NCA Exams

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

scheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud of
Default Re: NCA Exams

Friday's post has come and gone with no sign of any results. If I don't have anything by the end of next week I'll be ringing them to make sure they didn't send the results to my old address in England (sigh).

At least I've got a weekend of skiing to keep my mind off it!
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

scheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud of

Results came in the post today (dated 19 Nov!). Hope everybody gets what they were wishing for!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:06 am
Just Joined

toniwharton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Scheherazade,

Hope you passed the exams? Do you mind me asking which ones did you do and what was your method of studying?

I am taking the 4 core exams in January 2013 along with Corporate Law and I am starting to get panicy about time, or lack of! I am spending a lot of time in the library reading and taking notes and don't seem to be getting through the syllibi at all. I wondered if I am taking too many notes and should just be reading and understanding at this stage? What did you do? How thorough were your notes?

Anyone else who has done the exams who can give me any advice please do get in touch. I have to pass these exams, as mine was the main income before we emigrated to Toronto and I have two hungry children to feed!!!

Cheers
Toni
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toniwharton
Hi Scheherazade,

Hope you passed the exams? Do you mind me asking which ones did you do and what was your method of studying?

I am taking the 4 core exams in January 2013 along with Corporate Law and I am starting to get panicy about time, or lack of! I am spending a lot of time in the library reading and taking notes and don't seem to be getting through the syllibi at all. I wondered if I am taking too many notes and should just be reading and understanding at this stage? What did you do? How thorough were your notes?

Anyone else who has done the exams who can give me any advice please do get in touch. I have to pass these exams, as mine was the main income before we emigrated to Toronto and I have two hungry children to feed!!!

Cheers
Toni
Honestly, don't worry about the exams. I simply read the recommended texts and made notes about the main differences between the law I knew and the law in Canada. They are open book. I had sufficient time to read a complete chapter on an area of law to enable me to answer one question.

The standard to pass is not that high.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks almost canadian,

Its hard not to worry, but hopefully if I do as much as I can in what little time I have left I will be ok?!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

You'll be fine. You have plenty time in the exams. In the one of the last ones I did I managed to take completely the wrong book with me (it's a long story!).
I probably should have failed on that basis alone but somehow I still managed to pass the exam. Good luck!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

FirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by scheherazade
Results came in the post today (dated 19 Nov!). Hope everybody gets what they were wishing for!
Re: Time lag

I have it on good authority that one of the August exams was marked on 16th October. One wonders just what they did from the end August
Old Dec 28th 2012, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

ntran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 7506dan
does anyone have any notes on the 4 core subjects that they would kindly share. I have the foundations and criminal notes, but it's hard to find updated constitutional and administrative law notes. Also I was wondering if it would be okay to use the Craik 2006 edition for Foundation Law with updated notes
Hi I have the notes for the core topics and can send them over (they might be old but they helped me passed and I saw loads of other candidates using the same ones). Just let me know which one. Can you send over the criminal ones? I have two sets of notes but want to compare.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

ntran is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone received their results for the October Foundations of Law exam?

I came out of that one quite perplexed as I couldn't answer two questions and therefore lost 20% from the start. They pertained to two case laws that were not in any of the readings. Actually, one of the cases only came out earlier this year. I know it's our responsibility to know all of the current case laws but I was relieved to see other students going straight to their smartphones after the exams to look the cases up.

Right now, they haven't failed me yet, but I got a letter stating that results was "pending". Anyone else have any insight on this?
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

radelaide15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished the exams in October 2012. Had to write the four core exams.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 1st 2013 at 7:24 pm. Reason: Pls put it in site classifieds, thx.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ntran
Hi I have the notes for the core topics and can send them over (they might be old but they helped me passed and I saw loads of other candidates using the same ones). Just let me know which one. Can you send over the criminal ones? I have two sets of notes but want to compare.
Hi Ntran,

Any chance you wouldn't mind forwarding me the notes on the 4 core subjects? Panicking about exams only 2 weeks away!!!

Thanks
Toni
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:46 am
Just Joined

ExpatSun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ntran, I am writing the 4 core courses at the end of the month and would love to get the notes that you have. Is there any way that you could send them to me? I'm getting quite nervous now, and the lack of direction in my studies has me worried!
Thanks!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:49 am
Just Joined

ExpatSun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 7506dan
yeah no worries, pm me your e-mail
Hi there, would you mind forwarding to me as well? I am panicked now and can't seem to find these elusive notes anywhere!

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Has anyone received their results for the October Foundations of Law exam?

I came out of that one quite perplexed as I couldn't answer two questions and therefore lost 20% from the start. They pertained to two case laws that were not in any of the readings. Actually, one of the cases only came out earlier this year. I know it's our responsibility to know all of the current case laws but I was relieved to see other students going straight to their smartphones after the exams to look the cases up.

Right now, they haven't failed me yet, but I got a letter stating that results was "pending". Anyone else have any insight on this?

What were the cases you didn't know anything about? Ill be sure to read them in case they are on this terms exams too! Thanks for the hesds up!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ExpatSun
Hi Ntran, I am writing the 4 core courses at the end of the month and would love to get the notes that you have. Is there any way that you could send them to me? I'm getting quite nervous now, and the lack of direction in my studies has me worried!
Thanks!
Hi Expatsun,

I totally know how you are feeling. I have been trying to steal a couple of days a week away from my lil one to study for a few hours in the library. I have been reading hard core now every day since Wed last week, but I just still feel like there is soooo much more to do for each subject to get through the syllibi! Are you finding the same?

Toni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.