I blame Trump

Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:10 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I blame Trump

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
They are certainly going the right way about it! I was going to say when are they going to learn....but its quite obvious that the are not.

Crazy businessmen and talk show hosts don't make world leaders.

Then again neither do drama teachers or whitewater rafting instructors..
What occupation should World Leaders have before becoming World Leaders?
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I was honestly staggered by the amount of adulation an actress/tv presenter received for reading a speech that may or may not have been written by her. Even given the state of affairs in the US at present, the behaviour was frankly ridiculous.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I was honestly staggered by the amount of adulation an actress/tv presenter received for reading a speech that may or may not have been written by her. Even given the state of affairs in the US at present, the behaviour was frankly ridiculous.
Open season now that Trump has been elected.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 3:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Open season now that Trump has been elected.
Well it shouldn't be. People should be coming to their senses. Humans are shit. Cats need to take over the world.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Would have to disagree somewhat. Canada tends to think with it's heart, when it should be thinking with it's head.

You're right actually, I think that is a far better description.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well it shouldn't be. People should be coming to their senses. Humans are shit. Cats need to take over the world.
Well my cat has taken over my world
Seriously unless you want the headlines day in and day out and have every move you make scrutinized in minute detail every day and be damned if you do and damned if you don't who wants to become the President of the Free world or in other cases the PM of the UK or Canada.

Its pretty shit pay compared to CEO's and other ranks of private companies.
Far more whackos want to kill you than if you were just the CEO of say a large company.
Selfie after selfie would soon piss me off.

Sure there are some perks like travel and not being herded into a cramped airplane seat, most meals you have are paid for, you get some neat gifts but have to declare them and in some cases you don't get to keep the gift, you have to usually move into rented accommodation although your rent is paid, I suspect you get a clothing allowance for all the suits/dresses you would need. Do you even get overtime pay and how many weeks vacation do you get? If its less than 5 weeks then forget it.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 9:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well my cat has taken over my world
Seriously unless you want the headlines day in and day out and have every move you make scrutinized in minute detail every day and be damned if you do and damned if you don't who wants to become the President of the Free world or in other cases the PM of the UK or Canada.

Its pretty shit pay compared to CEO's and other ranks of private companies.
Far more whackos want to kill you than if you were just the CEO of say a large company.
Selfie after selfie would soon piss me off.

Sure there are some perks like travel and not being herded into a cramped airplane seat, most meals you have are paid for, you get some neat gifts but have to declare them and in some cases you don't get to keep the gift, you have to usually move into rented accommodation although your rent is paid, I suspect you get a clothing allowance for all the suits/dresses you would need. Do you even get overtime pay and how many weeks vacation do you get? If its less than 5 weeks then forget it.
It would appear Trump takes a day or two off for golf whenever he pleases so maybe the actual vacation time is irrelevant???
Old Jan 11th 2018, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear Trump takes a day or two off for golf whenever he pleases so maybe the actual vacation time is irrelevant???
You do know that golf is code for strategic/business meetings so not classed as vacation.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 10:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

You do know that golf is code for strategic/business meetings so not classed as vacation.
Even when the only other people on the course with you are security personnel and a golf professional? That's cool.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 10:50 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldn't be easy for Oprah to leave her business empire, she's pulling down about a million a day and seems to be on the way up. Intelligent, articulate, honest, compassionate, she'd probably be a decent enough president if not for lack of experience in government. Without hearing her speak on the subjects of foreign policy, defence, or security her position and capability is unknown, and we're aware of the perils of a leader at odds with their own government departments. Also as a black woman despite her familiarity and popularity across America she would be a polarising factor perfect for the alt right to go after, and probably create more divisiveness instead of less. Maybe it would be worth it in the long run anyway, if it fixed some of the broken components of American society.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
What occupation should World Leaders have before becoming World Leaders?
Well many come from a legal background...or maybe someone that has actually been involved in and studied politics from a young age, just because they are famous doesn't mean they know how to behave on the world stage or whats best for a country's defence policy, trade policies, health care system to name but a few.

When Trump was running for election, the people who were for him kept banging on saying "hes a businessman, not a politician" err....thats exactly the problem....we end up with the most powerful leader in the world announcing foreign policy on twatter (intentional typo) and name calling! Embarassing doesn't begin to describe it, although it is entertaining in a cringeworthy way.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 5:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Well many come from a legal background...
Well yes, but does that make them better? Were, say, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jesse Ventura worse governors than Chris Christie because he's a lawyer and they're not?
Old Jan 11th 2018, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I cant be arsed looking but I seem to remember that out of the 28 Prime Ministers of Canada I think there were 17 who were lawyers. Our current poster boy with nice hair and wears nice socks was a former high school teacher.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I cant be arsed looking but I seem to remember that out of the 28 Prime Ministers of Canada I think there were 17 who were lawyers. Our current poster boy with nice hair and wears nice socks was a former high school teacher.
And a drama teacher at that..who would have guessed? Where he is on his Father's coat tails....otherwise he would simply be just another Joe public.

Last edited by macadian; Jan 11th 2018 at 6:34 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by macadian
Where he is on his Father's coat tails....otherwise he would simply be just another Joe public.
That's true but nepotism is rampant here. Do we have a reason to suppose that "spoiled heir" is a worse prior occupation for politicians than "lawyer" or "entertainment personality"?

Maybe Ivanka would be better at governing than Oprah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.