Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Ok- so the homesickness has kicked in......

Ok- so the homesickness has kicked in......

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:08 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ok- so the homesickness has kicked in......

Aww you all made me well up reading the replies to Mrs Miggins.

Sounds like were due for a girly weekend away to Calgary Mrs M. Maybe that would recharge our batteries.

Glad your feeling better, xxx mrs minihaha
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Karma and hugs Mrs M. Not much to say that hasn't already been said (but I did like the bottle of wine to the bath scenario, or the 'howl through a DVD' session too ).

You've done so well - huge pat on the back. Is hubby working away a long term plan? (We were thinking of that too, but I have reservations, like being a 24/7 mum and dad for a month - I think "me" disappears somewhere in all that!). And if the Lethbridge ladies head north, try Cochrane too

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:23 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Karma and hugs Mrs M. Not much to say that hasn't already been said (but I did like the bottle of wine to the bath scenario, or the 'howl through a DVD' session too ).

You've done so well - huge pat on the back. Is hubby working away a long term plan? (We were thinking of that too, but I have reservations, like being a 24/7 mum and dad for a month - I think "me" disappears somewhere in all that!). And if the Lethbridge ladies head north, try Cochrane too

Hi Ann, now its ice cream weather again I will defo be heading your way soon, with or without the kids

x mrs minihaha
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs M, I had a thought! Do you have any general elective course next year?? Some of the students took the courses over the summer instead of during the fall and winter semesters. You then use those courses to get an exemption and so you have extra hours on your timetable. This would help you trying to juggle home and school
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:39 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel sooooooooooooooooooooo much better!

So yesterday, I met up for a friend and went for lunch with the kids and then to the park to play basketball, (on the way picking up another letbridge lady) so the three adults and two kids played ball, while being blown about in the wind.

Came home and dotted between craft stuff with miss miggins and shrek on the PS2 (I finally allowed him to have one) with master miggins....

Had sunday tea, put the kids to bed and then the three of us settled down to watch Atonement, which was really interesting because the girls were saying that they really don't know much about WW 2 and stuff and one of them is off to London in June for a couple of weeks, so that was kinda cool, being able to show them stuff on the film and that type of thing. So I dropped off one friend back home, and the other was last seen trying to use the high tec steam shower in the basement half an hours ago, she's probably down there now with third degree burns god love her - as it's all buttons and gadgets and I never use the bloody thing....So going to drop her home and get the kids wellies on to wash the car in the indoor car wash thing, which should be fun!

So yeah, perked up lots now. And for me, it's always going to be about missing the friends, and I suppose the OH being away too, being poorly and worn out doesn't help either.

However the good news is we are booking a Mexico type holiday for the second week in April, for some quality family time, (and sun, sea and umm, catching up with each other lol!) and Mr Miggins is going back to talk to the boss about a change of shifts, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. And we always new the first 12 month would be the hardest, and although I have always missed people, the hard bit has only kicked in at month 10, so that's quite good going really....

So thanks everyone, it's meant a lot, and I know it's only cyber space, but it really cheered me up to know that there are people out there in the same boat, or certainly routing for us!!!!.

Lots of love
Mrs Miggins xxxxxx
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:11 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hey glad your feeling better Mrs M x x x x x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

What a great day, pleased you had a good time, you sound so much happier.
Good to know you have friends on here anytime of the day or night, keep smiling Mrs M
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:36 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you're feeling better and are all heading off on a lovely family break next month. It will do you all the world of good.

Warmer weather is not too far off either
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Lauraandfam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Glad to hear that you're feeling better and are all heading off on a lovely family break next month. It will do you all the world of good.

Warmer weather is not too far off either
Oh, how great are you!!

Onwards and upwards!!!!

Have a great holiday! Sun, sea and sand is just what you need!
xxxxxxxxx