Movie Thread: TNG

Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:31 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movie Thread: TNG

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The Next Generation
(after the threads for previous years)
Cheers mate

- there were previous threads?
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:07 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
- there were previous threads?
At least two others. One I called everyone's gone to the movies and another was film night (whatever year)
Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:06 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

The Next Generation
(after the threads for previous years)
I have been wondering that too!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I have been wondering that too!
Posts 2 and 3 refer
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:51 am
Oscar nominated

Bon Cop Bad Cop 2

I had been looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint.

If you enjoyed the original you should enjoy this too.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 2:09 am
Oscar nominated

Patrick Huard from Bon Cop Bad Cop in Starbuck 2011
At 42, David lives the life of an irresponsible adolescent. He coasts through life with minimal effort and maintains a complicated relationship with Valerie, a young policewoman. Just as she tells him she's pregnant, David's past resurfaces. Twenty years earlier, he began providing sperm to a fertility clinic in exchange for money. He discovers he's the father of 533 children, 142 of whom have filed a class action lawsuit to determine the identity of their biological father, known only by the pseudonym Starbuck.
It had its moments. More touching than comedic.

I see it was remade as Fonzy (France French) and Delivery Man with Vince Vaughn both in 2013.

Last edited by BristolUK; Oct 13th 2017 at 2:34 am. Reason: other versions added
Old Oct 14th 2017, 6:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

HID has flown off to a conference some Godforsaken shithole, where "they're" going to theorize how to solve the world's problems. Anyway, in an effort to keep me out of the numerous bars, questionable clubs and slosh buckets this beautiful city has to offer, I thought I might order an Indian and watch some films. So can anyone recommend any good recent British films set in Britain with British actors lately? I have Netflix and the "internet" so I can probably find anything that's out there. Cheers.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 7:48 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Oink
HID has flown off to a conference some Godforsaken shithole, where "they're" going to theorize how to solve the world's problems.
OMG, you're Mr Merkel!!!
...can anyone recommend any good recent British films set in Britain with British actors lately?...
Depends what you're after.

One of those I reviewed fits the bill, if I can just find it.

Here you go Burn Burn Burn It's really not grim.

Eye In The Sky.

The two Exotic Marigold Hotel movies are full of Brits but they don't take place in the UK.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 8:59 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Movie Thread: TNG

OMG, you're Mr Merkel!!!

Depends what you're after.

One of those I reviewed fits the bill, if I can just find it.

Here you go Burn Burn Burn It's really not grim.

Eye In The Sky.

The two Exotic Marigold Hotel movies are full of Brits but they don't take place in the UK.
Thanks, the burn film looks okay. I'll try that.

I also acquired; My Name is Lenny, The Levelling, Churchill and if I'm still up, England is Mine (the Morrissey one) so that should be enough. Especially if I pop out for a swift half beforehand.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:57 am
Oscar nominated

Once in a while a movie comes along that blows you away. And you wonder "how did I not hear of that before?" Why did it not win a bunch of awards or, at least, some nominations?

My Old Lady
takes place in glorious Paris, but 'ordinary' Paris. I don't recall a single view of the Eiffel Tower. Or Sacré-Coeur.
The plot revolves around an American who inherits an apartment previously sold "en viager" - a purchaser with a lump sum (‘bouquet’) buys a house from an elderly person. For as long as the vendor lives, the purchaser pays them a monthly sum, or annuity, as instalments. The new owner continues to pay this ‘rente viagère’ until the vendor’s death.

Maggie Smith is wonderful as ever and Kevin Kline...well I never knew he had it in him. Kristin Scott Thomas made up a terrific threesome.

There are still some movies that excel over TV

On Netflix by the way.

Last edited by BristolUK; Oct 15th 2017 at 1:01 am. Reason: Netflix
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:26 am

Once in a while a movie comes along that blows you away. And you wonder "how did I not hear of that before?" Why did it not win a bunch of awards or, at least, some nominations?

My Old Lady
takes place in glorious Paris, but 'ordinary' Paris. I don't recall a single view of the Eiffel Tower. Or Sacré-Coeur.
The plot revolves around an American who inherits an apartment previously sold "en viager" - a purchaser with a lump sum (‘bouquet’) buys a house from an elderly person. For as long as the vendor lives, the purchaser pays them a monthly sum, or annuity, as instalments. The new owner continues to pay this ‘rente viagère’ until the vendor’s death.

Maggie Smith is wonderful as ever and Kevin Kline...well I never knew he had it in him. Kristin Scott Thomas made up a terrific threesome.

There are still some movies that excel over TV

On Netflix by the way.

HID watched it quite a long time ago and the bits I saw didn't do anything for me.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:40 am
Oscar nominated

HID watched it quite a long time ago and the bits I saw didn't do anything for me.
There aren't many movies that do work in bits, although Kentucky Fried Movie is one.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:53 am

There aren't many movies that do work in bits, although Kentucky Fried Movie is one.
It seemed like there was two people I couldn't give naff about arguing over a place that didn't seem worth arguing about.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:58 am
Oscar nominated

It seemed like there was two people I couldn't give naff about arguing over a place that didn't seem worth arguing about.
KK was brassic and the place was worth €12m but because of the sitting tenant it was "only" attracting a buyer for €9m.

You must live in a palace with a marina full of boats.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 6:53 am

Can’t anyone write a film without boring the naff out of everybody?

When does the new Paddinton film come out? It’s got to be better than this . . .

Last edited by Oink; Oct 15th 2017 at 7:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.