Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I'm making a cup of tea

I'm making a cup of tea

Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:39 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm making a cup of tea

Originally Posted by gingnut
Only have cookies in this house, Oreos if still interested. My son does keep asking if we can bake some cookies, so the GREATEST chocolate chip cookies could be on their way.
Yeah I like oreos they've now brought them out here.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:59 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Tetley - make mines a large, strong one with milk. Got any Tunnocks caramel wafers on that plate ????????
My OH would join you putting a few of those away
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:02 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Anyone else want one?
See what you've done!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:18 am

Tetley - make mines a large, strong one with milk. Got any Tunnocks caramel wafers on that plate ????????
Nah ye cannae beat Tunnocks Teacakes mmm mmm mmmmmmm
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Nah ye cannae beat Tunnocks Teacakes mmm mmm mmmmmmm
Im just of to Tesco anyone want me to get them biccies ?

just have another cup before i go though please
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:47 pm

Don't worry I'm bringing some over for you..x

p.s. Teacakes are better
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:51 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Anyone else want one?
Do you think we could get pre-approval instantly or certainly at the very least a positive LMO for a Cup / Pot of Tea making school. We would provide the very best in Tea bags to cater for all tastes, sugar lumps for those interested along with little silver tongs, milk (any variety), we'll borrow Alviks Teapot, and for the Vancouver branch its bring your own pot...

and the remaining thing that we will provide so that "one might get a decent cuppa" is

BOILING BLOODY WATER!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Do you think we could get pre-approval instantly or certainly at the very least a positive LMO for a Cup / Pot of Tea making school. We would provide the very best in Tea bags to cater for all tastes, sugar lumps for those interested along with little silver tongs, milk (any variety), we'll borrow Alviks Teapot, and for the Vancouver branch its bring your own pot...

and the remaining thing that we will provide so that "one might get a decent cuppa" is

BOILING BLOODY WATER!
I have little silver tong things
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:20 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Unfortunately on our Recci - I got coffee overload (went off it a bit when I was pregnant last and I'm wondering if the hormones still lingering), so as a result on occasions I switched to tea.

It was a shame - I'm sure the tea itself is perfectly palatable, but the problem we found was that the water they filled the teapot with (which was more than likely put in a cold tea pot) was the coffee filtered water temperature

So, tea in houses probably fine, tea out and about - big no no unless you specify boiling water I guess.

Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:22 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I have little silver tong things
Does the sugar not run through them?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does the sugar not run through them?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:30 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Are you very bored on a Saturday afternoon?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:31 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Where can you buy them and are they expensive?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where can you buy them and are they expensive?
No they were a present from my MIL but have seen them for around £10.00 in antique places ? actually am working doing some research so whats the matter you bored
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:12 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

No they were a present from my MIL but have seen them for around £10.00 in antique places ? actually am working doing some research so whats the matter you bored
I wish...2 children 4 & 2 (2yr old having a nap ) 4 yr old driving us mad with pretend food she is making...and tickling...then I am trying to design the menu for our Cooking Club session on Wednesday for Afternoon Tea...and servicing the needs / putting to work the man I only see from Friday eve to Sunday eve as he works away...

All this in the avoidance of house work that badly needs doing...and dinner preperations...so am I bored...no, should I be...nope, just not in the mood

Ahhh there's Sunday anyway.

You on Canadian research - we're just busy getting in moval quotes...and they are a bit scary...so more thinning to be done I suspect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.