Harvey Weinstein

Old Nov 29th 2017, 6:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Apologies for repeating myself but I was checking something in my posting history in the guardian today and came across the following. It came from the fashion pages but it was on the main page for all to see - as I don't go on the fashion pages.

Note the humorous reference to "of course three of us had to go" and the disappointed three references to him not being in trunks.

I can read this with a smile to myself. But try reading it as if it were a female icon where, of course, all the male correspondents just "had" to attend in the hope of seeing her with the minimal covering of a bathing costume.

How would this be reported if this was, say, an over heard comment among three men about a woman? Or, indeed if it was a similarly nudge, nudge, wink, wink, article in the newspaper.

I think it would make the front pages as an example of what we've been reading. The writer(s) would likely lose their jobs.

I really don't like double standards.
Women are equally as capable of using sexual innuendo, comments, intimidation, belittlement and threat - both towards other women and men.

Double standards indeed.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 7:50 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching an old episode of the Great Australian Bake Off last night. In it one of the two women who compere the show smashed two 'custard pies' on the breasts of the other woman.

'Just as well that wasn't a man doing that!' I said.. but this made me think in today's super sensitive PC culture, what if the woman pushing the pies were to be a lesbian, would that constitute sexual harrassment, even though it was woman on woman?

When there are those who would suggest that we all live within a spectrum of gender definition, do all acts like this fall foul of the harrassment charge?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:11 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I was watching an old episode of the Great Australian Bake Off last night. In it one of the two women who compere the show smashed two 'custard pies' on the breasts of the other woman.

'Just as well that wasn't a man doing that!' I said.. but this made me think in today's super sensitive PC culture, what if the woman pushing the pies were to be a lesbian, would that constitute sexual harrassment, even though it was woman on woman?

When there are those who would suggest that we all live within a spectrum of gender definition, do all acts like this fall foul of the harrassment charge?
Yes.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Now it's Garrison Keillor!
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Yes.
How are couples to "court" these days? Surely, any form of approach by one to another is harassment, isn't it?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:58 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
How are couples to "court" these days? Surely, any form of approach by one to another is harassment, isn't it?
Can a single act count, perhaps a misunderstanding, count as "harassment"? I am not a lawyer as you know, but my understanding of the word "harassment" implies some level of deliberate and continuing action?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 9:21 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Now it's Garrison Keillor!
Dogone it, how many more days of woe will there be!
Old Nov 29th 2017, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Can a single act count, perhaps a misunderstanding, count as "harassment"? I am not a lawyer as you know, but my understanding of the word "harassment" implies some level of deliberate and continuing action?
Well, that would depend upon the legislation. But, if other posts on this thread are anything to go by, any unwanted attention of a sexual nature is sexual harassment.

As to "misunderstanding" I am steering well clear of that.