Lunchtime Choices

Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:40 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

I had pumpkin bread form starbucks .. .
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:06 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I had pumpkin bread form starbucks .. .
I had a delicious turkey curry, made with the leftovers of Thanksgiving turkey, with onions, tomatoes and flavoured with garlic and ginger, with fenugreek, cumin, coriander, fennel and mustard seeds, some curry leaves, dried chili peppers, cardamom pods, and a garam masala that I can't remember what I blended to make. And some spiced rice. Mmmmmm.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I had a delicious turkey curry, made with the leftovers of Thanksgiving turkey, with onions, tomatoes and flavoured with garlic and ginger, with fenugreek, cumin, coriander, fennel and mustard seeds, some curry leaves, dried chili peppers, cardamom pods, and a garam masala that I can't remember what I blended to make. And some spiced rice. Mmmmmm.
Wow now THAT is a lunch
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:15 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ducktastic
Wow now THAT is a lunch
it's still leftovers, but at least I didn't buy the week-old turkey ready-left-over...
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

it's still leftovers, but at least I didn't buy the week-old turkey ready-left-over...
Your own cooked left overs can be the kings lunch. Cold roast chicken sandwiches, cold roast beef with fat chips and pickled onions, chilli, curry, sausages (which you have to eat whilst standing at the fridge)

...legged it to get a snack
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:30 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The last of the romantics.
Yep I too was thinking Mrs 2005 is one lucky woman
I had a shave yesterday, so yes.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:37 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Leftovers? More food prepared than could be consumed? Bloody hell, such overt affluence.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Leftovers? More food prepared than could be consumed? Bloody hell, such overt affluence.
...or clever frugality..spreading one meal over two days eh?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

There's a reason they're called leftovers.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 10:13 pm

...or clever frugality..spreading one meal over two days eh?
Well, not really. If you have enough food for two days then you have enough food for two days regardless of when it was cooked. It was the notion of cooking more than was necessary to stay alive for a dinner and then having the remainder as a lunch, that's what made me think of Richard Branson or the Queen or Mick Jagger, you know, rich people.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:21 am
Magnificently Withering

Well, not really. If you have enough food for two days then you have enough food for two days regardless of when it was cooked. It was the notion of cooking more than was necessary to stay alive for a dinner and then having the remainder as a lunch, that's what made me think of Richard Branson or the Queen or Mick Jagger, you know, rich people.
no, frugality it was (needs must, as a zero-income household...) that led to the acquisition of a larger-than required turkey, knowing that it's cheaper per pound over 15lb, and that it would do Thanksgiving lunch on the Sunday, sandwiches for Monday and Tuesday, half a dozen lunches' worth of curry to go in teh freezer, stock for three lots of soup (butternut squash and apple; leek & potato; pumpkin) and not an ounce wasted. If that's overt affluence I must be richer than I thought
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:28 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Happens all the time when you only have enough $ to put the oven on once. Cook it all then eat it later. You obviously aren't poor enough to understand.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:47 am

no, frugality it was (needs must, as a zero-income household...) that led to the acquisition of a larger-than required turkey, knowing that it's cheaper per pound over 15lb, and that it would do Thanksgiving lunch on the Sunday, sandwiches for Monday and Tuesday, half a dozen lunches' worth of curry to go in teh freezer, stock for three lots of soup (butternut squash and apple; leek & potato; pumpkin) and not an ounce wasted. If that's overt affluence I must be richer than I thought
You've done me proud.

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Happens all the time when you only have enough $ to put the oven on once. Cook it all then eat it later. You obviously aren't poor enough to understand.
You, on the other hand, are a troublemaker! Novo says so. An oven indeed. Electrical appliances, whatever next!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

You've done me proud.

You, on the other hand, are a troublemaker! Novo says so. An oven indeed. Electrical appliances, whatever next!
Electrical? hah, I laugh at your presumption.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Today I had chicken fajita wrap, curly fries and a packet of peanut M&M's....bad day for nutrition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.