Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Old Oct 11th 2017, 2:06 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
1. Found in a barn
2. Brought home
3. After 1st wash and polish
4. I have a very happy husband
Ooh - I missed this. Great find. Series 2, circa 1970? Very nice indeed.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
On a related topic, if I were to, say, drink alcohol and access the internet and then find that I'd bought a car in er, well just for example, Florida. And if it turned out not to all be a scam, does anyone know if I could fly down and drive it back? The snag being, of course, that it can't have Ontario plates until it's in Ontario and Florida plates don't come with the car. I could have it shipped but that seems unadventurous.
That might depend on what it is. I met a guy in the dog park some years ago and he apparently had had some fancy car when he lived in the States and he wasn't able to import it. Can't remember the reason now, but he was not happy about it.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby had a 2 year old Mercedes when we came here. It seemed a lot of hassle to keep it here. Also at the end of the day we couldn’t sell it in Canada...and would have to change it back to US spec...import it...so we took it back to the US and sold it. He stopped at the dealer in Burlington on the way back and bought a new one.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
That might depend on what it is. I met a guy in the dog park some years ago and he apparently had had some fancy car when he lived in the States and he wasn't able to import it. Can't remember the reason now, but he was not happy about it.
There are a fair number of cars that are legal in the US but not in Canada. Strangely, in the case of the Lotus Elise, it depends on the year of the car. Equally, because Canada has a 15 year, exempt from most import rules, policy and, in the US, the cutoff is 25 years, there are lots of cars that are legal in Canada but not in the US; mostly those are RHD JDM vehicles and, while legal, they're hard to insure in Canada.

I talked with the Florida DMV today and, subject to proof of insurance, they will issue a temporary permit on which it is legal to drive to Canada. I've also talked with various customs brokers and the border crossing seems manageable. I know the vehicle to be legal in Canada. At this point the only argument against flying and driving seems to be that it's not sensible. That, of course, is no argument at all.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:46 pm
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Is that a tilt shift or just a very shallow depth of field?
Lens blur feature on my phone.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

At this point the only argument against flying and driving seems to be that it's not sensible. That, of course, is no argument at all.
Maybe check the weather first but otherwise yeah.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:50 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Ooh - I missed this. Great find. Series 2, circa 1970? Very nice indeed.
You are correct! It's a '69. The Challenger that has always been in the house garage is being oofed out to the unheated shop, and the Jaguar will be all nice and warm, next to the Rolls
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:51 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

There are a fair number of cars that are legal in the US but not in Canada. Strangely, in the case of the Lotus Elise, it depends on the year of the car. Equally, because Canada has a 15 year, exempt from most import rules, policy and, in the US, the cutoff is 25 years, there are lots of cars that are legal in Canada but not in the US; mostly those are RHD JDM vehicles and, while legal, they're hard to insure in Canada.

I talked with the Florida DMV today and, subject to proof of insurance, they will issue a temporary permit on which it is legal to drive to Canada. I've also talked with various customs brokers and the border crossing seems manageable. I know the vehicle to be legal in Canada. At this point the only argument against flying and driving seems to be that it's not sensible. That, of course, is no argument at all.
You will have so much fun!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:24 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering why I was becoming so popular. HID did warm me it wasn't my warm and friendly nature.
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0500.jpg  
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:58 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

A crowd of Postman Pat's fat older brothers
Attached Thumbnails Post The Latest Picture You Have Taken-img_0553.jpg  

Last edited by Oink; Oct 18th 2017 at 8:01 am.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:54 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
A crowd of Postman Pat's fat older brothers
Who is it? Good photo.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 11:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Who is it? Good photo.
The drum suggests Paul Weller's latest. He just played Vancouver. So my guess is...

Magnum's not the only PI around here.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:11 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The drum suggests Paul Weller's latest. He just played Vancouver. So my guess is...

Magnum's not the only PI around here.
But what's the Postman Pat reference?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Middle aged, rounded audience (according to Oink) is my guess?
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Middle aged, rounded audience (according to Oink) is my guess?
Just found this: BBC - London - Entertainment - Music - Highlights of our Paul Weller interview

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.