Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A question for medical doctors.

A question for medical doctors.

Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:27 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question for medical doctors.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

By the way, the sign is a shocker. Hard to feel sorry for a medical doctor in North America. I well remember my dentist in Calgary bemoaning the cost of keeping his daughter at Oxford University... my heart bleeds, I wonder what my bill is going to be??!!
My father was a small-scale market gardener. Luckily in those days it was possible for me to get through on scholarships and maintenance grants.

Happy times. I pity my sons' generation.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 11:30 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Best of luck Rich and all best wishes for your next stage.
👍🏼 Thank you.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Best wishes on your next stage back in the UK, Rich. Not so great about the circumstances but that's something most of us have to face. Just be grateful you/we have the resources to be able to make a decision, there are many people who don't have the luxury of choice.

Do you think you'll go back to Canada in time?
Thank you too.

The decision is at considerable financial cost, but it's the right choice to make. We didn't move from the Cotswolds originally because we disliked England, Canada was a change of lifestyle at a time in our lives that was convenient, so moving back to Europe sits fine with us. I doubt that we will move back to Canada in the future. It's not somewhere that would appeal as a retirement destination choice, and I'd imagine that will be out next major move in 10-15yrs time.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 12:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck in your new adventure.

Originally Posted by R I C H
👍🏼 Thank you.

Thank you too.

The decision is at considerable financial cost, but it's the right choice to make. We didn't move from the Cotswolds originally because we disliked England, Canada was a change of lifestyle at a time in our lives that was convenient, so moving back to Europe sits fine with us. I doubt that we will move back to Canada in the future. It's not somewhere that would appeal as a retirement destination choice, and I'd imagine that will be out next major move in 10-15yrs time.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 12:45 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Best of luck in your new adventure.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:17 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
👍🏼 Thank you.

Thank you too.

Couldn't have put it better myself having moved here from the Cotswolds too