Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Help - Moving to Saskatoon in May 08 and want to meet ex pats

Help - Moving to Saskatoon in May 08 and want to meet ex pats

Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

schumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really nice
Default Help - Moving to Saskatoon in May 08 and want to meet ex pats

Hello
Are there any fellow Brits that have moved or moving to Saskatoon very soon. We are landing there on the 9th May and would like to meet up with any ex pats as we will not know a soul!!

We are in our mid fourties and have a 9 year old daughter that needs to meet new friends just like we want to.

If you are interested please get in touch and we can hopefully get to know each other in the next 6 weeks so we can arrange to meet up with you.

Thanks
Kevin and Julie and Natalie

Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:09 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help - Moving to Saskatoon in May 08 and want to meet ex pats

Hi, I am from Moose Jaw, about three hours south of Toon Town. Would'nt mind meeting and greeting you guys on your arrival at all. Have friends there, so could combine a visit. Mark is also from there and posts on here regularly, although he seems to be keeping a low profile lately.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

schumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really nice

That would be cool thank you, we are moving out of our UK house as I speak and we are moving in with my mom for 6 weeks, god help us !! but yes lets keep in touch with each other until then, would you mind doing it on email makes it a bit easier for me then
Thanks
Julie
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:22 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Sure, I'll PM it to you.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

martin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nice

Originally Posted by schumachergal

Hello
Are there any fellow Brits that have moved or moving to Saskatoon very soon. We are landing there on the 9th May and would like to meet up with any ex pats as we will not know a soul!!

We are in our mid fourties and have a 9 year old daughter that needs to meet new friends just like we want to.

If you are interested please get in touch and we can hopefully get to know each other in the next 6 weeks so we can arrange to meet up with you.

Thanks
Kevin and Julie and Natalie

Hi we live about 1 1/2 hours from saskatoon and go there quite regulary to shop, we have 2 girls of 9 &12 and if you like we could meet up.

martin
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martin60
Hi we live about 1 1/2 hours from saskatoon and go there quite regulary to shop, we have 2 girls of 9 &12 and if you like we could meet up.

martin
Hi Martin
Yes would like to give it a go can you send me your email address on PM it will make it easier and will tell you more about us
Thanks for getting in touch
Julie
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie,

We live in Indian Head - it is about three hours from Saskatoon, hopefully in the Summer we will all have the very first BE Saskatchewan meet-up somewhere and see you there.

Carrie-anne lives just outside Saskatoon, she may meet up with you

All the best and you picked a good time to arrive - not like us two idiots who came in the middle of January and -40.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:09 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Julie and Co, we're in Regina Beach about 2 1/4 hours south, we are bound to meet up sometime but you're welcome to call in if you're passing .

By the way, I love Saskatoon, great ice cream from the red double decker bus by the river and good shopping in the mid town mall.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Hi Julie and Co, we're in Regina Beach about 2 1/4 hours south, we are bound to meet up sometime but you're welcome to call in if you're passing .

By the way, I love Saskatoon, great ice cream from the red double decker bus by the river and good shopping in the mid town mall.
Haven't you tried "The Milky Way" yet in Regina mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:59 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
No, where's that. I've only just had an icecream from DQ so am playing catch up

Go an have a look at 732 Grand Ave for me and let me know what it's like.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:59 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

MMMM, milkey way!! The best part of living by the general hospital! Did you know that we lived so close when I had my 2nd son hubby made me walk to the hospital! Didn't dump him cuz he may still get me a british passport.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
No, where's that. I've only just had an icecream from DQ so am playing catch up

Go an have a look at 732 Grand Ave for me and let me know what it's like.
The Milky Way is Regina's most famous ice-cream shop on Victoria Ave, City Centre end. We had some from it on Good Friday it was lovely.

As for 732 Grand Ave, it is even nicer than the Milky Way!!! We already have been inside it and it needs nothing done, has all its original character features and beautiful decor. The owner is getting a lot of interest.

Richard really wanted to buy it but it only has two double bedrooms upstairs and a third strange room in the stone basement - dont really know if you would use it as a bedroom though - he has it set up as a large office.

You should come out and have a look see - it will take your breath away - the yard is gorgeous too.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

The Milky Way is Regina's most famous ice-cream shop on Victoria Ave, City Centre end. We had some from it on Good Friday it was lovely.

As for 732 Grand Ave, it is even nicer than the Milky Way!!! We already have been inside it and it needs nothing done, has all its original character features and beautiful decor. The owner is getting a lot of interest.

Richard really wanted to buy it but it only has two double bedrooms upstairs and a third strange room in the stone basement - dont really know if you would use it as a bedroom though - he has it set up as a large office.

You should come out and have a look see - it will take your breath away - the yard is gorgeous too.
Any IT jobs there im liking it more each day
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:48 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Thank you , will ring and get a showing I think

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

I keep telling you it's awesome oh sorry aweful in Saskatchewan

Last edited by Lorna_D; Apr 1st 2008 at 3:48 pm. Reason: spelling grrrrr
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Lots of IT jobs in Regina and IH is a lovely short commute

Don't know what sort of sister you are wanting to split our family up anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.