Movie Thread: TNG

Old Jan 28th 2017, 7:28 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movie Thread: TNG

Originally Posted by not2old

We now take our own popcorn (3 bags for $1) to the movies, one bag microwave popped before we leave, then put the topping on it when we get there. Why pay $8 or so.

'
Exactly - overpriced cinema food is terrible.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 7:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Still waiting for it to come out on Netflix *sigh
Several of these work
Watch The Girl on the Train (2016) Online Free - PrimeWire | 1Channel

Some better than others. Vidzi looks okay to play right now, but not every vidzi link works. I see three vidzi links. The first one didn't work and the second one did. Vidto as well.

Just ignore and close any unrelated pop-ups, included that bluff about locking your computer . Sometimes there's a bit of a delay, sometimes it needs a second or third click on the 'play' buttons. No signing up needed.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 8:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Several of these work
Watch The Girl on the Train (2016) Online Free - PrimeWire | 1Channel

Some better than others. Vidzi looks okay to play right now, but not every vidzi link works. I see three vidzi links. The first one didn't work and the second one did. Vidto as well.

Just ignore and close any unrelated pop-ups, included that bluff about locking your computer . Sometimes there's a bit of a delay, sometimes it needs a second or third click on the 'play' buttons. No signing up needed.
I had that last week - but the voiceover didn't stop even after closing the pop under and browser.. in the end, I had to reboot the computer to get it to stop!

Back on topic..

I watched
last week online, I felt like a bit of light entertainment.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 9:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I have a deluxe new (to me) laptop with superior audio and video and a set of pro headphones and the news has driven me to Dr. Strangelove.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The Girl on the Train
So a few reviewers on the Maple Leaf didn't like it and it was the same in The Lounge.

Tonight I started to watch it. I half had a review in my head about how I was determined to like it but then, like everyone else, thought it was rubbish.

Well I thought it was really good. After about 20-30 minutes I thought I'd probably split it in two and finish tomorrow night but half way through I thought sod it, I'll stick with it and it and it flew by.

I did a bit of googling to see potential differences to the book and there appear to be quite a few.

So if Beckiwoo is still interested, see it. get

Books are generally the better version of course.
I didn't like the book.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 10:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I have a deluxe new (to me) laptop with superior audio and video and a set of pro headphones and the news has driven me to Dr. Strangelove.
Classic

Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:09 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
I didn't like the book.
...but you liked the film??
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

...but you liked the film??
Haven't seen it. It takes a lot for me to put up with the popcorn munchers, seat kickers and additional annoying habits of 'other people', and on the film is never as good as the book principle I wasn't even remotely tempted.

I was tempted to add a further reason but am trying to avoid spoilers.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:11 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
It takes a lot for me to put up with the popcorn munchers, seat kickers and additional annoying habits of 'other people',
You must love being on airplanes then.

The only book I hated where I didn't even bother watching the film was 'the lovely bones' - massively overrated
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:21 am
Oscar nominated

The only book I hated where I didn't even bother watching the film was 'the lovely bones' - massively overrated
IMDB says there are great differences between book and movie.

I saw it a few years ago. Don't recall much other than I watched all of it.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

You must love being on airplanes then.

I false started on the lovely bones (the book) a few times, thought it was OK in the end, but wasn't tempted to see the film.

Although many hated it I loved the book of 'we need to talk about Kevin', which may say much about my essential crapness as a parent (none of mine have killed anyone so far as I'm aware). I still didn't bother with the film. Mostly I don't see the point when you know what's going to happen anyway.

Last edited by Teaandtoday5; Jan 30th 2017 at 1:44 am. Reason: I don't want to upset that guy who complains about me messing up the quotes
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:48 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
...the news has driven me to Dr. Strangelove.
Actually, I'm thinking General Custer as in Little Big Man.

Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:55 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I have just finished watching 'Manchester by the Sea', my prediction is that Casey Affleck will win the Academy Award for best actor.

I enjoyed it, easily a 8/10 from me.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 11:52 pm
Oscar nominated

I have a bit of a block when it comes to Australian movies. It's not only an accent thing, but also that so many of them seem rural and or in the past. And sometimes it comes across as in the past when it's not.

There are, of course, exceptions. The Killing of Angel Street. Muriel's Wedding (an all time great) and a few others with unmemorable titles. I found a new one tonight.

Imagine you're out and someone approaches you. You realise it's you. Then you realise they are telling you not to go to a particular place.

Quite disconcerting. Do you go?

Old Feb 9th 2017, 7:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched "Arrival" - what a strange film.. and it left you hanging somewhat at the end. I enjoyed it (well, I like sci-fi) but felt there was potential for a more satisfying ending..

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 9th 2017 at 7:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.