Irn Bru

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:14 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Irn Bru

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Irn Bru ......... eughhhh!!
So at the risk of sounding stupid...what is it and more importantly what does it taste like?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:17 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
So at the risk of sounding stupid...what is it and more importantly what does it taste like?
All explained here: http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/home.html

A rather garish coloured soft drink with a unique taste. Something you had to have grown up with. A bit like that brown hot water you like....what's it called again??..... oh yes, Tim Hortons coffee!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:18 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a carbonated soft drink, kinda hard to describe what it tastes like, but it's nice in vodka and really good for a hangover.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:19 pm

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
I'm a Pollok girl.
Ah'm no messin' wi you then.

Irn Bru ......... eughhhh!!
Shuddup! I'm not listening...nah nah nah.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Madmac
All explained here: http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/home.html

A rather garish coloured soft drink with a unique taste. Something you had to have grown up with. A bit like that brown hot water you like....what's it called again??..... oh yes, Tim Hortons coffee!!
But you're forgetting I don't like Tim Horton's coffee.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:25 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Liquid bubble gum. That's how a flatmate of mine described it.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:27 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Madmac;6155793]Ah'm no messin' wi you then.

Oh dear, but Mr. Madmac please sir, I haven't actually lived there for some 17years now, and may I say, I have somewhat mellowed since my days in the ghetto.

Min' ye, oan th' other hain Ah hae bin knoon tae hae somewhat ay a cuttie fuse, only when absolutely necessary ay coorse.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by edsask
Ewwwwww yuck!!!!!

Rain check please.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by edsask
B**locks! Excuse the vernacular but I'd say that the disgusting brown goop they call Root Beer over here tastes like liquid bubblegum.

Irn Bru is definitely for the discerning palate though.

...and Raine is right: it's tastes great with Vodka.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:43 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Ewwwwww yuck!!!!!

Rain check please.
Yes I think you can manage perfectly well without Irn Bru in your life, unless you are an unstable diabetic in need of a quick sugar fix!!!

(Don't get excited anyone, that wasn't a poke at unstable diabetics!!!)

I was once at a meeting with a guy who I could see was going off the boil. I could NOT persuade him to eat a Mars bar I bought for him, as he was past the point of reason by then and he ended up in hospital that night! .... maybe if I'd had a bottle of Irn Bru available .......
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:44 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

..........I'd say that the disgusting brown goop they call Root Beer over here tastes like liquid bubblegum.

Have you tried Sasparilla?????
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:51 pm

Have you tried Sasparilla?????
Doesn't that just taste like Root Beer or is it the same thing?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:09 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

B**locks! Excuse the vernacular but I'd say that the disgusting brown goop they call Root Beer over here tastes like liquid bubblegum.

Irn Bru is definitely for the discerning palate though.

...and Raine is right: it's tastes great with Vodka.
Well, the flatmate didn't grow up with Irn Bru, so allowances have to be made. Not everyone has as discerning palates as Irn Bru drinkers.

Irn Bru + vodka = class in a glass.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:09 am
little snowy owl

Doesn't that just taste like Root Beer or is it the same thing?
LOL yes I think it is the same thing! ..... silly me.

It's the Sarsparilla root according to wikipedia! Who noo?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:12 am
little snowy owl

LOL yes I think it is the same thing! ..... silly me.

It's the Sarsparilla root according to wikipedia! Who noo?

....or IS it?

http://rootbeerbarrel.com/2008/03/14...-sarsaparilla/

This place sells sarsparilla AND root beer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.