Oakville next week

Old Oct 27th 2017, 8:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oakville next week

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Top onion ring on the tower is the smallest so you need to figure out how many rings are on the tower and how many are in your group so you don't end up eating the smallest.

The burgers look small but are very filling and kind of spendy.
Group? I wouldn't be sharing.

The prices look pretty much standard but I wonder how big the burgers are? There was a pub I used to go to in Manhattan and they did 3/4 pound burgers as a matter of course, and asked how you wanted them cooked.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 8:52 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I am stuck in a Blues Burger rut. I very much like the Blues Burger, and may well have one in an hour, but there are lots of other attractive choices and I should be more adventurous.
The Blues Burger is very good but i'm thinking of having the Nacho Libre as the tortillas would be like having crisps in your sandwich
Old Oct 27th 2017, 10:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Group? I wouldn't be sharing.

The prices look pretty much standard but I wonder how big the burgers are? There was a pub I used to go to in Manhattan and they did 3/4 pound burgers as a matter of course, and asked how you wanted them cooked.
There used to be a place like that down one of the alleyways near the Lanes in Brighton; they used to sell 1/2 or 3/4 lb burgers, cooked to your liking with a variety of toppings that could be added.

Have to say they were the best (and messiest) burgers I have ever eaten.

Thread drift... sorry!

Old Oct 27th 2017, 10:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
The Blues Burger is very good but i'm thinking of having the Nacho Libre as the tortillas would be like having crisps in your sandwich
Today I tried the Smokey Mountain which was nice enough but not one I'll rush to have again. I took it as it looked fairly messy. A messy burger seemed in solidarity with the cheese spurting in all directions from the Malibu Meltdown.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 10:45 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

The great thing about Toronto and the east in general is that they don't care about healthy eating so you get some really good places with tasty food that wouldn't do well in Vancouver.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 11:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The great thing about Toronto and the east in general is that they don't care about healthy eating so you get some really good places with tasty food that wouldn't do well in Vancouver.
People love gluttony. It may be that a burger with six kinds of bacon served with a pitcher of domestic beer and some jelly shots for drinking from navels wouldn’t sell in Vancouver but surely there’s a place for a bean sprout eating competition or a pickle brine guzzling evening. Thus energized Vancouvans might twang each other’s lycra. Phwoar!
Old Oct 28th 2017, 12:09 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

How does Thursday 2nd at the Works work? Provided there's a pedestrian access over the closed bit of Lakeshore
I'd like to be there early so 6pm??

In addition I can also do Sat 4th, Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th

Last edited by bats; Oct 28th 2017 at 12:11 am.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 1:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
There used to be a place like that down one of the alleyways near the Lanes in Brighton;
Cary's - one in Baldwin St and another in Clifton. We used to go because it was 'late drinking' but they did good burgers
Old Oct 28th 2017, 8:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Cary's - one in Baldwin St and another in Clifton. We used to go because it was 'late drinking' but they did good burgers
Not the one I went to - it was a shack (quite literally) that sold burgers and nothing else.

I can think of a few 'late drinking' places I used to frequent in Bristol, lol

Old Oct 28th 2017, 8:40 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
How does Thursday 2nd at the Works work? Provided there's a pedestrian access over the closed bit of Lakeshore
I'd like to be there early so 6pm??

In addition I can also do Sat 4th, Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th
I don't think there's any special arrangement for pedestrians to cross the river at Lakeshore. You'd need to go up a block on Forsythe, across on the Randall St bridge, and back down Navy St - it's not too far of a detour, though, and will help to work up an appetite for a Works burger.

I think this coming Thursday will work for me - might struggle for 6pm though, could you stretch to 6.30, that'd be plenty of time for me to get in from down the road in Mississauga after work.

Or if others have better suggestions I'm good with those too...
Old Oct 29th 2017, 2:35 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I don't think there's any special arrangement for pedestrians to cross the river at Lakeshore. You'd need to go up a block on Forsythe, across on the Randall St bridge, and back down Navy St - it's not too far of a detour, though, and will help to work up an appetite for a Works burger.

I think this coming Thursday will work for me - might struggle for 6pm though, could you stretch to 6.30, that'd be plenty of time for me to get in from down the road in Mississauga after work.

Or if others have better suggestions I'm good with those too...
6.30 it is.

Who else is coming?

Next week we can try Bru.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

2nd works for me! Sorry for the delayed post in this thread, just saw it as I've had a crazy few days!

I just have to verify that my parents can get BabySchnooks into bed. Mr Schnooks may be able to make it if he gets the earlier train from Toronto which puts him at the GO at 6:45.

The Works is definitely delicious, been a few times. Oak - Mr Schnooks had the Reese's Burger, said it was filthy and delicious and surprisingly worked quite well! But he also has an obsession with anything Reese's...

Looking forward to it!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 10:50 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
2nd works for me! Sorry for the delayed post in this thread, just saw it as I've had a crazy few days!

I just have to verify that my parents can get BabySchnooks into bed. Mr Schnooks may be able to make it if he gets the earlier train from Toronto which puts him at the GO at 6:45.

The Works is definitely delicious, been a few times. Oak - Mr Schnooks had the Reese's Burger, said it was filthy and delicious and surprisingly worked quite well! But he also has an obsession with anything Reese's...

Looking forward to it!
Excellent, which day for week two? I can do Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday
Old Oct 31st 2017, 10:46 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

2nd is good for me.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:15 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by sharkus
2nd is good for me.
Super dooper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.