Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

NY hotel or apt. recommendations please?

NY hotel or apt. recommendations please?

Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold
Default NY hotel or apt. recommendations please?

Hi All

Planning a trip to NY in May and looking for a hotel or maybe an apartment - is it legal to rent one for a couple of nights?
Don't mind jumping on the subway but don't won't to be too far out. Plan to do all the touristy stuff to show the kids - 10, 13 and 4.
Any recommendations (except for not going at all, this is all OH's great idea ) gratefully received.

Thanks!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:40 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NY hotel or apt. recommendations please?

I stayed here last fall, and it was a pretty convenient location: http://www.dylanhotel.com/EN/hotel.html
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:55 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Stayed at the Eventi (Kimpton) recently. It was quite nice and a decent location.

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/hotels/...tel-manhattan/
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:59 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed here, right the corner of Times Sq. Great location, smallish rooms but very clean etc.

http://presidenthotelny.com/
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

The Hilton Times Square is very nice and in a good location.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:13 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.newyorkcityluxuryhotels.c...new-york/index.

I stayed here. It was ok.

http://www.fourseasons.com/newyork/

This one was better.

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Feb 14th 2012 at 3:15 am.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Stayed twice now at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson. Fantastic hotel with amazing views of the New York skyline. It is literally steps from the underground (PATH train) that takes you under the Hudson into Manhatten.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone for the ideas!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:00 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment at the Doubletree Suites. Step outside and you are right in the heart of Times Square. I found it to be nice and quiet inside the hotel despite it's very busy location.

A few years ago we also stayed in the Belvidere Hotel, a boutique hotel, also close to Times Square. I found it noisier than the Doubletree though.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 3:13 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Stayed at Radio City Apartments last September which was really nice. two bedrooms (one with 2 queen beds, one with 1) and a pull out sofa. also had a small kitchen bit and a table with 4 seats. there was 3 of us staying and we had heaps of room.

only about 5 minutes from times square, and a few subway stations nearby as well.

have also stayed at The Pod which is a bit more of a walk. nice rooms, but tiny!