The Poppy.

Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Poppy.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
They do excellent work but some branches want them run like the Army and not always open to change.
I think many of the small town/small city Legions have had to amalgamate or close altogether just because the old vets died and there wasn't enough new business. I went down there to inquire about joining when I lived downtown, so as to have a near-by pub, and was presented with the application. They wanted $25 and my oath that I wasn't a communist. I passed on that, and then found out later that because I was already an active member of the Army Navy and Air Force Vets and a member of Sask Veterans Inc I could just go to the Legion anytime I wanted anyway and didn't need to be signed in. As private clubs were closing left and right the Legion here had to rent their space for raves and wrestling but managed to stay afloat and even managed to do a renovation to help them make more out of their building (a lovely heritage building). ANAVets closed, Sask Vets closed, the Teacher's Club closed, the Serbian Club closed, and more but the Legion is still there. They have the same office as always in the middle of the hood, when others might be tempted to spend more on location, so I think they are frugal in general.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

They closed the legion I used to go to. The writing was on the wall (in the toilet) when they put the beer up by a dollar.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 10:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
They closed the legion I used to go to.
That's just what they told you. There's a secret knock now.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks Siouxie, you're like a magic fairy