Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Hello Guys - Mixed Weekend!!!!

Hello Guys - Mixed Weekend!!!!

Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello Guys - Mixed Weekend!!!!

Hey there!

How's things with my fellow BE'ers???

I've had a fun w/end, if a little strange! A group of 6 girlies all headed off to Cardiff for the EDF Semi Final (Angle Welsh Rugby Union), and had an awesome time. We did however wonder if there was a shortage of full length mirrors in Wales - some of the girls (and boys) seemed to go by a very different and odd fashion! This didn't hold us back from having a really good time, and loving the oddness of those found in Cardiff night clubs!!! The Saturday night after the game, we went to what seemed to be the centre of nightlife (Tiger Tiger), and mixed with some of the teams which was fun! Sadly the man I had been chatting to, seemed to disappear?! Typical.

The very sad part of my w/end was coming home to log on to Facebook, and noting that a very very good friend of mine lost her dad overnight. I am not sure quite what happened, but a brain haemorrhage (sp) seems the most likely from the info I have. I'm totally devestated for her, I only went to see her and her parents the w/end before Christmas, and there was no ill health. I have offered a shoulder to cry on, and a support if she wants me to be at the funeral, but I'm not good with death really..... I am so shocked and saddened.

On a plus point, I am instructing an agent on the sale of my house this week, I have an offer of a spare room in Vancouver for a week or so which will make getting a bank account and SIN number as I can use her address. I'm over the wobble I had for the last few weeks, and now motivated and excited.

I'm also now going to be on the 'beans on toast' budget and getting in the gym routine after this long w/end. I have had a blast this w/end pigging out etc, so body needs to detox etc!!!!! and bank wants me to budget!

Hope y'all are OK - and speak soon.

Bx
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:44 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Guys - Mixed Weekend!!!!

Sorry bout your mates dad B kinda makes you feel guilty for enjoying yourself doesn't it when you hear news like that.

On the plus side glad to here you are all systems go, will be loads better for you at a mates for that first week - good on ya!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Guys - Mixed Weekend!!!!

cheers MMC!

I'm so sorry for my mate, but I can only be here if she needs me.

On the up, I'm so excited about things now. Getting a bit more organised, and very happy to have been offered an address even, if it's only for a short time - an address is worth so much!!

Hope all is well with you in Drumheller!

Bx