British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Guitar Mad People (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/guitar-mad-people-904223/)

magnumpi Dec 27th 2017 10:42 pm

Re: Guitar Mad People

1 Attachment(s)
So after some more buying and selling a few items I eventually found me a Fender Strat.

I have been searching small adds for ages but they sell fast so no luck, I go to our cousins in woodstock Boxing Day and their now grown up son has a 2010 sunburst Fender he don’t use anymore, ha ha, so handed a few $$ and it’s mine now :@) needs new strings and the screws are rusty, all purchased today, tonight’s job.

Also saved enough cash on the deal that I also picked up another Amp, a Fender G Dec 30. So I is quietly content now in Ajax :@)

Almost Canadian Feb 13th 2018 3:24 pm

I bought a bass at the weekend and forgot to take a pic. I will do so later.

Can anyone recommend a Justin Guitar type of site so I can prevent driving the rest of my family nuts with endless playing of "Another one bites the dust" and "Billie Jean" riffs?

Many thanks

magnumpi Feb 13th 2018 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12441217)

Can anyone recommend a Justin Guitar type of site so I can prevent driving the rest of my family nuts with endless playing of "Another one bites the dust" and "Billie Jean" riffs?

Many thanks

Really need a pic for it to be official but for now I will say welcome to the new addition ;)

Noorah101 Feb 13th 2018 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12441217)

Many thanks

Ohhhh fun!! I haven't really looked for a Justin-type site for bass. If there's a song I want to learn, I just Google that song plus bass tutorial, and go from there. Can't wait to see a photo!

Rene

Almost Canadian Feb 13th 2018 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12441228)
Really need a pic for it to be official but for now I will say welcome to the new addition ;)

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12441238)
Ohhhh fun!! I haven't really looked for a Justin-type site for bass. If there's a song I want to learn, I just Google that song plus bass tutorial, and go from there. Can't wait to see a photo!

Rene

It's a Fender Precision Bass. I also got Fender Rumble 40 amp too.

I've had a look at Scott's Bass Lessons and he appears to be very good. He is all over YouTube too.

Jingsamichty Feb 13th 2018 5:31 pm

Try
. Classic N.W.A. riff to get going...

or this one seems better...

Noorah101 Feb 13th 2018 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12441303)
It's a Fender Precision Bass. I also got Fender Rumble 40 amp too.

I've had a look at Scott's Bass Lessons and he appears to be very good. He is all over YouTube too.

Sweet! What color? Mine is a Fender Jazz Bass and I adore it!

I bought a Fender bass amp too, but can't remember the model offhand.

Rene

Almost Canadian Feb 13th 2018 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12441318)
Try this channel. Classic N.W.A. riff to get going...

or this one seems better...

Thanks

I learned to play the bass line to "Stand by me" last night and, using a looper, played the bass and then used my guitar to play the chords over it. If only I could sing!

Almost Canadian Feb 13th 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12441336)
Sweet! What color? Mine is a Fender Jazz Bass and I adore it!

I bought a Fender bass amp too, but can't remember the model offhand.

Rene

It's red with a maple fretboard.

I really wanted a Jazz Bass but they only had two, a black one and a sunburst one, both with rosewood fretboards. I was caught between the flexibility of the tones I could get with the Jass Bass and the fact that the colour and the fretboard of the Precision were exactly what I wanted.

I have large hands and I have never had an issue with "large" stretch on a guitar. Bass takes that to a whole new level.

Almost Canadian Feb 14th 2018 1:40 pm

2 Attachment(s)
It's now official:

magnumpi Feb 14th 2018 2:44 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12441902)
It's now official:

The ideal collection :thumbsup: congrats !

Here is my current updated guitar family :p

Almost Canadian Feb 14th 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12441959)
The ideal collection :thumbsup: congrats !

Here is my current updated guitar family :p

Very nice.

Are you working on anything interesting at the moment that you would care to share?

magnumpi Feb 14th 2018 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12441972)
Very nice.

Are you working on anything interesting at the moment that you would care to share?

Am playing in a duo at the mo, we do old songs on acoustic amped up, stuff like the boxer and proud Mary. I am still learning most of the songs but doing ok.

Almost Canadian Feb 14th 2018 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12441988)
Am playing in a duo at the mo, we do old songs on acoustic amped up, stuff like the boxer and proud Mary. I am still learning most of the songs but doing ok.

Great news. Playing with another improves one's playing massively.

Noorah101 Feb 14th 2018 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian (Post 12441902)
It's now official:

Love them all! My electric guitar and bass are the same colors as yours, but I switched out the pick guards for paisley print ones.

Rene