Lunchtime Choices

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 7:09 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

I said "better" not healthier Anyway in all your food posts I think 99% of them have made me wish I was eating that too.

Turkish stuffed cabbage leaves for me tonight, bought from a deli I'm afraid, not homemade by me.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 7:48 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I got for lunch again. I think the wording HID used was. "At Christmas, if you're going to act like a naffing out-of-control adolescent that's just left home, you better go on a diet and exercise programme for the next couple of months."

Edited to note: The explanation of why the smoothie seems lumpy, HID has some theory about the health benefits of chewing your smoothie. She'll be adding crystals and magnets in them next.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-img_0617.jpg  

Last edited by Oink; Oct 24th 2017 at 8:02 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 9:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I took the leftover chicken and rice and greens from last night to work and microwaved it and had it with the increasingly usual kimchi, (co-worker and I both like it so we're keeping a good stash in the office fridge). If I'd known the terrible shite Oink is being forced to endure I would have sourced sausage rolls to torment him with.. that's the German bit coming out. While I'm trying to think of what to have for supper some Christmas cake and butter and a few drinks will tide me over.

Oink, start making kimchi and sell her on you can have whatever you want so long as you eat a little dish of good kimchi every day*. It's trending. No idea how it goes with salmon but I'd risk it. Tell her it's like engine de-greaser for your guts.
*with rice or soup or stew, somehow, nothing wrong with a day or 2 off from it either

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 24th 2017 at 10:16 pm. Reason: if you didn't care how it came out you could say you'd microwaived it
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:23 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I took the leftover chicken and rice and greens from last night to work and microwaved it and had it with the increasingly usual kimchi, (co-worker and I both like it so we're keeping a good stash in the office fridge). If I'd known the terrible shite Oink is being forced to endure I would have sourced sausage rolls to torment him with.. that's the German bit coming out. While I'm trying to think of what to have for supper some Christmas cake and butter and a few drinks will tide me over.

Oink, start making kimchi and sell her on you can have whatever you want so long as you eat a little dish of good kimchi every day*. It's trending. No idea how it goes with salmon but I'd risk it. Tell her it's like engine de-greaser for your guts.
*with rice or soup or stew, somehow, nothing wrong with a day or 2 off from it either

I fear it has too much sodium to pass inspection.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:11 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I fear it has too much sodium to pass inspection.
You'll be the healthiest man in the cemetery...
Old Oct 25th 2017, 1:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
You'll be the healthiest man in the cemetery...
I don't think it's going to be a problem from one little dish per day, it's a condiment more than a main course. Had blood work done exactly one week ago this very minute, and if my sodium was high my Dr's office would have phoned me. I'm about to prepare my lunch to take to work.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:43 pm

Today's lunch. A word of caution, don't get any on your tie.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-img_0647.jpg  

Last edited by Oink; Oct 25th 2017 at 7:46 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:13 pm
Lowering the tone

Is HID trying to pimp you out on this holiday?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Is HID trying to pimp you out on this holiday?
Somehow doubt it. She wouldn't get much.

I think she found out about some of the Christmas lunchtime reservations I've already made.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Ghostbusters! I had rice, spiced cod, romaine lettuce and kimchi.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:32 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Sputum pot?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker
Ghostbusters! I had rice, spiced cod, romaine lettuce and kimchi.
That sounds very nice and sane.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Sputum pot?
Do you treat many bubonic plague victims?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like green paint we used at infants school.

You must be feeling a bit like that colour right now. Dear oh dear. 2-0 up as well.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That looks like green paint we used at infants school.
It looks like mint jelly to me. Oink, is it minty? It isn't sputum pot, infectious viral phlegm is a lighter green.
Edit, looks nothing like mint jelly, couldn't open the pic at first. Looks like..... nope, no idea.

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 25th 2017 at 9:09 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.