Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Isagenix - helpful or scam?

Isagenix - helpful or scam?

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 11:00 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Isagenix - helpful or scam?

I sort of never minded some of the parties....if they were fun and we were flush!

I am really starting to make my body fight back against Canada! I joined Good Life last year and it was going to hell in a handcart...then I enrolled my husband....and now my son and his mates have joined for free for the summer. As a family we are getting far more from it than I did as an individual (my work pays for my membership).

Has anyone on here done Herbal Life? I seem to work with somebody who is doing the full gamut from one aspect to another, from Weight Watchers to Simply for Life.

Weight was never an issue in my life, other than the odd few pounds, but is now that I have come to Canada...I'm a woman past her first flush...too young to think or ever want to retire - physically or mentally - but old enough to now be running tag teams or basketball tournaments....?
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 11:20 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I sort of never minded some of the parties....if they were fun and we were flush!

I am really starting to make my body fight back against Canada! I joined Good Life last year and it was going to hell in a handcart...then I enrolled my husband....and now my son and his mates have joined for free for the summer. As a family we are getting far more from it than I did as an individual (my work pays for my membership).

Has anyone on here done Herbal Life? I seem to work with somebody who is doing the full gamut from one aspect to another, from Weight Watchers to Simply for Life.

Weight was never an issue in my life, other than the odd few pounds, but is now that I have come to Canada...I'm a woman past her first flush...too young to think or ever want to retire - physically or mentally - but old enough to now be running tag teams or basketball tournaments....?
Herbal life is basically the same as isagenix etc.

Have you done any of the classes at GL?
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 1:21 am
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Herbal life is basically the same as isagenix etc.

Have you done any of the classes at GL?
Yes, quite a lot, they are great...love the body pump and step, but now my husband and son are doing it with me...I think I will find less excuses 'not' to go!
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 2:52 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, quite a lot, they are great...love the body pump and step, but now my husband and son are doing it with me...I think I will find less excuses 'not' to go!
Excellent ! I teach Pump, Combat, CX and NewBody
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Getting others to go is a great way to stay focused, you're accountable to other people. I do yoga with my mom and my husband, and my husband and I are trying to take up activities that require both of us, like tennis.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 12:45 am
BE user by choice

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Getting others to go is a great way to stay focused, you're accountable to other people. I do yoga with my mom and my husband, and my husband and I are trying to take up activities that require both of us, like tennis.
I think this is very true...since me and my husband have been doing it together we have sort of opted out of the reason for one or the other of us not to go! We especially go together at the weekend

Now for July and August Good Life is free for kids from 12 -17 so I have a few of them that I am picking up and sticking down with my son. It's a great idea, as we have to get kids moving....here especially, NB has the highest obesity problem in Canada.

NO...I don't have shares in GL, but...anything that can help some of us inclimatically unfriendly NB to stay healthy gets my vote.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 4:42 am
half a century

I think this is very true...since me and my husband have been doing it together we have sort of opted out of the reason for one or the other of us not to go! We especially go together at the weekend

Now for July and August Good Life is free for kids from 12 -17 so I have a few of them that I am picking up and sticking down with my son. It's a great idea, as we have to get kids moving....here especially, NB has the highest obesity problem in Canada.

NO...I don't have shares in GL, but...anything that can help some of us inclimatically unfriendly NB to stay healthy gets my vote.
The free teen fitness is a brilliant idea for the summer. It can really kick start a healthier lifestyle and we don't push to sell them a membership at the end of the summer.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 9:51 am
BE user by choice

The free teen fitness is a brilliant idea for the summer. It can really kick start a healthier lifestyle and we don't push to sell them a membership at the end of the summer.
No, but my kid wants to join anyway, and will. I would not do this anywhere else, but we 'have' to make this a fun outing for all of us, as with the length of winter here, we CAN NOT go for long family walks, and this seems like a good idea for us to do together. I am trying to take steps now, to change my lifestyle and that of all the family, to try to lessen the impact of winter when it comes...it knocked me for six (mentally and phisically) I won't allow it to happen again.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:37 pm
half a century

Good plan MillieF . Exercising helps combat depression
Old Jul 24th 2014, 3:05 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

4Bells is too modest to say, but she has won an award this year as one of the top instructors in the company in canada - out of 1000s.

I also agree exercise helps with mood - hugely agree on that.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:43 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
4Bells is too modest to say, but she has won an award this year as one of the top instructors in the company in canada - out of 1000s.

I also agree exercise helps with mood - hugely agree on that.
oooh hush now

but yes - 6 of us got Instructor of Excellence Awards - out of 3000 (apparently thats the top 0.2%). So we get to go to the big boat party in Toronto in August!

Any ideas for my fancy dress . . . its meant to be "super fan" !
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:49 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

with your body you could wear anything, you lucky cow
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

oooh hush now

but yes - 6 of us got Instructor of Excellence Awards - out of 3000 (apparently thats the top 0.2%). So we get to go to the big boat party in Toronto in August!

I'm thinking the union jack dress that Ginger Spice is known for wearing.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

oooh hush now

Wow - well done! That's a great achievement, congrats!

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)?

Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:59 pm
half a century

Thanks all xx
lol ! I have Union Jack leggings and a Union Jack I could fashion into a top . . . go as team GB fan?

My main fAN DOM is Mika the singer - but i think it may just go over peoples' heads!
One guy is going as one of the Golden Girls as he loves them !