Orlando Vacation

Old Apr 25th 2017, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Orlando Vacation

Hi Everyone

This seems as good a place as any to post my question, given that lots of people living in Canada go to Florida to vacation.
We are planning a trip to Orlando in September with our son and daughter in law and our grandsons who are 3 and 1 years old.
I am looking at resorts and an getting very confused. If any of you have visited down there you might be able to help me out.

My must have requirements are:
Young kid friendly play areas and pools.
The areas I like are Kissimmee and anywhere within a sensible distance of Magic Kingdom since that is the only park we will visit I think.

Restaurants and shops in close proximity to the resort.

That's it really.
I find the resort websites don't always show what I want to see.
That is they might mention 5 pools and kids play area etc but they don't necessarily show you what they are like.
So if anyone has any recommendations I am all ears.

Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2017, 10:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orlando Vacation

Don't go to Orlando with such young children. The hotels there are stupid expensive and not that great, and even the three year old won't remember much of the Disney park a year later.

Go to a nice resort hotel on the coast somewhere - you'll get some combination of a better hotel and cheaper rates.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

jellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond reputejellybean_17 has a reputation beyond repute

Coco Key water resort was good fun (International Dr), there is a splash park for the younger kids. You can walk to shops and restaurants too. Reunion Resort is beautiful and again fun but you will need to drive to other areas. Friends have stayed in the Disney resorts and had no complaints too.
Other than that we have booked Villas in various areas and driven out to shops and restaurants.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Don't go to Orlando with such young children. The hotels there are stupid expensive and not that great, and even the three year old won't remember much of the Disney park a year later.

Go to a nice resort hotel on the coast somewhere - you'll get some combination of a better hotel and cheaper rates.
I tend to agree. At 1 and 3 there isn't a whole lot of rides the kids can ride, and neither will remember the experience.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 10:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be interested in this too, though not necessarily Orlando, and from the point of not driving. Everything on foot or a short bus ride.

I prefer a hotel pool to the beach, although a beach is nice to go to as well.

Somewhere to go for a wander and sit in the shade of a palm tree. Somewhere to just gaze over the sea.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 11:27 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Why Florida?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 11:57 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

1 and 3 year old won't remember a thing. I would look at a villa rather than hotels. I'd personally stay beach and just visit Disney for the day if it's absolutely necessary.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Last time we went to Florida was for a roller hockey tournament. We chose a villa through Vacation Rentals by Owner the rest of the team were in a hotel. We got two bedrooms, living room, full kitchen and private garden plus bbq and private parking, in the hotel they got a one room suite ie a bedroom and living room which doubled as sleeping facilities for the kids. The villa and hotel were within 15 mins walk of each other. We paid 2/3 the price of the hotel room.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

wyndham bonnet creek resort.
stayed last chrismas in a 2 bed apartment. You get the best of both worlds. within reach of disney, but not owned by them so much cheaper.
the kids pools are fantastic, in fact my sister went for Easter with her 2 grandchildren and loved it.
ask for a firework view. If you want to know more just pm me.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:03 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, when we visit we stay at the Bahama Bay resort in Davenport, where the condos are self catering but it also has a nice restaurant on site that will deliver too. Its a short drive to the Magic Kingdom from there.
Its a quiet resort with nice pools and a serene ambience. We enjoy it for its peace after a day at the parks.
Nearby (short car drive) is a Super Target, KMart, Bahama Breeze restaurant, an Olive Garden, Longhorn steakhouse, sweet Tomatoes etc. Theres obviously more as Orlando is busting with these places but these are in the area close by.
Disney is great for babies as they have good facilities and my 3 year old when we took her really thought she had met the real life Ariel which made me grab my camera in a teary rush. Its a sweet memory for us parents and she kind of recalls it.
Orlando in September is still very hot and sticky. If you havent booked the flights yet you may prefer to wait until October.
This is a great resource for Orlando trips with children
www.mousesavers.com There is a mass of info there on getting the best from your trip and your money.

Have fun booking it all.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Last time we went to Florida was for a roller hockey tournament. We chose a villa through Vacation Rentals by Owner the rest of the team were in a hotel. We got two bedrooms, living room, full kitchen and private garden plus bbq and private parking, in the hotel they got a one room suite ie a bedroom and living room which doubled as sleeping facilities for the kids. The villa and hotel were within 15 mins walk of each other. We paid 2/3 the price of the hotel room.

I would recommend this as well (and have done this myself). You can then cater for yourself (if you want) and have your own pool.

I went over Christmas and the New Year one year, the weather was warm enough for T-shirts and the outdoor pool (which was heated) - and a bargain at that time of year! Stayed with my buddy and his wife who drove down from Ottawa (he does stuff like that!).
Old Apr 26th 2017, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Stayed with my buddy and his wife who drove down from Ottawa (he does stuff like that!).
Did that once. Never again. It took 2 1/2 days of driving on mind numbing interstates interspersed with Denny's/Bob Evans/Cracker Barrel/Ruby Tuesday's etc at alternate interstate exits.

To add to the chorus, I think Disney is wasted on those under about 4 as they won't remember it. A beach holiday and maybe a day at Disney would be better.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

If you do get to the Magic Kingdom be ready for waiting and waiting and waiting up to one or even two hours for popular rides/events.

I agree with others that ages 3 and 1 are too small for it to be memorable for them.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Did that once. Never again. It took 2 1/2 days of driving on mind numbing interstates interspersed with Denny's/Bob Evans/Cracker Barrel/Ruby Tuesday's etc at alternate interstate exits.

To add to the chorus, I think Disney is wasted on those under about 4 as they won't remember it. A beach holiday and maybe a day at Disney would be better.
I did it once too. Just me and my son who was probably 11 at the time. We had a great time.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I did it once too. Just me and my son who was probably 11 at the time. We had a great time.
I drove with my daughter, the summer of the year when she ended high school, to Disneyland in Anaheim. It was a wonderful trip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.