iPhone 5

Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:02 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone 5

Just use the floatation app, I think it's free?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

my OH has this phone

http://www.sonimtech.com/company/110829_guinness.php

but it says nothing about retrieving from the seabed. Obviously a design error.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:08 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go, Oink, this is what you need.

It's in your colour, too.

Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:10 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Here you go, Oink, this is what you need.

It's in your colour, too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1CX5o7NaIB...ery-Needed.jpg
I'll just keep buying cheap unlocked phones and consider them a fixed cost.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:15 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
RIM are facing a slow painful death. Their new devices will be too little, too late. No come back for that company now.

The only hope they may have left is if they franchise or 'app' BBM for Android and iPhone.
I have a work supplied blackberry. It's a pile of crap, but it's free - free is a feature I like in a phone.

RIM will have a chance if they go with android; they need to either move over wholesale or allow android apps to run on their phones (apparently this is technically possible cos jawas or something). What they can't do is rely on the "enterprise" market as apple and google are just going to continue to take that away from them if they don't do up their game.

The lacklustre iphone 5 will help - only the apple hardcore are going to be excited by this and they don't buy blackberries anyway.

I don't expect any of this to happen - but I wouldn't write them off until I see what they come up with.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 1:21 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I have a work supplied blackberry. It's a pile of crap, but it's free - free is a feature I like in a phone.

RIM will have a chance if they go with android; they need to either move over wholesale or allow android apps to run on their phones (apparently this is technically possible cos jawas or something). What they can't do is rely on the "enterprise" market as apple and google are just going to continue to take that away from them if they don't do up their game.

The lacklustre iphone 5 will help - only the apple hardcore are going to be excited by this and they don't buy blackberries anyway.

I don't expect any of this to happen - but I wouldn't write them off until I see what they come up with.
I think BlackBerry as a hardware platform will die of natural causes in the next few years; I can't see RIM licensing a third-party OS for its own hardware. Despite off-the-edge-of-a-cliff market share numbers for new handset sales, there's still an enormous installed base, particularly in enterprises where the default work-provided mobile device is a BlackBerry and nothing else is allowed to connect to the corporate network. I know increasing numbers of people who now carry a work BlackBerry and a personal iPhone.

I've read in a couple of places recently that RIM is touting its latest OS to embedded device manufacturers (particularly automotive gadget types) as a sound OS for multifulctional, multitasking in-car systems etc. I suspect that, if the next round of hardware product releases tanks as badly as PlayBook and Torch, the company will become a software (BlackBerry OS) and services (BBM, enterprise mail servers) company and junk the hardware altogether.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 2:18 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I know increasing numbers of people who now carry a work BlackBerry and a personal iPhone.
A lot of corporates are moving over to BYOD. I know the company I work for does this and also offers iPhones as well as blackberries to new users. The blackberry's strength is it's comms and keyboard, but it's software on the usability front is awful. They have to move to android in some fashion - if they don't it will be as you say.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:13 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I have the most recent bold 9900. It is a pile of crap. Not only does the battery last less than a day, but when roaming it seems not to want to establish and maintain a data connection. I got off the plane in London on Thursday and was without data for most of the day. It took multiple hard resets....e.g. taking the battery out.... to get it to function. I do like the keyboard and like Alan its free cos its paid for by work and that's the killer feature for me.

I'm no fan of i-devices but they and android will inevitably eat RIM for lunch IMHO. Apropos to RIM I was in a distribution facility in Slovakia earlier this year that was stuffed with not selling BB devices. The operator - who are the worlds largest logistics provider for mobile devices - are going to be in considerable trouble when RIMs hardware business tanks. They did appear to be in a significant state of denial over this!

As for the iphone 5, its a slightly more spangly iphone4s. Scarcely revolutionary but it'll shift in bucket loads such is the power of the apple brand.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:24 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I have the most recent bold 9900. It is a pile of crap. Not only does the battery last less than a day, but when roaming it seems not to want to establish and maintain a data connection. I got off the plane in London on Thursday and was without data for most of the day. It took multiple hard resets....e.g. taking the battery out.... to get it to function. I do like the keyboard and like Alan its free cos its paid for by work and that's the killer feature for me.
+1 for me on the like the keyboard and like Alan its free cos its paid for by work

I've had a few phones (they are almost disposable now when you pack them around construction sites) with both the touch screen and the keyboard and admit the crackberry keyboard works the best for me.

And I've had the same problems as AX regarding the data connection but wasn't sure if it's all the phones fault.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Hi guys!

Any body know if buying an iPhone 5 from an Apple store on pre paid, will it work in the UK still?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:27 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen47
Hi guys!

Any body know if buying an iPhone 5 from an Apple store on pre paid, will it work in the UK still?
Eh? Why does it matter where and how you buy it? (If you're daft enough to do that).
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:57 am
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stephen47
Hi guys!

If you pay the outright price and get an unlocked phone — yes, on GSM and 3G.

The UK and Canadian models are different when it comes to the new 4G LTE network. An iPhone 5 from Canada won't work on British LTE networks and vice versa.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cornmatthew
If you pay the outright price and get an unlocked phone — yes, on GSM and 3G.

The UK and Canadian models are different when it comes to the new 4G LTE network. An iPhone 5 from Canada won't work on British LTE networks and vice versa.
it will still work on 3G networks though.

Anyone tried GiffGaff? going home soon and need a phone for a couple of weeks.. looks like a cheap network
Old Sep 16th 2012, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You know what they say. Once you've had black there's no going back.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Eh? Why does it matter where and how you buy it? (If you're daft enough to do that).
Thanks for your input. You've really made my mind up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.