Patrick Brown

Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:34 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patrick Brown

Originally Posted by bats
California closer than Barrie? I think not.
As in the “me too” movement home
Old Feb 15th 2018, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Seems Mr Brown is suing CTV for defamation etc, in that they set him up. If that's the case, good luck to him. No need to ask where CTV are on the left/right of centre politics...
Old Feb 15th 2018, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Seems Mr Brown is suing CTV for defamation etc, in that they set him up. If that's the case, good luck to him. No need to ask where CTV are on the left/right of centre politics...
On the left. Does anyone really look to CTV for news? For me, CTV, Global etc are just re-distributors of american low end programming.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

These things are relative but I really can't imagine any big organisation on the left. Just like politicians, it's all Right and not quite as much Right.

Or maybe Canada's centre is so far to the right that left of centre is still on the right.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
These things are relative but I really can't imagine any big organisation on the left. Just like politicians, it's all Right and not quite as much Right.

Or maybe Canada's centre is so far to the right that left of centre is still on the right.
Sorry, disagree. Frustrating thing about living in Canada for some years now is the embarrassingly Liberal bias of both CTV and CBC.....
Old Feb 15th 2018, 10:24 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, disagree. Frustrating thing about living in Canada for some years nogvw is the embarrassingly Liberal bias of both CTV and CBC.....
It all depends on where you start.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

It all depends on where you start.
Objective independent reporting would be a good 'start'...a rare beast indeed.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 1:12 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Frustrating thing about living in Canada for some years now is the embarrassingly Liberal bias of both CTV and CBC.....
I understand that point of view, the internet is full of that belief.

But how does that make Canada's Liberals left wing?
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:23 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

https://thewalrus.ca/what-kind-of-leader-is-patrick-brown/#.WoZGUVOZSG8.twittery

This is worth a read. if you don't have time just go to the last para.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:55 am
Oscar nominated

This is worth a read. if you don't have time just go to the last para.
Yes, I read it. She makes many excellent points. There's just one quibble I have.
What if Brown had come forward to defend himself by saying something like: “I don’t believe that I engaged in any sexual misconduct, but I was also this young lady’s boss, there was an age difference between us, and with the benefit of maturity and hindsight, I can see that it was inappropriate for us to be partying together in that environment. I’m sorry if I made her feel uncomfortable, and I hope we can both move on.”
The implication is that this would have been okay and he'd have survived.

But on reading it I was immediately reminded of Kevin Spacey's initial statement. It is important to remember that Spacey's apology was before subsequent allegations. At the time, it was seen as a one-off, nothing more. I remember reading it to my stepdaughter and we both thought it was heartfelt and genuine.

Yet before any other accusations surfaced, he was roundly condemned for it.

So I'm not so sure the suggested statement for Brown would have "worked" in the way suggested. Not in the current climate.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 5:30 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes, I read it. She makes many excellent points. There's just one quibble I have.

The implication is that this would have been okay and he'd have survived.

But on reading it I was immediately reminded of Kevin Spacey's initial statement. It is important to remember that Spacey's apology was before subsequent allegations. At the time, it was seen as a one-off, nothing more. I remember reading it to my stepdaughter and we both thought it was heartfelt and genuine.

Yet before any other accusations surfaced, he was roundly condemned for it.

So I'm not so sure the suggested statement for Brown would have "worked" in the way suggested. Not in the current climate.
He might have survived this with a bit of honesty yes. With every action he's coming over as a very unpleasant person. Even in the articles that are supporting him.
He said he resigned then he says he didn't. Somebody else sent the letter for him. He says he didn't have that apartment in 2006 but that's the year he moved into it. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 5:48 pm
Oscar nominated

He might have survived this with a bit of honesty yes. With every action he's coming over as a very unpleasant person...said he resigned then he says he didn't...says he didn't have that apartment in 2006 but that's the year he moved into it...
Those are all since the story broke though. If the suggested statement had been made first thing and a year ago, then he might have escaped major sanctions.

It's what I was talking about in that other thread previously. No matter what the allegation is, no matter whether in isolation or multiple examples, or whether it could be substantiated, everyone is guilty and all guilty to the same level.

So if he'd come out with that statement first thing, I don't think it would have worked currently.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 6:30 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I think Patrick Brown's difficulty - aside from the obvious one that he appears to be at best a creep and at worst a serially offensive abuser of his power-relationships with women - is that he is an odious and oleaginous toad who nobody in their right mind would want leading the province. And that the Conservative party saw this and were only too delighted to use the sexual misconduct allegations to drop him like a stone.

I find the whole leadership election thing now strangely fascinating. Tanya Granic Allen (who she?) is trying for Hudak/Brown redux. Mulroney, Elliott and Ford are all trading off the reputation of their more famous family member (father, husband and brother respectively) without having any substantive campaign platform to promote. I suppose Caroline Mulroney or Christine Elliott could turn out to be moderately competent and not too offensive - if either Allen or Ford get in, it's welcome to another term in office for Wynne.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I think Patrick Brown's difficulty - aside from the obvious one that he appears to be at best a creep and at worst a serially offensive abuser of his power-relationships with women - is that he is an odious and oleaginous toad who nobody in their right mind would want leading the province. And that the Conservative party saw this and were only too delighted to use the sexual misconduct allegations to drop him like a stone.

I find the whole leadership election thing now strangely fascinating. Tanya Granic Allen (who she?) is trying for Hudak/Brown redux. Mulroney, Elliott and Ford are all trading off the reputation of their more famous family member (father, husband and brother respectively) without having any substantive campaign platform to promote. I suppose Caroline Mulroney or Christine Elliott could turn out to be moderately competent and not too offensive - if either Allen or Ford get in, it's welcome to another term in office for Wynne.
Surely Wynne can't get in again after what she has done to this province? Maybe you shouldn't answer that! It may turn into a curse!

If all of what you say above is true, I can't understand why the conservatives voted Brown in as their leader in the first place? Chirstine Elliott seemed a much better choice.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 7:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Surely Wynne can't get in again after what she has done to this province?
I haven't noticed anything the government has done since Mike Harris dumped the patients into the parks. My electric bill, for example, is the same as it ever was.

What are the top three things Wynne has changed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.