New TOP GEAR

Old Feb 11th 2016, 12:02 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New TOP GEAR

Originally Posted by magnumpi
They will have a new name for him like " the stag"
Or "The Slag"? Equal opportunity and all that.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:23 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Or "The Slag"? Equal opportunity and all that.
It was originally going to be called 'The Gimp' but the BBC vetoed it. Given all the creative freedom they supposedly have now it may make a return.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

It is probably going to suck. Not that I was a fan of the old one tbh.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:28 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
It'd be good if they can complete the trio with a Hooters style female.
It's not a trio anymore: Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz join Top Gear line-up - BBC News

I wouldn't say Sabine fits the hooters profile though. I'm told she is a very personable lady, and certainly likes the cars.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
..... I wouldn't say Sabine fits the hooters profile though. I'm told she is a very personable lady, and certainly likes the cars.
She can drive a Jag round the Nurburgring faster than Clarkson, but that doesn't necessarily make her the ideal presenter of Top Gear.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 4:40 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I may be in a minority here but I enjoyed the old three, most of the time.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Come take a look over here, we're mostly fans of the Clarkson, May & Hammond Top Gear.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Add me...to that minority....again, most of the time. Not fan of Chris Evans...but will wait and see.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 6:37 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed top gear, but the ratio of good/bad episodes wasn't going in the right direction.

I have a feeling that the Netflix show is going to be shit while the beeb version will end up being decent if it can get through its first couple of years. I'll be watching both anyway, at least to start with.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:11 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC line-up shows promise, IMO. I could have done with out Evans, and I'm really not sure Eddie Jordan is a necessary addition to anything, to be honest (although maybe he's still under contract to the Beeb and they had to find him something to do now the F1 coverage has gone elsewhere?).

I've already said up-thread that I'm a fan of Chris Harris' work. He can drive, he has some good connections in the automotive world who appreciate his driving and commentary (he's driven or co-driven other people's extremely expensive classic racers at Goodwood and elsewhere - that's not a gig that is earned lightly).

I had seen Rory Reid's video reviews popping up every now and then on Jalopnik and other car sites, but didn't know his name. I had a bit of a browse around at lunchtime, and am quite impressed with what I see. Humourous (how else to explain a review of the ROlls Royce Silver Ghost done as a rap battle?), silly at times (a series on Youtube channel FFF - the Fast, the Furious and the Fun - that seems to consist of finding excuses to drop old bangers from cranes), and some pretty solid reportage as well (an excellent review of the Fiat Panda's "high-end" offroad variant, mildly tongue-in-cheek but very well done).

I don't expect they'll all feature on every episode. If Evans anchors, the Stig does his thing, the others do the filmed packages (Schmitz, LeBlanc, Reid and Harris all have the advantage over Evans that they can talk and drive simultaneously), it could work really quite well.

I do hope they keep the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment, though. That would be enough of a nod to continuity with the previous incarnation, and it's a good ratings draw when somebody properly famous comes on.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:47 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they'd brought Quentin back, though I loved his articles in the back of the magazines more than on TV, which I barely watched.