LHR to LGW

Old Oct 26th 2017, 10:23 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default LHR to LGW

Hi all,

If our flight arrives in LHR at noon and I book a flight out of LGW same day for 6:30pm will I have enough time to do the transfers without too much stress?

Thinking it may be too much travelling in one lump and may be better of with a night in the old smoke and getting a flight out in the morning instead.

Kind of wishing my niece was getting married in Lake Louise rather than the South of France lol

Cheers
Old Oct 26th 2017, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LHR to LGW

It could be done if everything runs smoothly. There are coaches and trains between the two airports.

Stress ? Probably. Personally I'd do the stop over.

Alternatively why not go to South of France from Heathrow? Much easier - British Airways has loads of flights going to Nice etc.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 10:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Should be enough time providing you're not delayed on arrival. National Express runs a shuttle service.

Heathrow & Gatwick Airport Transfers from £12 | National Express
Old Oct 26th 2017, 10:51 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
It could be done if everything runs smoothly. There are coaches and trains between the two airports.

Stress ? Probably. Personally I'd do the stop over.

Alternatively why not go to South of France from Heathrow? Much easier - British Airways has loads of flights going to Nice etc.
Flying direct was coming in a $1400 return whereas flying from RED DEER so no 1.5hr drive to the airport to LHR was just over $600. I could also pay over 400 pounds to fly from Heathrow compared to just over 200 from Gatwick, had I realised that LGW was a lot easier to fly from I would have maybe not booked Air Canada.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 10:57 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked into getting the train from St Pancras to the south of France?
Old Oct 26th 2017, 11:22 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

You could also book a cab which would probably be around £80? More expensive but less hassel...
Old Oct 26th 2017, 11:23 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Flying direct was coming in a $1400 return whereas flying from RED DEER so no 1.5hr drive to the airport to LHR was just over $600. I could also pay over 400 pounds to fly from Heathrow compared to just over 200 from Gatwick, had I realised that LGW was a lot easier to fly from I would have maybe not booked Air Canada.
It'll probably cost you nearly £200 for transfers, overnight accommodation, meals, taxis etc., anyway - so perhaps it would be easier to just pay for the flight from Heathrow?

Regardless, I think I would have an overnight if getting a flight from Heathrow isn't an option.

Where are you having to fly to? Have a look at Brussels Airline, their flights start at £77 to Nice from Heathrow.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 26th 2017 at 11:33 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 11:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Faced with a similarly located wedding recently, I found the cheap and practical arrangement was to fly Air Transat to LGW, stay in the airport (in the Bloc hotel), for a few hours and then take EasyJet onward to my Mistral Air connection. I've done the LHR to LGW connection by tube and train and wouldn't eagerly do so again.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 3:34 am

Already booked the cheap flights to Lhr, thinking I'd easily find onwards travel, we are flying to Toulouse, Nice is too much of drive, the only direct I can find is BA from LHR and the flight times are either too close to our arrival or to far.

So the plan is to book a hotel in London, by the relevant train station (Victoria), spend a night and catch an early flight out, staying in the Toulouse area fo 4/5 days, back to UK, got to seaside for a few days and finish with 2 night in London, this will be our 1st trip back where we don't spend all our time with rellies, we are not even telling the non wedding people we are going. Wasn't intending on going to Europe, Cuba is on hold for another year!

Thanks everyone for clarifying,
Old Oct 27th 2017, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

If taking an early flight out of Gatwick, make sure you can find an early enough train to still give you plenty of time. Not sure if the Gatwick Express out of London runs all night or what time it starts in the morning.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Ryanair fly from Stansted to toulouse. Stay in London overnight then get the Stansted Express train direct to the airport.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 4:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
Ryanair fly from Stansted to toulouse. Stay in London overnight then get the Stansted Express train direct to the airport.
I just checked on lastminute.com for flights from Stansted to Touolouse - wow! £35 return, with direct flights on Ryan Air.

That's a bargain!

Old Oct 27th 2017, 8:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

90 minutes by coach direct between the two.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I just checked on lastminute.com for flights from Stansted to Touolouse - wow! £35 return, with direct flights on Ryan Air.

That's a bargain!

That's probably Ryanair trying to get customers back Stanstead is a bit of an odd one for other bits we want to do as is Luton.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 5:24 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Take the train

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.