I blame Trump

Old Jan 14th 2018, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I blame Trump

Originally Posted by macadian
Yes, it's all rather pathetic that the Hollywood Elite are being taken seriously at all in this regard. America, please, please wake up and smell the coffee! I live in hope but suspect it is a forlorn one.
Its unbelievable isn't it? Mind you the Hollywood elite have no grasp on reality whatsover, so no one can even take what they say seriously....its when the American public start listening to them is when it starts to get frightening.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I think you're asking a great deal from people who will have discarded any sense of decency along with their backbone the instant they decided to sell their political favours to the highest bidder to get elected in the first place.

You don't have to look far into the 'swamp' that's american politics to realise that there aren't any who can remotely be described as statesmanlike.

Ironically, the only man who is actually doing what he said he would do is now being hung drawn and quartered for behaving as you would have expected him to. The argument that the american people knew what they were voting for is a good one. Trump's background was laid bare for all to see and yet they still voted him in, not the majority I admit, but the system did.

Trump scares the hell out of me because he's so unlike anything that's gone before and we're all having to clench our buttocks and hope that the next insult he throws out won't be the last, but to expect anyone in american politics to do anything about him is just asking too much from politicians who've learned that you do well by keeping your head down when the muck's flying.

The big unknown of course is Mueller and what he's found out, now I wonder if he has any political aspirations? But of course that's a pipe dream, he's not an actor.. or is he?
I agree....everyone knew what he was, but as you say the American's still voted for him, not as Hilary was much better, however at least she wouldnt have been cringeworthy embarassing on the world stage. What a mess the US is in....and I can't see it getting much better, now the flood gates have opened to the public contmeplating any old any old Tom Dick and Harry in the Whitehouse!
Old Jan 14th 2018, 7:08 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Its unbelievable isn't it? Mind you the Hollywood elite have no grasp on reality whatsover, so no one can even take what they say seriously....its when the American public start listening to them is when it starts to get frightening.
Actors in politics isnt unusual or new, Reagan, Schwartnegger,(sp?) Shirley Temple, Glendale Jackson, and I don't think that they necessarily are any less in touch with reality than career politicians.
What is alarming is that the American system allows someone with no experience of public office but enough money to through into it to become president.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 7:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If Jack Bauer was a real person Id vote for him as President
And Nina Myers as running mate
Old Jan 14th 2018, 9:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

For quite a while after he was elected I drank a fair bit more than usual, got it back under control now though. Or at least I'm accepting it a bit better, it's hard to tell. Define "usual".
Old Jan 14th 2018, 11:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I refer you to George Clooney's remarks about shitting. It doesn't follow that, because someone makes a living in film, they have less of a grasp of reality than someone who does not.

For your convenience (DYSWIDT?):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/201...te_a_23221457/

Last edited by dbd33; Jan 14th 2018 at 11:17 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 1:29 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I refer you to George Clooney's remarks...
Top Man, George.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
You watch that Sarah Huckabee Sanders when she gets going, she lies like a rug! She also has this lazy eye thing going on like she's looking for an exit just in case while she's talking, which is kind of hot.
You have low standards or you’re desperate, LOL
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bats
Actors in politics isnt unusual or new, Reagan, Schwartnegger,(sp?) Shirley Temple, Glendale Jackson, and I don't think that they necessarily are any less in touch with reality than career politicians.
What is alarming is that the American system allows someone with no experience of public office but enough money to through into it to become president.
True, but I think the old school actor turned politician were a better bunch of people, just like the politicians of the past were better than the waste of space career politicians we have today, I think its society thats changed...
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:49 pm
Oscar nominated

... the Hollywood elite have no grasp on reality...
Perhaps you didn't read dbd's link to George Clooney's comment.
Here’s the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies’ shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so I’d have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years. So this idea that I’m somehow the “Hollywood elite” and this guy who takes a shit in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable.
Who lives in a bigger bubble? He lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company...When you direct a film you have seven different unions all wanting different things, you have to find consensus with all of them, and you have to get them moving in the same direction. He’s never had to do any of that kind of stuff. I just look at it and I laugh when I see him say “Hollywood elite.” Hollywood elite? I don’t have a star on Hollywood Boulevard, Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood Boulevard! **** you!
https://www.thedailybeast.com/george...evate-her-game
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
I refer you to George Clooney's remarks about shitting. It doesn't follow that, because someone makes a living in film, they have less of a grasp of reality than someone who does not.

For your convenience (DYSWIDT?):

George Clooney Blasts Trump And The Myth Of The 'Hollywood Elite'

Sounds like he had it tough in the early part of his life, Clooney did have a good grasp of reality back then (so in that context he does have more of an idea than Trump which isn't difficult!) but I'm still not convinced....its very easy for people to lose their grasp on reality with that amount of wealth even if they once had it.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 12:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They are still people. They still have to vote, pay taxes (generally speaking), read the news, had normal regular upbringings. Why is it suggested that they don't have a grasp on reality? Why are their personal opinions decried? Why are their personal opinions/beliefs considered less acceptable to anyone elses? Yeah some of them are barking but so is a percentage of the populations.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 1:10 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he had it tough in the early part of his life, Clooney did have a good grasp of reality back then (so in that context he does have more of an idea than Trump which isn't difficult!) but I'm still not convinced....its very easy for people to lose their grasp on reality with that amount of wealth even if they once had it.
So, is your ideal politician an unsuccessful lawyer? Someone with training but without funds?
Old Jan 16th 2018, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just think they should get on with what they are paid to do and what some of them are good at.....act or sing, and entertain the masses. We all have our opinions and I would say there are thousands of Joe Publics out there that would have some great ideas and probably make great Presidents or Prime Minister's but there voices are unheard, because they dont have a platform.

Many actors, singers, celebrities feel just because they have a platform then they should use it... what makes their opinion worth listening too? what experience do they have, no more that what we the general public have. You may argue, well they want to use that platform to "make a difference" but their opinions are not necessarily right, its subjective.

I think a good example of this is Bono lead singer from U2....he is so sanctimonious its sickening, not to mention irritating. He should stick to what he is used to and carry on singing with his overated band.

I must admit I have become a little anti hollywood over recent years, I think this has been brought about by these stupid and pointless media programmes like Entertainment tonight. I love movies and good quality acting, but I am not interested in their political view being foisted upon me just because they have a platform to do so.

Great leaders come from all walks of life, many from humble beginnings, some from well educated professions, and yes some actors or celebrities and so fourth, but what I don't like is that fact that many (not all thankfully) actors singers and even talentless famous for a day type celebrities seems to want to get in on the act just because they can.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I have become a little anti hollywood over recent years, I think this has been brought about by these stupid and pointless media programmes like Entertainment tonight. I love movies and good quality acting, but I am not interested in their political view being foisted upon me just because they have a platform to do so.
My wife sometimes watches that and I usually leave the room as I can't stand the 'everything is wonderful' gushing praise of it all. Its like the TV version of the Daily Mail. It is all so shallow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.