Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I'm making a cup of tea

I'm making a cup of tea

Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm making a cup of tea

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
I wish...2 children 4 & 2 (2yr old having a nap ) 4 yr old driving us mad with pretend food she is making...and tickling...then I am trying to design the menu for our Cooking Club session on Wednesday for Afternoon Tea...and servicing the needs / putting to work the man I only see from Friday eve to Sunday eve as he works away...

All this in the avoidance of house work that badly needs doing...and dinner preperations...so am I bored...no, should I be...nope, just not in the mood

Ahhh there's Sunday anyway.

You on Canadian research - we're just busy getting in moval quotes...and they are a bit scary...so more thinning to be done I suspect.
Did you go to the immigration show, the removals people were giving discount or free storage, could send you details if you like ?

I am researching moving with WP and goods to follow, i had an email saying if you move with wp not PR you are subject to duty on your goods you bring in and most of the containers are being opened with a charge of $800-1,000 extra dollars but can't find anything on it in Wiki or in the posts ? so may post a new thread,

sounds like you have your hands full, my OH is at home but doing some work as well so much to do as well but like you i am using evasion tactics
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:48 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Did you go to the immigration show, the removals people were giving discount or free storage, could send you details if you like ?

I am researching moving with WP and goods to follow, i had an email saying if you move with wp not PR you are subject to duty on your goods you bring in and most of the containers are being opened with a charge of $800-1,000 extra dollars but can't find anything on it in Wiki or in the posts ? so may post a new thread,

sounds like you have your hands full, my OH is at home but doing some work as well so much to do as well but like you i am using evasion tactics
Unfortunately or not (depends on your prospective) would have loved to have gone to the show - Epsom is not far from us so that would have been ideal, but we were over in Canada at that time...so we missed it and couldn't justify the trip to Edinburgh on th 24th either - not to mention we had too much to do as we left on 28th.

Well, it is puddling down here and very grey - that is one thing I miss about Sask - at least the sun shone ...even if the snot froze in your nose :embaressed_smile:
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:53 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately or not (depends on your prospective) would have loved to have gone to the show - Epsom is not far from us so that would have been ideal, but we were over in Canada at that time...so we missed it and couldn't justify the trip to Edinburgh on th 24th either - not to mention we had too much to do as we left on 28th.

Well, it is puddling down here and very grey - that is one thing I miss about Sask - at least the sun shone ...even if the snot froze in your nose :embaressed_smile:
No sun today Dawn, and it snowed again last night, not much just a light dusting to keep us in our place - how said something about spring
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
No sun today Dawn, and it snowed again last night, not much just a light dusting to keep us in our place - how said something about spring
yep pretty mis here as well now, started off lovely bright sunshine, dafs look pretty though, we even had a bit of snow, so sitting in front of a roaring fire debating about making peanut butter cookies with my 7 year old who is telling me he really needs to make them
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:12 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Well we had huge flakes of snow here in the week - see attachment - but until tonight it is still officially winter here (clocks go forward tonight here) so don't forget - joy that will mean the Ruggies get up an hour earlier will have to remember to go to bed earlier.....
Attached Files
File Type: avi
MVI_6907.AVI (3.07 MB, 60 views)
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:17 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

yep pretty mis here as well now, started off lovely bright sunshine, dafs look pretty though, we even had a bit of snow, so sitting in front of a roaring fire debating about making peanut butter cookies with my 7 year old who is telling me he really needs to make them
It took me many years to accept fruit in curries....I will never get used to PNB being a sweet delicacy - same as Maple Bacon and pancakes / cornbread on the same plate with maple syrup
Yuck
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:26 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

It took me many years to accept fruit in curries....I will never get used to PNB being a sweet delicacy - same as Maple Bacon and pancakes / cornbread on the same plate with maple syrup
Yuck http://tools.digeratimarketing.co.uk...k/sick0021.gif
nothing wrong with a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast with bacon, pancakes, syrup, eggs, butter, potatoes mmmmmmmmmmm
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:28 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

nothing wrong with a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast with bacon, pancakes, syrup, eggs, butter, potatoes mmmmmmmmmmm
Skip the rest just bring on the spuds.....
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We went to Florida for christmas a few years back and could have ordered a christmas lunch at the condo it is on a huge development anyway my oh said no don't bother we we will be able to eat anywhere everywhere will be open, yes of course nothing open except Dennys, it was so funny filled to the brim a lovely atmos and a great christmas was had by all,
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:22 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

We went to Florida for christmas a few years back and could have ordered a christmas lunch at the condo it is on a huge development anyway my oh said no don't bother we we will be able to eat anywhere everywhere will be open, yes of course nothing open except Dennys, it was so funny filled to the brim a lovely atmos and a great christmas was had by all,
I love Denny's but we've only got one in Regina so have to travle 40 mins to get there
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:27 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

I love Denny's but we've only got one in Regina so have to travle 40 mins to get there
Pardon my ignorance but I'm assuming Denny's is a resturant? How does it differ from others???
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:33 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Pardon my ignorance but I'm assuming Denny's is a resturant? How does it differ from others???
It's a diner and it doesn't differ from any others, it just fills me full of good memories. Spent many an hour in various ones either having breakfast before going to bed after a good night/morning out or with the kids when they used to come on holidays with us mostly in Florida.

We have spent many and hour having an early breakfast in Denny's on the 192 opposite Old Town Kissemmee after a night in the Blue Max or the new bar on the opposite corner (can't remember the name) .
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:40 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

It's a diner and it doesn't differ from any others, it just fills me full of good memories. Spent many an hour in various ones either having breakfast before going to bed after a good night/morning out or with the kids when they used to come on holidays with us mostly in Florida.

We have spent many and hour having an early breakfast in Denny's on the 192 opposite Old Town Kissemmee after a night in the Blue Max or the new bar on the opposite corner (can't remember the name) .
Oh well - I guess this is a joy I will have to hold out for until we are next in Regina
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh well - I guess this is a joy I will have to hold out for until we are next in Regina
Its a very relaxed way of eating especially with kids, they are or have been in the past very flexible about what you order which is fab with kids as you know
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats the one we went to our condo is 5 mins from Disney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.