Harvey Weinstein

Old Oct 31st 2017, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Donna Karan (boo to that brand) defended Weinstein, suggesting women were asking for it.

Spacey has his defenders, but I agree with Bristol that it is not commensurate with the pyschopathic predator Weinstein by any stretch of the imagination. Again the issue is age.

Anyway, BBC:

The Old Vic has also responded to the allegation made against Spacey, who was the artistic director there from 2003 to 2015.
A spokeswoman for the London theatre said: "During Kevin Spacey's tenure as artistic director no complaints were made against him. No complaints have been made since he left."
In a later statement, its management said they were "deeply dismayed" by the allegations and that "inappropriate behaviour by anyone working at The Old Vic [was] completely unacceptable."
Kevin Spacey: Special Emmy award withdrawn after assault allegations - BBC News

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 31st 2017 at 9:00 pm. Reason: Fix quote & trim per the site rules. Thanks
Old Oct 31st 2017, 5:51 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Interesting that Jingsamichty feels that Spacey is a big bad wolf, but the women involved in the Weinstein case were unfortunate individuals who just wanted a shot at the big time - and sordid themselves.

It's attitudes like this that make it hard for women to come forward any time.

PS Spacey issue is the AGE of the seducee - nothing more, nothing less IMO
The age of the attempted seducee is pretty damned important, don't you think? Indeed there are even laws about it. It's the ONLY thing that's relevant in the Spacey incident. If he was overage I wouldn't give a shit about it. As I said, I like Kevin Spacey, he's wonderful.

Re: Weinstein, if somebody gives a blowjob to get a part in a movie, the person I feel sorry for is the person who didn't get the job because they chose not to degrade themselves. If you're the person who gave someone a BJ to get a part, at least have the decency to not claim you're a victim once you've got the million dollar lifestyle.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
The age of the attempted seducee is pretty damned important, don't you think? Indeed there are even laws about it. It's the ONLY thing that's relevant in the Spacey incident. If he was overage I wouldn't give a shit about it. As I said, I like Kevin Spacey, he's wonderful.

Re: Weinstein, if somebody gives a blowjob to get a part in a movie, the person I feel sorry for is the person who didn't get the job because they chose not to degrade themselves. If you're the person who gave someone a BJ to get a part, at least have the decency to not claim you're a victim once you've got the million dollar lifestyle.

I'll just assume that you haven't read the accounts on Weinstein then.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 6:22 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have, as I said right at the start of this thread he's a loathsome creep. However, don't tell me that Hollywood isn't full of successful millionaires of both sexes who prostituted themselves to get their big break. Boo f***ing hoo.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 6:25 pm
Lowering the tone

And I'll just assume you don't have an argument to my points.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 7:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

One of the Spice Girls, Ginger maybe, says this is how she first got a job on the radio. iirc correctly she told the story as an example of her always having been driven and willing to do a lot to succeed (dyswidt?). It made me feel sorry for the less competent blow job givers rather than for those who remained above the fray.

Anyway, one cannot try to stick one's knob into children, male or female. It's an absolute wrong. It doesn't matter if it's related to manipulation or harassment, it's just wrong. It's not clever either, sooner or later the little shit will fall into financial difficulty and sell you out.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

And I'll just assume you don't have an argument to my points.
It was called giving you the benefit of the doubt, Jingsamichty.

The alternative would be to assume you are a misogynistic male dinosaur with a host of judgemental assumptions - and the reason why many women don't dare to come out against sexual assault - because of judgements and double standards like yours.

Out of the 40+ women who have come forward, all but one or two have described how he lured them with the promise it was talking business or some other ploy e.g marketing commitments they had to comply with, often had women there at the beginning to make the actress unaware of the danger they faced & feel things were above board i.e. comfortable, then once he was alone with them, forcibly sexually assaulted them - through coercion, physical intimidation, and the like.

You are a sick man, so now I'm clear. And you obviously read it, but didn't give a toss, preferring to keep your ideas about women in showbiz and how they deserved the assault/rape.

Last edited by jerryhung; Oct 31st 2017 at 8:07 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
One of the Spice Girls, Ginger maybe, says this is how she first got a job on the radio. iirc correctly she told the story as an example of her always having been driven and willing to do a lot to succeed (dyswidt?). It made me feel sorry for the less competent blow job givers rather than for those who remained above the fray.

Anyway, one cannot try to stick one's knob into children, male or female. It's an absolute wrong. It doesn't matter if it's related to manipulation or harassment, it's just wrong. It's not clever either, sooner or later the little shit will fall into financial difficulty and sell you out.
The Daily Fail does always seem to find the cheapest characters to profile

Who is the little shit you are referring to?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

The alternative would be to assume you are a misogynistic male dinosaur with a host of judgemental assumptions - and the reason why many women don't dare to come out against sexual assault - because of judgements and double standards like yours.

Out of the 40+ women who have come forward, all but one or two have described how he lured them with the promise it was talking business or some other ploy e.g marketing commitments they had to comply with, often had women there at the beginning to make the actress unaware of the danger they faced & feel things were above board i.e. comfortable, then once he was alone with them, forcibly sexually assaulted them - through coercion, physical intimidation, and the like.

You are a sick man, so now I'm clear. And you obviously read it, but didn't give a toss, preferring to keep your ideas about women in showbiz and how they deserved the assault/rape.
The problem that I see is that, until this comes to Court, no one really knows what happened, despite the fact that lots are saying the same thing.

Too often in the past, what has been presented as "fact" by the media, has been shown to be nothing of the sort at trial.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 8:24 pm
Lowering the tone

It's telling when someone resorts to insults rather than argument.

I have never once suggested that "they deserved the assault/rape". Please withdraw such allegation. I have suggested that there was at some level, a tacit understanding that agreement to a sexual encounter would be compensated by preferential treatment in the selection of a well paid role.

As I have said, for most of us this is sordid but hardly shocking. Provided its all above the age of consent, who is to argue about morals?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm not too happy to see accusations and insults of a personal nature being thrown around.

Yes. The issue is highly emotive & contains huge grey areas alongside the plain black and white.

Attack the problem , not the person people.

Thank you.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

It's telling when someone resorts to insults rather than argument.

I have never once suggested that "they deserved the assault/rape". Please withdraw such allegation. I have suggested that there was at some level, a tacit understanding that agreement to a sexual encounter would be compensated by preferential treatment in the selection of a well paid role.

As I have said, for most of us this is sordid but hardly shocking. Provided its all above the age of consent, who is to argue about morals?
Yes I apologize for the adhom, I did fee badly - bad morning, but no excuse for that. Sorry.

I am not going to withdraw the allegation, however, because there was no tacit understanding/agreement for most of these women.

Either you haven't read all the articles, or if you have, I have no respect for your condescending judgement of sexual assault and rape.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The problem that I see is that, until this comes to Court, no one really knows what happened, despite the fact that lots are saying the same thing.

Too often in the past, what has been presented as "fact" by the media, has been shown to be nothing of the sort at trial.
The problem with sexual assault is it is a he said she said. As per before, courts are certainly aren't infallible. anyway, to each their own, but I don't trust the court system as much as you I guess.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with sexual assault is it is a he said she said. As per before, courts are certainly aren't infallible. anyway, to each their own, but I don't trust the court system as much as you I guess.
The problem is this: I accuse you of raping me 20 years ago. I have no evidence that you did and I have no real excuse as to why I didn't report it at the time, I simply say that I didn't believe that anyone would believe me.

I post it all over twitter and facebook and, by the time it comes to trial, your life has been ruined, even if you are completely and totally exonerated.

Is that justice?

If the accused did it, put them on trial and let the jury decide but, until such time that the jury has done so, naming the accused is not fair at all particularly when, if the accused is exonerated, the accuser still remains anonymous.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 12:36 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The Daily Fail does always seem to find the cheapest characters to profile

Who is the little shit you are referring to?
I'd be surprised if I read that in the Daily Mail but in what way is Ginger Spice cheap?

The shit of the day is called Anthony Rapp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.