No-one said that British driving was perfection, far from it - you know however my particular thoughts about the driving styles of my Provincial neighbours when they drive around us- certainly less than perfect on the whole I would say, you may feel that Canadians drive amazingly, that is of course your prerogative
Old Mar 26th 2017, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

No definitely not! .... They are a definite second, way behind the Audi drivers

Ooh- a little bit touchy- I wasn't in this instance comparing Canadian with British driving. No-one said that British driving was perfection, far from it - you know however my particular thoughts about the driving styles of my Provincial neighbours when they drive around us- certainly less than perfect on the whole I would say, you may feel that Canadians drive amazingly, that is of course your prerogative
No, I don't think Canadians drive amazingly but neither do I think Brit drivers do either. There are some terrible and dangerous drivers there.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 10:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...No-one said that British driving was perfection...
It goes without saying.

In all seriousness, I've said many a time that I find Canadian drivers far more courteous than British drivers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.