Parking @ Pearson

Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parking @ Pearson

Good Evening Folks,

My family and I are heading back across the pond for Crimbo (28 Days and Counting).
Has anybody any advice or experience of parking at or near YYZ before taking a flight.
I have looked online but the prices appear to be quite steep and I like being organised.

Thanks in advance

Farmboy
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:59 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking @ Pearson

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Good Evening Folks,

My family and I are heading back across the pond for Crimbo (28 Days and Counting).
Has anybody any advice or experience of parking at or near YYZ before taking a flight.
I have looked online but the prices appear to be quite steep and I like being organised.

Thanks in advance

Farmboy
We use the value parking lot if we drive there. There's a covered value parking place too which would be better in the winter, you don't want to be shovelling snow after a long flight.
Another alternative is staying the night before at an airport hotel that has free parking.

PS what about getting the train? That's what we do now. GO train to Union then UP express to Pearson

Last edited by bats; Nov 22nd 2017 at 2:12 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Bats!!

I will look into that

Cheers
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I park in the regular lot, it's about $275/week. It's better to fly from Buffalo or, if you're already down London Ont way, from Detroit.

I'd be gobsmacked if the hotel/free parking deal was cost effective at the Toronto airport, that's an American thing.

Slightly off topic I was wryly amused this morning to be slightly delayed by a small Toyota doing small Toyota things; pootling along slowly, being unsure which lane it was trying for, generally seeming in a muddle. The plate was RUSH YYZ.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I park in the regular lot, it's about $275/week. It's better to fly from Buffalo or, if you're already down London Ont way, from Detroit.

I'd be gobsmacked if the hotel/free parking deal was cost effective at the Toronto airport, that's an American thing.

Slightly off topic I was wryly amused this morning to be slightly delayed by a small Toyota doing small Toyota things; pootling along slowly, being unsure which lane it was trying for, generally seeming in a muddle. The plate was RUSH YYZ.
Hey we have a Toyota and I resent that

Maybe the Toyota driver lived in a subdivision and enjoyed the limelight and was listening to the spirit of radio.

Here is a link for Park and Ride coupons.
https://www.retailmenot.ca/coupons/parknfly.ca

and here is a weekly rate in Ottawa

https://www.parknfly.ca/location/ott...t-parking.aspx

Are you sure it is $275/week or is it so high as there is a premium for living in Toronto that the rest of us mere mortals aren't aware of

I remember being on the shuttle bus from Dorval to the Park and Fly parking lots a few years ago. They have 2 lots there. The closer one has valet parking where you give them the keys they park it etc and when you arrive back you call them and your car is waiting engine running etc where the shuttle bus drops you off in the parking lot. I believe this is a flat $30 difference. People on our bus were doing this and raving about how convenient it was. I was just keeping a straight face thinking you people know how to fritter money away. It was the middle of summer so no snow scraping etc.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 12:47 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Consider your gob smacked. It is possible - though more likely to be cost effective if you normally use the higher rate parking lots- and we've done it. Just the once though as usually flights to London are in the evening and I wouldn't plan on staying the night after returning home. I dislike having to hang around for hotel and airport shuttles which for me is a big reason against using them.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Consider your gob smacked. It is possible - though more likely to be cost effective if you normally use the higher rate parking lots- and we've done it. Just the once though as usually flights to London are in the evening and I wouldn't plan on staying the night after returning home. I dislike having to hang around for hotel and airport shuttles which for me is a big reason against using them.
I've been searching the Amex statements to try to find how much it was for the last trip (that was a week and a half). I remember it being many hundreds but now I recall that the parking machine was broken and I couldn't easily pay. I don't remember now how I got around that. Anyway, parking + taxes + fees at YYZ is way more than a good hotel and a nice dinner at Buffalo or Detroit and there isn't the bother of all the infrastructure having crumbled away.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Partially D,

Thanks for posting up that link. Looks like a pretty deal in comparison to using the airport website. Is it safe though? Have you used it?

Regards

Farmboy
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Maybe the Toyota driver lived in a subdivision and enjoyed the limelight and was listening to the spirit of radio.
I was a bit baffled at such a car being in such a remote location. Perhaps the driver lives in one of those awful projects in Grand Valley or Scumdalk and has to flog up and down to the airport everyday in a small Toyota listening to terrestrial radio. Considering that is like considering someone who lives in a refugee camp or the GO station subway, it makes one appreciate what one has.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Hi Partially D,

Thanks for posting up that link. Looks like a pretty deal in comparison to using the airport website. Is it safe though? Have you used it?

Regards

Farmboy
I've used Park and Fly in Ottawa and Montreal but since I haven't lived in Toronto since 1994 I haven't used the Toronto location. It has been fine for me in Ottawa and Montreal. Both locations are fenced in and you can only get in and out via the shuttle bus which runs on a continuous loop to the airport and back.

There may be some other competing parking lots to Park and Fly at Pearson. They are all cheaper than the airport parking but the airport parking is indoor unless you end up on the roof (where we often end up on in Montreal) so your car will be free of snow and ice for when you get back.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was a bit baffled at such a car being in such a remote location. Perhaps the driver lives in one of those awful projects in Grand Valley or Scumdalk and has to flog up and down to the airport everyday in a small Toyota listening to terrestrial radio. Considering that is like considering someone who lives in a refugee camp or the GO station subway, it makes one appreciate what one has.
Driving a small Toyota and listening to terrrestrial radio and living in the Roof of Ontario. Where did it all go wrong for them.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 2:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I used to travel with someone who would park at the Park and Fly, when we returned from trips he'd take a taxi there. The taxi drivers were generally not amused at giving up their spot in the queue for the base fare on the meter.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 3:07 pm
limey party pooper

There are also limo and van services to and from the airport. I find them ok on the way there but there's an amount of hanging around at the airport on the return trip that I dislike

Another option, pay a neighbour to take you and collect you in your own vehicle.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 5:05 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Park n Fly is ok, used them a couple of times, and the official pearson reservations thing too (https://reservations.torontopearson.com).

If you happen to have access to Perkopolis then there are discounts available through there for those two too (the pearson one is 30% I think)
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 5:44 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Just watch out for the newfies at the airport...