Orlando Vacation

Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orlando Vacation

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Did that once. Never again. It took 2 1/2 days of driving on mind numbing interstates interspersed with Denny's/Bob Evans/Cracker Barrel/Ruby Tuesday's etc at alternate interstate exits.

To add to the chorus, I think Disney is wasted on those under about 4 as they won't remember it. A beach holiday and maybe a day at Disney would be better.
We took our daughter to Disney a week after her 4th birthday...the same 12 months later. She doesn't remember either trip. The next time was when she was about 10.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We took our daughter to Disney a week after her 4th birthday...the same 12 months later. She doesn't remember either trip. The next time was when she was about 10.
I've got photos of myself as at 4 and 5 when we went to Disneyland, but I have no memory of either of those trips, first trip I have a memory of was when we went in 1988 when I was 9.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:27 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Last time we went to Florida was for a roller hockey tournament. We chose a villa through Vacation Rentals by Owner the rest of the team were in a hotel. We got two bedrooms, living room, full kitchen and private garden plus bbq and private parking, in the hotel they got a one room suite ie a bedroom and living room which doubled as sleeping facilities for the kids. The villa and hotel were within 15 mins walk of each other. We paid 2/3 the price of the hotel room.
I'm with you on this. I live in Tampa Bay. Last year (exactly a year ago in fact), family came over for 2 weeks and we rented a 4 bed villa on VRBO for about $1000 a week. Me, Dad, Sis, her hubby & 2 boys 8 & 10. Own pool, well equipped, Brit owners in UK . 20-30 mins from Disney by car. All the necessary retailers within 15 mins. Nothing in walking distance though.

Very enjoyable. Pay (in advance) for fast pass if you are going to the parks or spend all day queuing!
Old May 5th 2017, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all so much for the input.
For some reason I didn't get any notifications so I didn't realize I had any replies.

We are going there primarily because we either drive to Ontario from NB and spend LOT of time on the road. When we get there our son and daughter in law will be working and we will only see the grand kids for a very short while in the evenings.Or we meet somewhere else for a vacation.
So we thought we would all fly down to Orlando for a week and actually spend some time together.
A friend has offered a time share for Friends and family rate. Ridiculously cheap and Orlando is where our son wants to go.
We realize the little ones won't remember it later but the sights will be nice for them. With the condo rental so cheap one day in Magic Kingdom wont break the bank.
That's why we want a nice resort so we can enjoy the pools etc as well as going elsewhere during the week.
We looked at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek it was at the top of the list but couldn't get the week we wanted. And we looked at the Bahama Bay too.
In the end we booked Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Sea World. Looks really nice.
Thank you again for all the information.
BE never let's you down!

Last edited by pennyhp; May 5th 2017 at 2:39 am.
Old May 5th 2017, 4:25 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Thank you all so much for the input.
For some reason I didn't get any notifications so I didn't realize I had any replies.

We are going there primarily because we either drive to Ontario from NB and spend LOT of time on the road. When we get there our son and daughter in law will be working and we will only see the grand kids for a very short while in the evenings.Or we meet somewhere else for a vacation.
So we thought we would all fly down to Orlando for a week and actually spend some time together.
A friend has offered a time share for Friends and family rate. Ridiculously cheap and Orlando is where our son wants to go.
We realize the little ones won't remember it later but the sights will be nice for them. With the condo rental so cheap one day in Magic Kingdom wont break the bank.
That's why we want a nice resort so we can enjoy the pools etc as well as going elsewhere during the week.
We looked at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek it was at the top of the list but couldn't get the week we wanted. And we looked at the Bahama Bay too.
In the end we booked Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Sea World. Looks really nice.
Thank you again for all the information.
BE never let's you down!
I wouldn't go to Orlando if you paid me and I certainly would subject my kids to it. When I lived in Tennessee we used to laugh at all the trashy Canadians going south on the interstate for the their hackneyed vacations. It's the worst kind of strip-mall, Katie Price consumer hell. I'd of thought there should be a bit more thought going into a children's holiday than this sort of Benefit Street string-vested type getaway.

Don't forget the two for five free lobotomies at the all-you-can-eat Sizzler buffet or the endless shrimp botulism at the Red Lobster. " . . . and bleedin' Watney's Red Barrel . . . Torremolinos"

Last edited by Oink; May 5th 2017 at 4:57 am.
Old May 5th 2017, 11:51 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
... and bleedin' Watney's Red Barrel . . . Torremolinos"
I thought you were younger than that.
Old May 5th 2017, 1:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I wouldn't go to Orlando if you paid me and I certainly would subject my kids to it. When I lived in Tennessee we used to laugh at all the trashy Canadians going south on the interstate for the their hackneyed vacations. It's the worst kind of strip-mall, Katie Price consumer hell. I'd of thought there should be a bit more thought going into a children's holiday than this sort of Benefit Street string-vested type getaway.
I've been to Disneyworld, Disneyland, Hershey's Chocolate Factory, Knotts Berry Farm and SeaWorld numerous times. Never with children but because they're the locations American firms choose for corporate events. It may be that trashy Canadians like Benefit Street string-vested type locations but so does corporate America.

If you wonder, btw, how people get through day after day of being friendly to children while dressed in ridiculous costumes in an environment where booze is forbidden or tightly limited I can assure you that the answer is huge and frequent spliffs.