Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:33 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
There is a real difference here is there
Unless you are a vegan, then shut up. And if you are a vegan then shut up. This thread is about the photos. Its hunting season once more in Canada, Im sure there will be a seperate thread along to argue the toss over soon enough. Seal clubing is an annual theme too.

{LATE EDIT}
. And rememberance day is around the corner too...

Lets stick to the photos if we can, and forgive previous misdemeanours.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 27th 2011 at 2:36 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:33 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Your answer isn't weak? Then it's ok to hunt every animal then eh? Tell that to people like PETA. I guess you feel the same about cutting down trees and polluting the seas then?
Guess you are vegan, don't use paper, live in a mud hut? If you are in the military, and you mentioned being special forces (on office hours it seems, a reservist perhaps?), the military has an offensive role, there are guns, guns shoot people and animals, there are tanks, boats and aeroplanes, which do nasty things to people as well as pollute.

Not quite sure how you put 'your life on the line' here. Don't make this statement lightly though, there are those who have, as well as those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Not something I have ever heard military folk even give a second thought to, mention or seek recognition. Many will not talk about it even 30 years on.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:37 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Guess you are vegan, don't use paper, live in a mud hut? If you are in the military, and you mentioned being special forces (on office hours it seems, a reservist perhaps?), the military has an offensive role, there are guns, guns shoot people and animals, there are tanks, boats and aeroplanes, which do nasty things to people as well as pollute.

Not quite sure how you put 'your life on the line' here. Don't make this statement lightly though, there are those who have, as well as those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Not something I have ever heard military folk even give a second thought to, mention or seek recognition. Many will not talk about it even 30 years on.
Your attempt at fishing is lame, how many times do you want to ask this question now? You will never know what have done, but my medals are there for me, friends and family to look at and remind me of the sacrifice to my adopted country.

Now go fly your toys around
Old Sep 27th 2011, 5:06 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

back to business...here's my little buddy, he hates me right now. Recovering from his 2nd eye operation for cherry eye, he hates wearing the cone.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-chiblington.jpg  
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:30 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

A curious new inhabitant of the front porch.....
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-100_1276.jpg   Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-100_1279.jpg  
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
A curious new inhabitant of the front porch.....
Hah - he looks like the mantis fella from Kung Fu Panda
Old Sep 28th 2011, 3:26 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think a mild heart attack would be in order if I saw that on our front porch.

(I think i`d have a heart attack at seeing a front porch, seeing as we don`t have one)
Old Sep 28th 2011, 11:31 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I think a mild heart attack would be in order if I saw that on our front porch.

(I think i`d have a heart attack at seeing a front porch, seeing as we don`t have one)
We are calling it Leonard. The insect, not the porch.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

Elk meat is good - and a big bull is a very skittish animal to get - something along the lines of "he's a beauty - wheres my steak???" would work well.
ever eaten black bear? we shot one at the Schefferville dump, tasted a bit rank, but that was probably just because it had been eating car batteries all its life...
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

fun and games prospecting on the Arctic tundra!
(no aurora, sadly)

Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter atop her new horse
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-bella.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
My daughter atop her new horse
awwww looks a cutey! Whats she doing, deciding whether to go English or Western?!!!!!!!!

My Canadian neice over here has an ex dressage horse that crossed over beautifully to barrels and poles - so she enters her in nearly everything.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:26 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by ergyngfeld
ever eaten black bear? we shot one at the Schefferville dump, tasted a bit rank, but that was probably just because it had been eating car batteries all its life...
Nope never tasted black bear, i've been told the same as you say though - a bit rank!

Caribou are also not overly good eating - so the meat gets donated to the locals if one is taken, as they seem to love it.

Nice pics.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:35 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope never tasted black bear, i've been told the same as you say though - a bit rank!

Caribou are also not overly good eating - so the meat gets donated to the locals if one is taken, as they seem to love it.

Nice pics.
I've had caribou - I thought it was tasty.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

awwww looks a cutey! Whats she doing, deciding whether to go English or Western?!!!!!!!!

My Canadian neice over here has an ex dressage horse that crossed over beautifully to barrels and poles - so she enters her in nearly everything.
She wishes to ride western. Her bigger sister has a thoroughbred/Morgan cross and rides English. They both entered their first shows recently and loved it. Expensive times ahead!

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Sep 29th 2011 at 1:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.