Monday's Child

Old Nov 22nd 2017, 10:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monday's Child

According to the old poem..

Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

(The innocence of the word 'gay' in the past... I still remember when it meant 'happy')

I was born on a Tuesday, I'm not particularly graceful but I do have a tendency to act with 'courteous good will'

What day of the week were you born and do you have the attributes that the poem has given for your day?
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 10:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday's Child

Apparently I'm a Sunday kid.

Happy, laid back...that's me. Oh yes. Good too. The white sheep of the family.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also a Sunday child

I think I'm laid back and good
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

So weird, I was just thinking about this today! I googled dates to be sure, and it turns out I was wrong about the day my oldest son was born so both sons born on a Wednesday, but are not particularly woeful, although number 2 is a tad serious. Daughter is a complete Sunday's child, even got the character award at her grade 8 graduation, and is a perfect Canadian camp counsellor type. She does not get this from me, or her father. I am a completely graceless Tuesday's child.

Last edited by Teaandtoday5; Nov 22nd 2017 at 11:28 pm. Reason: 'Leave me out of the internet'
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Now you made me look at my daughter .............. born on a Sunday, and yes the epitome of Sunday's child

OH was born on a Thursday, and certainly has gone a long way, in his career and distances travelled
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Apparently I'm a Sunday kid.

Happy, laid back...that's me. Oh yes. Good too. The white sheep of the family.
Of course.. and 'bonnie' too no doubt!

Originally Posted by scilly
I'm also a Sunday child

I think I'm laid back and good
You and Bristol are twins!

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
So weird, I was just thinking about this today! I googled dates to be sure, and it turns out I was wrong about the day my oldest son was born so both sons born on a Wednesday, but are not particularly woeful, although number 2 is a tad serious. Daughter is a complete Sunday's child, even got the character award at her grade 8 graduation, and is a perfect Canadian camp counsellor type. She does not get this from me, or her father. I am a completely graceless Tuesday's child.
Strange how we had the same thought - and another Sunday child!

You and I are both Tuesday's child

Originally Posted by scilly
Now you made me look at my daughter .............. born on a Sunday, and yes the epitome of Sunday's child

OH was born on a Thursday, and certainly has gone a long way, in his career and distances travelled
Another Sunday.. it seems a popular day

My son was born on a Monday and he's very fair of face (but he's also travelled extensively and works hard for a living...)

It's interesting to see how people's characters have aligned with the days they were born, in a lot of cases.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Siouxie

I was born on a Tuesday
Me too. Not sure about grace unless it means in manners rather than poise.

I'll have a bit of Monday, Friday, Sat and Sunday if there is any spare.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:10 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Monday
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I'm a Monday
Do we need a photo to go with that? Or will you pronounce judgement on yourself? (Obviously I am completely convinced you live up to to rhyme's prediction )
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:20 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Do we need a photo to go with that? Or will you pronounce judgement on yourself? (Obviously I am completely convinced you live up to to rhyme's prediction )
Well if fair means pale then yes, otherwise I'm fat so no am not fair.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 2:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Friday's child. That description of me is eerily accurate. Loving and giving are the 2 words used most often to describe me!

My daughter is a Friday's child as well and in all seriousness she is loving and giving. She's very generous and a kind soul.

My son was a Wednesday's child, and again, very accurate. He had a good heart but trouble always seemed to find him.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 2:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Me, my husband and my youngest are Tuesday's children. Not sure whether we're full of grace or not but we do all have the same type of personality which is different to my eldest who is a Sunday and that's probably about right. Weirdly (in my head anyway) she was born on a Sunday in a year when both my and my husband's birthdays were on a Sunday.

About as much relevance as astrology imo.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:14 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
According to the old poem..

Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

(The innocence of the word 'gay' in the past... I still remember when it meant 'happy')

I was born on a Tuesday, I'm not particularly graceful but I do have a tendency to act with 'courteous good will'

What day of the week were you born and do you have the attributes that the poem has given for your day?
As as social scientist this is really good data. Thanks, this has made my work so much easier.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 10:43 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Full of woe. Hmm, if one could equate that to being a cynical, pessimistic sod then that would indeed be accurate.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Sunday child as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.