Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / The Maple Leaf

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:06 am   #46
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Elk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwilass View Post
leftovers.

Greenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:10 am   #47
Shacked up in the Wack

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhill View Post
Elk?
or chocolate moose?
Application submitted 7.9.10 LMO 14/7/10, TWP at POE 22/8/10, PER 24/1/11, IN PROCESS 26/7/11 UPDATED docs req 27/7/11, Docs at VO 6/9/11, MED request 28/11/11, meds done 29/11/11 Passport request 21.12.11. COPR received 2/2/12 "landed" PR 5/2/12
helcat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:18 am   #48
Oink Male
Premium Member

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helcat12 View Post
Can't beat home cooking Mind you, I can't afford to eat out, so no choice but to get good at it. Today mine was Yorkshire Blue, I think. I like it quite ripe, so it is sometimes hard to tell what it started out as by the time I deem it ready for use
Dolcelatte is my favourite, especially in pasta with garlic, spinach and mushrooms.
I might have that tomorrow!
I'm with you there. I only eat out for things I can't really make well at home. Even on car trips I take along a nice packed lunch. I found this website very useful for lunch ideas.

Lunch Ideas
Oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:36 am   #49
Shacked up in the Wack

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oink View Post
I'm with you there. I only eat out for things I can't really make well at home. Even on car trips I take along a nice packed lunch. I found this website very useful for lunch ideas.

Lunch Ideas
My 'Legend in my own lunchtime' claim to fame is that once an Official at Donington 'Monsters of Rock' Festival checking the stuff we were taking into the arena said mine was the best picnic he had ever seen
I take that as an excellent recommendation - Rock fans really appreciate a good picnic
Application submitted 7.9.10 LMO 14/7/10, TWP at POE 22/8/10, PER 24/1/11, IN PROCESS 26/7/11 UPDATED docs req 27/7/11, Docs at VO 6/9/11, MED request 28/11/11, meds done 29/11/11 Passport request 21.12.11. COPR received 2/2/12 "landed" PR 5/2/12
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:34 pm   #50
John_B Male
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
My 'Legend in my own lunchtime' claim to fame is that once an Official at Donington 'Monsters of Rock' Festival checking the stuff we were taking into the arena said mine was the best picnic he had ever seen
I take that as an excellent recommendation - Rock fans really appreciate a good picnic
There's nothing more rock and roll than a nice picnic. Rock on!!!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:39 pm   #51
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
or chocolate moose?
Some kind of pasta thingy and a japanese-inspired sauce thingy the OH made. With chopped up green things and meat.
ExKiwilass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 6:55 pm   #52
Shacked up in the Wack

Nothing - again! I really must try harder.
The day seems to rush by and lunch just doesn't happen. (Mind you, breakfast isn't happening really, either.)
Tomorrow I will.
Definitely.
I promise.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:06 pm   #53
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday my day was made.

They put the Mac and Cheese back into the self-serve section at the IKEA in Richmond, so you can pile up a MASSIVE bowl of the stuff for $1.99

I'm contemplating taking advantage of that again today...
CanadaJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:12 pm   #54
Shacked up in the Wack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy View Post
Yesterday my day was made.

They put the Mac and Cheese back into the self-serve section at the IKEA in Richmond, so you can pile up a MASSIVE bowl of the stuff for $1.99

I'm contemplating taking advantage of that again today...
What is 'the Mac and cheese' that rates so highly?
I love cheese, so anything with cheese in it is usually OK with me, but the 'Mac' bit is a worry!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:31 pm   #55
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Macaroni and Cheese.

It's very popular in Canada so I'm surprised you haven't heard it called Mac and Cheese before. There's also a popular product known as "Kraft Dinner" which includes the macaroni and cheese powder. I can't stand it personally but it's quick and easy I guess compared to making a cheese sauce.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:26 pm   #56
Shacked up in the Wack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy View Post
Macaroni and Cheese.

It's very popular in Canada so I'm surprised you haven't heard it called Mac and Cheese before. There's also a popular product known as "Kraft Dinner" which includes the macaroni and cheese powder. I can't stand it personally but it's quick and easy I guess compared to making a cheese sauce.
I'm not in Canada yet, unfortunately - just OH!
Macaroni cheese - MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
LOve that!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:02 pm   #57
Oink Male
Premium Member

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Today I had baked beans on toast for lunch. Proper English Heinz ones, not that Canadian muck with 10 pounds of sugar and half a pigs head floating around in it. That stuff is just vile.
Oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:03 pm   #58
Premium Member

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I had liver and onions - now I need a nap.
Alan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:25 pm   #59
Not that sort of tuppence

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of slices of Tofurkey in a wholewheat roll. Then I was still hungry so I had a Skor bar. That's what I call a 'balanced diet'
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:00 pm   #60
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oink View Post
Today I had baked beans on toast for lunch. Proper English Heinz ones, not that Canadian muck with 10 pounds of sugar and half a pigs head floating around in it. That stuff is just vile.
Hahaha. I've gotten used to the sugary beans, my tastebuds have adapted. I had the Lidl Baked Beans when I was in Spain one time and those were very sweet too.

What bread did you have it on?

@helcat12:

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada / The Maple Leaf