Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If Spring Break is bad......how will I cope with 10 weeks of summer?

If Spring Break is bad......how will I cope with 10 weeks of summer?

Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:38 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default If Spring Break is bad......how will I cope with 10 weeks of summer?

.....................I love my kids, but really, today was an afternoon too long and it isnt even over!

Between the puppy getting remarkably random in her deposits and us getting totally out of sync with her going outside. The kids are doing remarkably daft things, even for them! Like stacking up glasses to make towers.....and I get there just before the 2 foot tall tower is spotted by the 20 month old demolition expert...................

One minute they play so nicely, then the next its like a rugby scrum with the puppy and the 20 month old somewhere in the middle. I want a Tazer gun, a cattle prod - something! I resort to afternoon baths, lots of toys, bubbles and towels. When is it my turn?

Oh! the noise! The bickering! The *why is my sock wet?* as they have walked all the way over the room to show you, wet footprints everywhere! The door bell goes, I am in no mood to make *nice*, and those kids like a herd run towards the door to see who it is.............can I not ignore the door even??

I am ready for a dark room and a mudslide of the Vodka kind.................
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Spring Break is bad......how will I cope with 10 weeks of summer?

Look on the bright side, you will be used to it by the time they are off for Easter
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:42 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Spring Break is bad......how will I cope with 10 weeks of summer?

Oh the joys of parent hood!!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Poppy2
.....................I love my kids, but really, today was an afternoon too long and it isnt even over!

Between the puppy getting remarkably random in her deposits and us getting totally out of sync with her going outside. The kids are doing remarkably daft things, even for them! Like stacking up glasses to make towers.....and I get there just before the 2 foot tall tower is spotted by the 20 month old demolition expert...................

One minute they play so nicely, then the next its like a rugby scrum with the puppy and the 20 month old somewhere in the middle. I want a Tazer gun, a cattle prod - something! I resort to afternoon baths, lots of toys, bubbles and towels. When is it my turn?

Oh! the noise! The bickering! The *why is my sock wet?* as they have walked all the way over the room to show you, wet footprints everywhere! The door bell goes, I am in no mood to make *nice*, and those kids like a herd run towards the door to see who it is.............can I not ignore the door even??

I am ready for a dark room and a mudslide of the Vodka kind.................
It does get easier. Before you know it they will be out playing all day every day and you will be sat indoors twiddling your thumbs and wishing they wanted to do something with you. Then the time comes when they will only go out with you if you promise to buy them something! Make the most of them being little. It doesnt last long.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:59 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neekie
It does get easier. Before you know it they will be out playing all day every day and you will be sat indoors twiddling your thumbs and wishing they wanted to do something with you. Then the time comes when they will only go out with you if you promise to buy them something! Make the most of them being little. It doesnt last long.
yup - it may not last long - just feels like eterntity at the time

My daughter only deigns to come into town with me now if it invloves retail therapy - for her!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:08 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to offer super dooper advice, thought back, don't have any
It was chaos and mayhem with the older ones winding up the younger one, fights, mess, muuuuuum i'm bored, I don't want to colour in anything else.

Lets bake something? Then i'd get anal cos they weren't doing it properly and i'd end up baking it

Lets go to the cinema - WW3 erupts in the back of the car "Right thats it if you can't behave on the way there its back home" So off back home after 3 warnings.

Have 2 Vodka mudslides

Seriously though if you spend some time with them when they are not expecting it ie, if they are playing nicely go and join them, play a game or whatever even for a couple of half hour stints, you will find that they don't demand your attention randomly and will be happy to amuse themselves for a while.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:21 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Start looking to see what summer camps are in your area!

There are lots of different ones here from half day once/twice a week to full time ones so I guess there will be something where you are!

And here's me thinking that families with two or more kids were lucky as they keep each other amused
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:22 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Kill them.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:27 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Start looking to see what summer camps are in your area!

There are lots of different ones here from half day once/twice a week to full time ones so I guess there will be something where you are!

And here's me thinking that families with two or more kids were lucky as they keep each other amused
ha _ I have two - when they start moaning about being bored I tellem - go play together - thats y I had 2 of you!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:27 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Kill them.
with kindness - or . . .
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:57 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Kill them.
I would but I am rubbish at lying, I always get caught out

........and they are quite cute. Not bad looking either, maybe one day they will take me along as their date to the Oscars when they make it big. Its these things that keep these kritters alive

We have been doing crafts and making cards, having movie afternoons and its all gone fine, but today when I want to write a Cover Letter and ring a few people, its all gone to custard and my uncontrollable rage has bubbled just under the surface. The 5 year old came to me and asked me why today I was so frustrated! Poor guy.

Summer camps are a must, even if one of them goes for one day and another for another day. Its when they get together I am at my wits end! How can a 5 and a 10 year old fight so much?? Or rather, how can a 5 year old irritate a 10 year old with every word that comes out of his mouth? My 10 year old has anger issues - maybe a mudslide for him too?

As if I am sharing!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:09 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
yup - it may not last long - just feels like eterntity at the time

My daughter only deigns to come into town with me now if it invloves retail therapy - for her!!
At least she still goes with you, i'm aloud to drop my boy off and hand over money!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:27 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
with kindness - or . . .
Axe works better.

I am the father of two grown up teenage daughters (18 and 21) and it is still bad. The only difference is they are telling me what I should be doing and thinking. Three women in one house is too much for a man to bear, I emigrated so at least I could have a bigger house to hide in.

Take tonight for example..... I criticised the TV program for being cheap TV that makes medical accidents into a freak show for people to get hooked on, much like the Dog Whisper makes people go 'aahhhhh' and why are some owners so dumb?

POW I was the devil incarnate and then it progressed to how selfish I was for taking the last piece of cheese cake without asking if anyone else wanted any(never mind they had eaten the rest yesterday). So with a rearguard grumpy old man impression I retreated to another room and started to work (signed on here to moan) .....

OK thats enough of me whining on.

Sharpen that axe it will only get worse!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

What is this Spring Break of which you speak?? But I'll join you for that vodka, regardless
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:17 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain I really do.

My local YMCA is doing Spring day camps 24th -28th March 8.30am - 4.30pm for ages 5-15 for the sum of $ 60. Im booking my 7 year old daughter into that all week for my own sanity.

Also my 4 year old son will be attending 1pm till 4pm for three days that week too for $ 10 per aft.
They will both be doing crafts, games and swimming.

The summer camp schedules are up now too so am looking at putting them both in Soccer and Baseball camps.
There is actually so much choice here for them to do if we were made of money that is.

Hope you find something in your local area to help keep your sanity.

x Mrs Minihaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.