Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I knew bears liked to fish, but this is new....

I knew bears liked to fish, but this is new....

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:17 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default I knew bears liked to fish, but this is new....

.... you never take me fishing:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...2154&t=TS_Home
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:25 am
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I knew bears liked to fish, but this is new....

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Excellent ! i would loved to have seen the look on the guys face when the bear got in
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:07 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wonderwoman
Excellent ! i would loved to have seen the look on the guys face when the bear got in
So .... you like animal stories? Here's one from me:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happened about 3 months ago when I was in an RV park in Osooyos, BC.

I was starting to BBQ some chicken when I walked out to the road a few feet away and I hear this noise behind me. For a few seconds, I thought I was going to get hit by a car, but it was only a female mallard duck that just landed on the road a few feet behind me. It walked past me to right under my BBQ like it was an invited guest to a party so I played along with it. I went in my motor home and got some bread and fed it right out of my hand - even though it was a wild duck! It had absolutely no fear of me. As I hand-fed it more bread, it was having trouble swallowing because it needed water, so I got a bowl of water. I set the bowl down on the grass and started tossing bread into the bowl of water. The duck ate the bread and drank all the water, so I got another slice of bread and refill the bowl. The duck ate that slice and drank the entire bowl of water too. It was looking rather full so I didn't give it more... but it had trouble taking off after it was done.

Now that was interesting.

Lets hear some other animal stories.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:55 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I remember feeding swans at a river in Devon when I was about 6 yrs old. I was throwing them bread from a quay as I was rather scared of them. The tide was half out and I couldn't quite reach the water so they were eating this dry bread which I could see apparently sticking in their throats.

This worried me, so I made a great effort and tried to throw as far as the water, and threw myself off that quay! I landed face down in the mud like a little starfish!

Unfortunately, mixed with the soft river mud were little rocks and stones, so I was slightly cut ...... My over-riding feeling though was fear of the swans which were then much too close for comfort, though no doubt they were somewhat startled at my sudden arrival!

So I scrambled to my feet and ran up the nearby steps and across the road to our holiday rental cottage. My family didn't know whather to laugh or cry when they saw the state I was in ..... I remember what I was doing though ..... screaming my head off!!