Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Just don't come and ask me for it..

Just don't come and ask me for it..

Old Feb 3rd 2016, 11:36 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just don't come and ask me for it..

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Not sure what you mean by that- Long term users generally have a tendency to become non functional
Did you ever read this article by Sue Arnold? Sue used to campaign for legalization of cannabis after finding that skunk gave her her eyesight back but after her son had a psychotic episode she changed her mind

http://gu.com/p/jedj?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Old Feb 4th 2016, 12:51 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
That's for sure. They’re all the naffing same. Same boring and hackneyed positions. Make it legal so they will shut up about, just have really heavy penalties if they’re caught driving under the influence plus ban those horrible cannabis neon signs that are now blighting Vancouver, as if the city needs anymore blighting.
Yeah. No question, it should be legal. As annoying as it is, being an insufferable twat shouldn't make you a criminal.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 12:53 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the DUI heavy penalties/bans
Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:16 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the DUI heavy penalties/bans
There's a story on the difficulties in having a consistent empirical measure of intoxication, tonight on The National (CBC).
Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:19 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
There's a story on the difficulties in having a consistent empirical measure of intoxication, tonight on The National (CBC).
Yeah I could see that, as with other drugs is tricky- get them to some tricky hipster tasks -if confused then book em- and lifetime ban
Old Feb 4th 2016, 2:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you mean by that- Long term users generally have a tendency to become non functional
Like how some alcoholics can function at times enough to get through life at a blood alcohol level that would knock most of us out, wondering if long term users build a tolerance to the stuff.

Like how some on legal medications people can build a tolerance to where the drug no longer works well for the desired result after a long period of use.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 2:32 am
I need a walk

DUI is above a certain alcohol blood level, tolerance obviously isn't accounted for-re drugs, drug blood screening is sometimes done in ER if people pitch in after an MVA though probably not enough- this is for recreational and prescription drugs which could impair driving ability.
Yes tolerance to drugs builds up, as you say like alcohol- it is still wrong to drive under the influence- judgement is impaired however much these idiots feel that they are in control
Old Feb 5th 2016, 4:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I use it with a vaporizer to control chronic pain now with good results, though I smoked it recreationally for over 40 years. I know far too many professionals (including a doctor or two) and successfull buisness-people who use it regularly to believe that long-term users mostly become "non-functioning". I just received an award at work for 35 years of service and I'm still working after 6 surgeries in 5 years, and using half the dosage of synthetic morphine I'd need otherwise (using the appropriate strain is important). A standard roadside test for impairment like they had before breathalizers makes sense, since like alcohol, it doesn't have the same effect on everyone. With marijuana being so powerful now and the popularity of edibles the possibility of someone having a psychotic episode because of it is far more likely than in the past so it shouldn't be available to minors, like alcohol. The wikipedia page on long-term effects of marijuana is certain to get bigger and bigger, and there will no doubt be some negative long-term effects found which are 100% attributable to marijuana use, and then they will be added and publicised.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 9:05 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

There's quite a profit to be made in medical marijuana

How Rob Kamermans made $500K as Canada's top medical marijuana doctor — until police came knocking | National Post
Old Feb 6th 2016, 1:23 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by bats
Hmm- my "colleagues" have been known to charge $250 to approve forms for anyone wanting To pay the cash the certificates/licenses not interested in medical history, medications, drug history, just the cash- they deserve their come-uppance IMO
Old Feb 7th 2016, 5:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm- my "colleagues" have been known to charge $250 to approve forms for anyone wanting To pay the cash the certificates/licenses not interested in medical history, medications, drug history, just the cash- they deserve their come-uppance IMO
$250 seems like a lot, add usurious to the charge of unethical.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 5:41 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by caretaker
$250 seems like a lot, add usurious to the charge of unethical.
Yes, I agree absolutely- they are on very shaky ground but seem to get away with it somehow
Old Feb 9th 2016, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you want about weed in general, but I would pay good money for any drug that worked and was not (too) harmful to me that would swap out period pains for a slightly buzzed tingling feeling in my ovaries.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If we made it compulsory maybe those annoying pro-cannabis people would shut up.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 12:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
...I would pay good money for any drug that worked and was not (too) harmful to me that would swap out period pains for a slightly buzzed tingling feeling in my ovaries.
Your luck's in. I was tinkering with my chemistry set last night and...