Guitar Mad People

Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guitar Mad People

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Here is my group of noise makers
Hey, you have a Squire, too! I love the wood grain one to the left. Beautiful.

Rene
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:30 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hey, you have a Squire, too! I love the wood grain one to the left. Beautiful.

Rene
I got that off my neibour for $20, with a hard case, it's a vintage 1986 Hondo, I had to buy a few parts for it, pick up screws/springs and the end plate was broke plus new strings, the parts was less than $30 on eBay, and it's now my fav rocking guitar, is a heavy bugger, with a long lasting sustain !!
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Why do you have knives three feet off the ground? Is that so the kids can reach them?
Our house was partly a fixer upper. We have renovated everything except the kitchen. That was the only place the magnetic strip could be fixed at the time we moved in. That countertop is very low (about 2 1/2 feet off the ground) so the knives are actually much closer to the ground than they look.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Back in the 60's I had an AUDITION guitar and amp bought from Woolies, was a strat copy, anyone remember them.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

strat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond repute

I can confirm, it gets no better with age, that lure of amps, guitars, pedals... great fun never the less. Home full of Fender, Gibson, Hamer, Boss, Larrivee, Martin... running out of stands and walls, well not quite
Attached Thumbnails Guitar Mad People-dsc_0451.jpg   Guitar Mad People-dsc_0473.jpg   Guitar Mad People-dsc_0454.jpg   Guitar Mad People-dsc_0464.jpg   Guitar Mad People-dsc_0457.jpg  

Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Also had a early 60's HOFNER GALAXY, the body was not painted but was covered in a sticky back plastic/vinyl covering, also had 2 MARLIN SIDEWINDERS which were good VFM budget guitars, don't make em any more they went broke.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strat
I can confirm, it gets no better with age, that lure of amps, guitars, pedals... great fun never the less. Home full of Fender, Gibson, Hamer, Boss, Larrivee, Martin... running out of stands and walls, well not quite
Very nice collection!

Rene
Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Amps I had back in the day. AUDITION 3W no frills just input+vol+tone. BOX which was another Woolies amp which was made to look like a wooden packing crate, and a CUSTOM SOUND CUB30 reverb which I wish I still had.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:53 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Also had a early 60's HOFNER GALAXY, the body was not painted but was covered in a sticky back plastic/vinyl covering, also had 2 MARLIN SIDEWINDERS which were good VFM budget guitars, don't make em any more they went broke.
I had a red Marlin Slammer strat I left in the UK with my Fender acoustic, my son has them on display at his home in blackpool

I remember them Ovation kits, the guitar came in a package with the amp I bet they are rare now.

Sweet group of guitars Strat !!

Last edited by magnumpi; Oct 7th 2017 at 8:55 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strat
What made you decide to play left handed? While I accept that question may appear stupid, all the instructors that I have spoken to state that, as the actions with both hands are far from "normal", they would always advise lefties to play right handed so as to open up the numbers of instruments for them to be able to purchase.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

strat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond repute

no. not stupid, at all. i'm not sure really, for some reason it just 'felt right' (that was an unintended pun). the instructors are correct, l/h instruments are a little harder to find. oddly enough of the USA strats I have (3) only the surf green one came from here in the US. the sunburst and the off-white came from stores in Salop and Manchester. In the last 15 years I've noticed them (l/h) online occasionally, just after Christmas, for prices that are hard to believe. I guess they needed to sell them off or something, so I bought them without playing them first.

Someone mentioned the marlin sidewinder, that was the first guitar I ever bought, truly it set me back a lot because it was so difficult to keep in tune and not very comfortable to hold. I got it on the way to Aberdeen going offshore, picked it up in Liverpool one afternoon... it has reached a sort of cult status as one of the worst guitars ever made still have it, still struggle to play it!
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I have a number and a number of amps

Two Fender strats, two Gibson Les Pauls and a couple of acoustics.

They are all on the walls in the basement, with the exception of an Epiphone Les Paul that I keep in my office for when I am bored.

My main amp is a Fender Bassbreaker and I have more pedals than I know how to deal with.

My credit card wobbles every time I go near my local guitar store.

If you wish to improve, or simply learn how to play any number of songs, this guy is my go to man: https://www.justinguitar.com/

I am at the office at the moment, so this is the only one I can provide a picture for.
Having a watch of Justin now, really good site thanks
He look like James Blunt

Last edited by magnumpi; Oct 8th 2017 at 12:10 am.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 12:24 am
Account Closed

+1 for justinguitar excellent site. His video of how to use a loop station is very good, think I may have to invest in one of them beasts.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 12:29 am
Account Closed

The bridge/tremolo unit on the Marlin Sidewinder was very unstable causing big tuning problems, only way I could keep mine in tune was to completely lock the unit down, but that defeated the object of having a trem in the first place.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
+1 for justinguitar excellent site. His video of how to use a loop station is very good, think I may have to invest in one of them beasts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0NhglZWtw
Dam I want a looper peddle now !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.