Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

PC Plus/Optimum - not to be sniffed at anymore

PC Plus/Optimum - not to be sniffed at anymore

Old Feb 23rd 2018, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC Plus/Optimum - not to be sniffed at anymore

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I hope I never become so blasé about money that saving $60 doesn't appeal.

Right back at ya
I am happy that you saved money, as I know that you will go to ends that most others wouldn't to do so.

It was the posting of the events that I would hope I would never want to do, although I accept that this post is taking me into similar territory.

Each to their own and all.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 6:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I am happy that you saved money, as I know that you will go to ends that most others wouldn't to do so..
Yep, hard work having a loyalty card, an awareness of prices and a shopping list.

I expect you don't have any kind of loyalty card or credit card with cashback. Or if you do you don't use it. Probably too busy paying your credit card multiple times a month to avoid paying interest, that's what you said you did right?. No air miles, don't bother checking the price of gas, just fill up regardless....

But that's different isn't it.

As for posting about it, people are interested in these things. I believe you've even posted credit card comparisons, banking costs and currency exchange matters yourself. Is there a difference?
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yep, hard work having a loyalty card, an awareness of prices and a shopping list.

I expect you don't have any kind of loyalty card or credit card with cashback. Or if you do you don't use it. Probably too busy paying your credit card multiple times a month to avoid paying interest, that's what you said you did right?. No air miles, don't bother checking the price of gas, just fill up regardless....

But that's different isn't it.

As for posting about it, people are interested in these things. I believe you've even posted credit card comparisons, banking costs and currency exchange matters yourself. Is there a difference?
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 7:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Well that explains that then.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Every Thursday I get an email from Safeway headed "your weekly digital coupons have arrived", supposedly tailored to what I buy

1. I don't do any grocery shopping

2. OH uses his own AirMiles Card, not mine

3. We have never bought 90% of the "tailored to you" specials

I do go online to check the Safeway flyer as we don't get one delivered to us, and that might be how they got my email address

but what a waste of time!
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 9:37 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

We do our regular weekly shop with the Loblaw empire, and usually spend the points at Christmas and/or Thanksgiving on the stuff that doesn't happen in the regular weekly shop. Recently we've been racking up the Shoppers Optimum points as well, so now they're all the same thing, there's going to be an awful lot of posh pate and gourmet crackers next holiday season!
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 9:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
...there's going to be an awful lot of posh pate and gourmet crackers next holiday season!

Would be nice if it was a better selection though. Foie Gras is about the only pate that gets added to the usual selection here.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 12:16 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I only shop at Superstore and Cost-co. I never really shopped at shoppers that much though.

I have over $600 in points as I have the MasterCard

Should really think about spending them.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 2:10 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

We've got around $600 worth of points on our card too. It's probably the most valuable thing in my wallet!
Old Feb 24th 2018, 5:20 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You do know that these places sell your data? The fact you have a so-called “loyalty card” just means they can triangle your information. So keep swiping and collecting.

Last edited by Oink; Feb 24th 2018 at 5:27 am.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 9:39 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You do know that these places sell your data? The fact you have a so-called “loyalty card” just means they can triangle your information. So keep swiping and collecting.
We're all data tracked through our phones and credit cards anyway. Short of becoming a crank and going 'off-grid', there's not much anyone can do to remain anonymous. Loyalty cards are relatively beneficial in that they help retailers optimise inventory and provide consumers with the occasional desired freebie.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

I never collect points - maybe I should.

RCSS eh? Might take a look at the store.

As to the data, you can put fake data can't you?
As to credit cards, they don't sell your data do they?
Old Feb 25th 2018, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

And re: selling data, wait until Google Home and Amazon Alexa take over - they are ALWAYS recording.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 9:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
We're all data tracked through our phones and credit cards anyway. Short of becoming a crank and going 'off-grid', there's not much anyone can do to remain anonymous. Loyalty cards are relatively beneficial in that they help retailers optimise inventory and provide consumers with the occasional desired freebie.
Agreed
Old Feb 26th 2018, 8:20 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I walked out with $60 of free shopping the other day, I'd been racking up points buying petrol at Loblaws/ Mobil without really noticing. Yes, it's rather handy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.