me

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 10:27 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: me

Originally Posted by Souvy
The respect certainly goes both ways.

I just ignore the verbals. It's quite annoying, apparently, that I don't rise to the bait.
Why ignore it. Just explain its not necessary. Sometimes people aren't even aware of the habits they form.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 6:41 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, this thread has become a little too serious for me. Started as a joke between me and the wife but has prompted comments that weren't expected.

I think I really am stupid.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 9:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Oh dear, this thread has become a little too serious for me. Started as a joke between me and the wife but has prompted comments that weren't expected.
I am so glad you clarified that! I took your OP as being humorous, then saw some of the replies which confused me - I was going to ask the question but didn't want to look stupid!
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 10:33 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j

I think I really am stupid.
No, you're not stupid I only weighed in to respond to a specific comment, not in a bolshie or lecturing way, but just because it's impossible for me to pass up the opportunity to dispel some of the myths around abuse between partners.

Keep up the good work, BE needs 'light hearted'
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 4:48 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Why ignore it. Just explain its not necessary. Sometimes people aren't even aware of the habits they form.
She's aware of it alright. She has mood swings and she takes it out on me when she's got a strop-on. I find the simplest thing to do is nothing.

Not sure if I'm damping the fire or fanning it.

I'm the opposite. I never to to either end of the nice/nasty spectrum.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 4:51 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

She's aware of it alright. She has mood swings and she takes it out on me when she's got a strop-on. I find the simplest thing to do is nothing.

Not sure if I'm damping the fire or fanning it.

I'm the opposite. I never to to either end of the nice/nasty spectrum.
Hmm, difficult one. You could ask that (when not in a mood swing). Better than guessing. Maybe it's nothing.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 12:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

My ex-wife was more into physical assault.
That's really problematic. One is conditioned not to hit women, it's just not what we do. As well, in Canada, doing so is going to result in a criminal prosecution regardless of the circumstances. If the woman is a reasonably adept fighter, it's very difficult to dodge and weave so as to avoid any contact. There are only so many times people at work will believe you banged your head on the tractor bucket.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 12:16 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

The response

Old Feb 25th 2018, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

dave - I thought you were serious oops
Old Feb 25th 2018, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I have memories (& a scar), from over 30 years ago, of "terrible Tuesday" followed by "worse Wednesday" (her terms) that came round every 4 weeks!