Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:47 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Fantastic

That takes some balls.

I'll never forget the first time I walked onto the side of a plane, hanging on for all I was worth, worried about what would happen if I slipped and fell. I am not too clever
My sphincter only relaxed late into the evening after alcohol lubricant.

Hanging off the wing spar, flapping in the breeze is fun

Looking up at the canopy on my first jump and finding a line twist is less so. A spinorama sorted it out.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:50 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Definitiion of insanity - Jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane
I'm just thinking ahead for the instance I might be on a poorly serviced aeroplane. Failing to plan, is planning to fail
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:15 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

My Dad was a Parachute Jump Instructor (RAF) who was assigned to 1 Para to teach them how to jump. He spent years booting terrified would-be-Paras out of aeroplanes.

In his opinion, the only scary jump was the first one that most people did... from 800 feet in a tethered balloon. It was too silent, too still... too unnatural to step through that hole.

He reckoned that being lined up and booted out the side of a noisy plane travelling at speed left them with a lot less time to change their minds.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:29 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
My Dad was a Parachute Jump Instructor (RAF) who was assigned to 1 Para to teach them how to jump. He spent years booting terrified would-be-Paras out of aeroplanes.

In his opinion, the only scary jump was the first one that most people did... from 800 feet in a tethered balloon. It was too silent, too still... too unnatural to step through that hole.

He reckoned that being lined up and booted out the side of a noisy plane travelling at speed left them with a lot less time to change their minds.
For me the scariest was the second jump !
I knew what was going to happen. I did it anyway.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

I recall hearing a story about a psychologist that wanted to see what the effects of an officer refusing to jump would be on the rest of the stick. The story goes that they dressed him up in an officer's uniform and he stood at the front of the stick. When the time came to go, he refused. Nothing happened, as the rest of the stick did what they had been trained to and went straight through the door, pushing him straight out. I dread to think what that must have been like. (it was a static line so no issue about having to deploy the chute, but he had no idea how to steer it or how to land.

I didn't like the first jump from the balloon and never really liked jumping with the round canopied military chutes. I always landed like a sack of shi%^
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
For me the scariest was the second jump !
I knew what was going to happen. I did it anyway.
I made a cock of one of my jumps, failing to gather the canvas in a timely manner. This led to rapid horizontal progress across a ploughed and frozen field. The jump after that was to a naked one and I approached it with considerable trepidation.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

A naked jump, or a naked field

Actually... never mind...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:04 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
A naked jump, or a naked field

Actually... never mind...
Actually, for prurient reasons which will titillate AXP's curiosity, I'd like that clarification as well.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Actually, for prurient reasons which will titillate AXP's curiosity, I'd like that clarification as well.
Jump. It was the done thing at that club. Well, they called it "naked" but people actually wore a helmet and boots.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:48 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Jump. It was the done thing at that club. Well, they called it "naked" but people actually wore a helmet and boots.
taps quickly on keyboard searching for parachute clubs in the local area whilst hunting out binoculars.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
taps quickly on keyboard searching for parachute clubs in the local area whilst hunting out binoculars.
It's cold up there. You'll need very good binoculars.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:07 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

It's cold up there. You'll need very good binoculars.
I'd borrow the Hubble bloody telescope if need be.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:08 pm
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
The Kamloops club insists jump #69 is naked.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:44 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I made a cock of one of my jumps, failing to gather the canvas in a timely manner. This led to rapid horizontal progress across a ploughed and frozen field. The jump after that was to a naked one and I approached it with considerable trepidation.
http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...kydiver-371432
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:59 am
Assimilated Pauper

lol, I bet Mandy could spot that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.