Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is it me or are Canadians.....

Is it me or are Canadians.....

Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it me or are Canadians.....

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
That is very close to my idea of hell! Trapped in a chain of boxes with people fresh out of a Patons knitting pattern book! I bet they even golf! I mean, look at them, they're admiring slabs of beef instead of the superimposed view!

LOL at the knitting pattern book

I'd love to do the train trip though (so long as that 'view' isn't pictures stuck to the inside of the windows!)
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:53 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
On the Toronto to Edmonton Via Rail trip, I met lots of interesting people... from Denmark, Sweden, the US of A, and New Zealand. You should try it HWP... just don't forget a "block heater" to keep your beaver nice and warm.
I've done the trip from T.O. to Vancouver and yes I liked it ... but that was 20 years ago when it wasn't so touristy. Hitching was faaaaaaar more interesting and memorable though.

My beaver doesn't need any help staying nice and warm... in fact, in this heat I've positioned my fan accordingly.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:54 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Calgal
I'd love to do the train trip though (so long as that 'view' isn't pictures stuck to the inside of the windows!)
That's what you get on the "economy" trip. They just stick pics to the windows and shake the train around with hydraulics.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jul 30th 2006 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

That what you get on the "economy" trip. They just stick pics to the windows and shake the train around with hydraulics.
Ha! Thought so (may as well fly then, at least I'll actually GET to Vancover )
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:59 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Ha! Thought so (may as well fly then, at least I'll actually GET to Vancover )
They include all the views of Vancouver that you could ever hope for in a slide show.

Then there are the gourmet TV dinners.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:21 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Then you should take a look at the Royal Canadian Rockies Experience tour.

Check out the rates.

...and the Itinerary, only goes as far as Golden then down to Cranbrook back into Alberta to Lethbridge up to Okotoks then return Calgary.

The Royal Culinary, Wine & Music Experience sounds good and it's a tad cheaper too.

The Itinerary for that one.

All brought to you by the good people at Royal Canadian Pacific.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:58 am
mañana is my busiest day

Oh.... so we can take a train out of Calgary after all.... we have a convert.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 1:37 am

Oh.... so we can take a train out of Calgary after all.... we have a convert.
Not really, it's sort of like the Hotel California you can check out but you can never leave.

If you read closely, all of the trains on that site end up back in Calgary.

Not exactly "regularly" scheduled rail service.

You can go to Vancouver on the "Rocky Mountaineer" but once again it's aimed at the tourist crowd.

It is not what I would class as "regularly" scheduled rail service, and that was the point of the original discussion.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 1:48 am
mañana is my busiest day

I was referring to this:

Although tourist oriented, there is train service from Calgary to Vancouver. Clearly, from your posts on this thread, that's something you didn't know about.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 1:52 am

I was referring to this:

Although tourist oriented, there is train service from Calgary to Vancouver. Clearly, from your posts on this thread, that's something you didn't know about.
Clearly from your comments you don't have a clue.

As I said in the post above REGULARLY SCHEDULED rail service.

GOT IT?????

Congratulations you just became the first person I've used the ignore feature on.

Last edited by Hangman; Jul 31st 2006 at 1:56 am.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 1:55 am
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by Hangman
Clearly from your comments you don't have a clue.

As I said in the post above REGULARLY SCHEDULED rail service.

GOT IT?????
Yeah right.... whatever you say.

Congratulations you just became the first person I've used the ignore feature on.
Why can't you just stand up like a man.... and admit that you were wrong?

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jul 31st 2006 at 2:01 am.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:01 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

"I'll be back".
Please dont bother to rush on our account.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:04 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't you just stand up like a man.... and admit that you were wrong?
You talking to yourself again?????
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:07 am
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Please dont bother to rush on our account.

^^^ Afraid you might learn some fact regarding Canada that contradicts what you believe?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:08 am
Banned

^^^ Afraid you might learn some fact regarding Canada that contradicts what you believe?
We heard you first time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.