Shipping

Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all
Default Shipping

Hi There

Cananyone tellme of a really good (and hopefully cheap) shipping company. We have been in Canada for a year and a half and most of our stuff is still in the UK. We are looking for a good company to ship our stuff for us. We can use one of those companies that supply the container and we pack, as we have people at home in the UK willing to pack it for us.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks

Tracey
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping

Don't know where you would be shipping from. We shipped from Lancashire and used GB Liners (their Manchester depot). They weren't the cheapest quote we had, but their salesman seemed the most knowledgeable and the staff in the office were great. The team who came out to pack were very good and efficient. The container arrived on time (but we shipped in the summer, I know they often get held up in winter) and everything was in one piece when it was unpacked.

So I would recommend them if you are shipping from that area of the UK. But then again if you are shipping from a different part of the country it may be different. From talking to people, I think it doesn't just depend on the individual company you use, but also the depot and even the particular crew you are assigned within that company.

If you do a search on here for removal companies you will find loads of threads and within them, you will find people either recommending or not recommending the same company names. I do think it is a bit of a lottery whichever company you use.

I don't know anything about just hiring a container and filling it yourself though.

Lisa
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:04 am
Banned

andrew4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping

maybe worth contacting Doree Bonner as I know they ship to Canada