Guitar Mad People

Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guitar Mad People

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
+1 for justinguitar excellent site. His video of how to use a loop station is very good, think I may have to invest in one of them beasts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0NhglZWtw
I have one on my pedalboard. Once you start using it, your playing will greatly improve as it highlights your errors and enables you to craft backing tracks to solo over.

I suggest try the bass line, chord progression and scale referred to in this video:

Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Dam I want a looper peddle now !!
Masterclass in the use of a looper:

Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

A few months back there was a bit of a controversy, people were saying that when performing live Ed Sheeran plays to a backing track, but it turns out he uses a loop station, starts off with an empty patch and builds the song as he goes along just like the vid in the previous post
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:39 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
A few months back there was a bit of a controversy, people were saying that when performing live Ed Sheeran plays to a backing track, but it turns out he uses a loop station, starts off with an empty patch and builds the song as he goes along just like the vid in the previous post
Ed is the looper master IMO

Last edited by magnumpi; Oct 8th 2017 at 10:06 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

strat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond repute

suspect most have tried this, if not and while we're on the subject of guitars, as yer dad or granddad might have said (if he had blind or lemon or any permutation in his name) 'best fun yer can ave fer 10 bob' is one of those little brass or glass thingys, as you can see, you don't really need to know what to do with it, and definitely not a threat to Warren Haynes or Sonny Landreth, just zing it up and down and some evil stuff comes out... so, back porch, deep south, open beer bottle, let it rip.....
Attached Files
File Type: mp4
test.mp4 (3.02 MB, 54 views)
Old Oct 9th 2017, 12:35 am

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Masterclass in the use of a looper:

Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
She definitely done that before
Old Oct 9th 2017, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by strat
suspect most have tried this, if not and while we're on the subject of guitars, as yer dad or granddad might have said (if he had blind or lemon or any permutation in his name) 'best fun yer can ave fer 10 bob' is one of those little brass or glass thingys, as you can see, you don't really need to know what to do with it, and definitely not a threat to Warren Haynes or Sonny Landreth, just zing it up and down and some evil stuff comes out... so, back porch, deep south, open beer bottle, let it rip.....
Nice bit of slide guitar
Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:46 pm

How many here have learned all the notes up to the 12th fret, obviously beyond is repeated and how does this help or not help with playing guitar ?

I suspect those who have no knowledge of the notes use Tab and chord memory - me for instance
Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

How many here have learned all the notes up to the 12th fret, obviously beyond is repeated and how does this help or not help with playing guitar ?

I suspect those who have no knowledge of the notes use Tab and chord memory - me for instance
I haven't learned many of the actual notes. I memorize chords and read tabs, as you said.

I haven't delved into music theory yet.

Rene
Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you know where the flats and sharps are in a scale, it should be relatively easy to learn the notes simply by proceeding from the open tuning of each string. I know them, but, as I can't read music very quickly, it only really helps me if I need to know what note I am playing (very rare).

Don't forget, two are repeated

Learning the scale boxes is far more useful, IMO.

As you are likely aware, received wisdom suggests that most top players can't read music at all. While I accept that this may be the case, if the wish to play with other musicians, they will have to know about keys and scales, otherwise nothing they play will sound correct.

Are you able to play barre chords?

I believe that the hardest thing with learning how to play the guitar is knowing what to learn and in what order. Every book seems to conflict on this issue. Justin's site is excellent in that respect. Work your way through the beginner's and intermediate's courses and, at the end of those, you will be very handy. He also has loads of songs at each stage of the course so, for example, every time you learn a new chord, there will likely be loads of songs that you can play to use that chord.

Right, off to play one of my favourite tunes (Radiohead - Creep). This always makes me feel good, sounds great, and really isn't that hard to learn. The same applies to CCR - Bad Moon Rising.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the song Creep!! If it's not too difficult, I should try to learn it!

Just had my lesson last night, and am starting to learn finger -picking the song Hey Jude.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2017, 12:13 am

I am ok at bar chords and open chords, a couple of scales, and power chords. I think I will try to learn the fret board, I know all the major notes on the first string.

I was playing the first part of Purple Rain last night, it's quite an easy four chord song, with a single hard chord to get your fingers stretched at the end of the progression, it sounds bliss tho :@) found a lesson on YTube
Old Oct 13th 2017, 12:37 am

I'm a huge Prince fan and can play several of his songs on guitar and bass. Prince's music actually inspired me to starry learning!

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2017, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

strat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond repute

nahh... on learning those notes. I found it too hard to translate to my fingers. I know that's poorly explained, and I have no doubt whatsoever I would have progressed far more quickly by going that route. for me its what I might term 'iterative learning'... but truth is its a horrendously slow way to learn... or maybe i'm just a crap learner. gawd, forgotten what sort of dross you can create using windows media player, apologies all round for the elevator music
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
My Movie.wmv (5.80 MB, 30 views)
Old Oct 13th 2017, 3:13 am

Nice Mr Strat

So u just using a major scale there in G and improvising over a backing track of the same key ? So, No need to know ALL the notes as long as you know the scale in that key ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.