Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Nine days old...(pic)

Nine days old...(pic)

Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:17 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nine days old...(pic)

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Now I've worked out how to upload images here's one of one of the birds from the "birds of prey" enclosure - I was amazed at the fact that the birds were "loose" (I'm just waiting for the comments people will say about this !) within the enclosure.

Enjoy
I'll try again.

Did you see the Great Grey Owl

and of course the Hippo's
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:20 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I've worked out how to upload images here's one of one of the birds from the "birds of prey" enclosure - I was amazed at the fact that the birds were "loose" (I'm just waiting for the comments people will say about this !) within the enclosure.

Enjoy
Great pic!

There's nothing wrong birds of prey being loose. I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to comment about that. The beasties in the Castor canadensis enclosure are another matter though! :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
I'll try again.

Did you see the Great Grey Owl

and of course the Hippo's
Fantastic - when is the book coming out ?
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:23 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
There's nothing wrong birds of prey being loose. I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to comment about that.
I was expecting lots of comments about loose birds !!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:24 pm

You are way too kind.

No book. Not good enough for that.

However if you click on the link under my signature it'll take you to the website where I have a whole pile of stuff stored.

Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

However if you click on the link under my signature it'll take you to the website where I have a whole pile of stuff stored.
I have spent many a moment or two looking at those.

Do you "tweak" your shots much or are they "as taken" so to speak ?

I have to admit that I don't mess about with mine at all - although I probably should - my shot of the panda looks a tad over exposed to me in the top left

Which "tweaking" program do you use ?
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

You are way too kind.

No book. Not good enough for that.

Cheers
Steve
RUBBISH! You are too modest! Your pictures are SO good - no they're far better than good; they're excellent, I would expect to see them in wildlife/travel/adverising publications!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:57 pm

I have spent many a moment or two looking at those.

Do you "tweak" your shots much or are they "as taken" so to speak ?

I have to admit that I don't mess about with mine at all - although I probably should - my shot of the panda looks a tad over exposed to me in the top left

Which "tweaking" program do you use ?
They are all very definitly "tweaked" in some form or another.

I use Adobe Photoshop as my main image manipulation software.

I just had a quick play with your Panda pic, I hope you don't mind. The difference is subtle but unfortunately I couldn't do anything with the whites they are blown out and there is no detail there.

The thumbnail on the left is the original.

Cheers
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Nine days old...(pic)-red-panda3.jpg   Nine days old...(pic)-red-panda3a.jpg  

Last edited by Hangman; Aug 17th 2006 at 10:04 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Calgal
RUBBISH! You are too modest! Your pictures are SO good - no they're far better than good; they're excellent, I would expect to see them in wildlife/travel/adverising publications!
I have been told many times that I am overly critical of my own work.

However that is how I feel about it. That is not to say I don't like what I produce, I just don't think it is that good.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They are all very definitly "tweaked" in some form or another.

I use Adobe Photoshop as my main image manipulation software.

I just had a quick play with your Panda pic, I hope you don't mind. The difference is subtle but unfortunately I couldn't do anything with the whites they are blown out and there is no detail there.

The thumbnail on the left is the original.

Cheers
Steve
Steve

Thanks for the tip - I will give Adobe Photoshop a try.

Have you ever thought about offering your manipulation services to the public ? You could probably make a fortune
Old Aug 18th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Steve,
Your photos are brilliant, thank you so much for sharing them!

Your grandaughter is a cutie!

Hope you are feeling good, take care of yourself.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:21 pm

Steve

Have you ever thought about offering your manipulation services to the public ? You could probably make a fortune
But that would mean people would have expectations and I would have to work. :scared:

What you have to realise is that I am the bone idle sort.

I'm retired and want to stay that way.

I don't mind doing the odd one or two for friends but I'm not interested in starting a new career.

Nice of you to suggest though.

Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
Steve,
Your photos are brilliant, thank you so much for sharing them!

Your grandaughter is a cutie!

Hope you are feeling good, take care of yourself.
Thank you very much and yes I'm feeling much better these days.