Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If you miss 3 out of 4.......

If you miss 3 out of 4.......

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you miss 3 out of 4.......

Originally Posted by Hangman
How childish.
Agreed.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:24 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
The england performance or grahams humorous input?
Both
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Interesting that the only person to score in the penalty round is the player it seems most English fans love to hate.

CANADIAN Owen Hargreaves from right here in Calgary.

Cheers
Steve
I THINK HARGREAVES WAS ONE OF THE BEST ENGLISH PLAYERS IN THE TOURNAMENT.

NOT SAYING A LOT REALLY, BUT HOPEFULLY THE FANS AND MEDIA WILL NOW GET OFF HIS BACK A BIT.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 3:53 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

So why is it, that he is hated so much?
Pretty obviously its because of his hair
Tight curly hair on a bloke is only one step up from gingerness in my book
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 4:44 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bleech
Pretty obviously its because of his hair
So for the uninformed who've been here for fourty years you are going to have to define "gingerness".

Do you mean red or ginger coloured hair? Or does it have some other more sinister meaning?

Cheers
Steve
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 5:12 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

So for the uninformed who've been here for fourty years you are going to have to define "gingerness".

Do you mean red or ginger coloured hair? Or does it have some other more sinister meaning?

Cheers
Steve
It's in the dictionary.

Gingerness - Someone unluckily enough to be blessed/cursed with ginger hair, usually accompanied with pale skin and freckles
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 6:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

It's in the dictionary.

Gingerness - Someone unluckily enough to be blessed/cursed with ginger hair, usually accompanied with pale skin and freckles
Ok so I was correct.

What I don't understand then is what is "wrong" with this?
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:21 pm
Having a blonde moment

Britjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think it's because Hargreaves is 'not from round here' I think it's simply that playing in Germany he isn't seen or reported on frequently, he just turns up in the England team. I'm hoping that he does get less criticism now, he was by far the best player at the weekend.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:31 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Garfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1066
I thought England were absolutely magnificent.

They had the best defence of any team over there, and the midfield cohesion was wonderous to watch. The class of Lampard and Gerhard shone through on every occasion they touched the ball.

The forwards must have struck fear into the hearts of many a defender. The pace and touch of Crouch were dazzling, as well as Rooneys decisive tackling.

My views on this may be interpreted as misplaced patriotism, but it is more likely the fact that the information on the medicine bottle specifically said
'Not to be taken with alcohol' ....

Oh, well, roll on 2010 .. I may even go back to S.A. to watch the next debacle.
Do I sense a little sarcasm in your quotes
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:36 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Garfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud of

Yeah that would be him the one who, I think his dad was a Scouser.

So why is it, that he is hated so much?

I don't watch soccer any more but I understand that he actually played reasonably well in the last couple of match's.

Cheers
Steve
Hargreaves was magnificent against the Portuguese and played well in all the games and if they all ahd the passion he showed they would have been in the Semis at least.

It was all so predictable with the squad he picked, taking only 4 strikers (2 recovering from injury and one who hasn't played a top flight match at all), 16 midfielders and defenders in total.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:41 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garfielduk
Do I sense a little sarcasm in your quotes
Quick, aren't you ..
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:08 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Originally Posted by 1066
Quick, aren't you ..
Sometimes but not always
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 11:52 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garfielduk
Sometimes but not always
Wasnt your missus who complained you'd finished before she'd even started?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:23 am
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Wasnt your missus who complained you'd finished before she'd even started?
No, she always congratulates me on my unbelievable stamina
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:39 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a ginger, shall I go top myself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.