Groceries

Old Feb 15th 2016, 3:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
BS. I'm sorry, I don't believe that, browsing a few of your previous posts on the subject

You do know that Sun Peaks is a ski resort don't you ? These typically aren't situated in the centre of towns
Even when a ski resort is long established like Whistler is, year round residents a lot of the time commute south to Squamish for groceries.

Whistler has 2 pretty decent grocery stores, but the prices are a wee bit high.

I flyer shop for a few things but generally, I just do all my shopping at Save On and collect their points, the free stuff I have gotten from points earned add to pretty decent savings per year.

Superstore (we now have one) is too frustrating an experience, and I find their points program utterly useless.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 3:03 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Your Big shop is our Christmas shop
There are times it feels like my mum's xmas shop.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 3:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Superstore (we now have one) is too frustrating an experience, and I find their points program utterly useless.
I pay little attention to it. They send me a weekly email with 'personalised' offers.

The best bonus is usually on the coffee I buy. But it's only ever when it's full price and the value of the points equates to a $ or 2 off. It's better to buy a couple of tins when they're $5 or $6 off. That will see me through until the next time it's reduced by that much.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 3:15 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I pay little attention to it. They send me a weekly email with 'personalised' offers.

The best bonus is usually on the coffee I buy. But it's only ever when it's full price and the value of the points equates to a $ or 2 off. It's better to buy a couple of tins when they're $5 or $6 off. That will see me through until the next time it's reduced by that much.

Presumably this will be in more than a months time then

I'm loving this, I've fitted an SSD to my PC and trying to get my monitors working again coz they have given up the effing ghost but this is providing me light relief. I love you really Bristol
Old Feb 15th 2016, 4:43 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

And there we have the classic, possibly wilful, misunderstanding.

Who said anything about flitting from store to store? Did you not read my post properly?

If you really are slap bang in the middle of 50 minutes to work one way and 50 minutes to the supermarket the other way, you must be in a small minority. Is it not possible there's a supermarket near work? Let's say there's one half an hour away. Let's say it's even in the opposite direction to going home so it doesn't sound convenient. It would add (30x2) one hour to your homeward journey (plus the time to shop).

The separate, shopping only trip is one hour and 40 to drive to the supermarket and back plus the time to shop.

It could be a time saver to combine it with the return home journey instead of making a separate shopping trip.

It's weird. I constantly read about how NB is in the back of beyond but the way some folk go on it's them that live in the back of beyond.
I've misunderstood nothing Bristol. I can't get flyers or newspapers where I live, so the only way to compare differing prices is by visiting multiple stores or picking up a newspaper in town then sitting in the car and ploughing through them.

I live and work in the same village, so don't travel to and from anywhere of note on a daily basis, so there's no time to be saved as per your hypothetical (and irrelevant) example. It's a dedicated 150km round trip to get groceries and a minimum half day out to run weekly errands, so to my mind it actually is pissing about flitting around stores to cross-reference prices, and also unrealistic in terms of time available.

I don't consider I live in the back of beyond, nor that NB is too, but Canada's a big place and silly to assume that the convenience you experience (and time on hands you have) is relevant to other's situations.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 4:53 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey .. Shop wars.... Never new that it could be quite so divisive !
Old Feb 15th 2016, 11:03 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by R I C H
I've misunderstood nothing Bristol.
Other than describing popping into a nearby supermarket following a doctor's appointment on one day, including a quick in and out to buy steak 50 yards away from work on another day, picking something up at one's call at the pharmacy on yet another different day etc as pissing about and flitting store to store.

I don't consider I live in the back of beyond, nor that NB is too, but Canada's a big place and silly to assume that the convenience you experience (and time on hands you have) is relevant to other's situations.
Given I've repeatedly conceded that I have more time available than most and that I've repeatedly referenced the requirement about choices of stores I think it would be fair to say I don't assume everyone has it the same. Just most.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 11:04 am
Oscar nominated

Blimey .. Shop wars.... Never new that it could be quite so divisive !
Haven't you seen the footage of Black Friday at Walmart?
Old Feb 15th 2016, 2:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't you seen the footage of Black Friday at Walmart?
I thought all that stuff was made up at one time, but when I went to Eaton's on boxing day back in the 70's it was a zoo. I reached into a bin that had a crowd around it and picked up a sweater to look at it and an old woman grabbed it right out of my hand!
Old Feb 15th 2016, 2:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I thought all that stuff was made up at one time, but when I went to Eaton's on boxing day back in the 70's it was a zoo. I reached into a bin that had a crowd around it and picked up a sweater to look at it and an old woman grabbed it right out of my hand!
Why were you trying to buy an old lady's sweater?
Old Feb 15th 2016, 2:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Why were you trying to buy an old lady's sweater?
It wasn't, they were all mad.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 1:12 pm
Oscar nominated

Here's an example of why I pay little attention to Superstore points.

My latest email from them offers 200 points for every $ spent on fresh beef. If I buy 10lbs, that's 2,000 points towards the 20,000 that gets $20 off the next shop.

So buying 10lbs worth 'saves' $2.

Last week I saved about $9 on a 2lb pack of Sirloin steak. I was so impressed with it (the deal and the taste) that this week, when I had to buy a new printer in Staples, I popped in the nearby Superstore (almost next door) and bought two more packs, slightly bigger.

Around $30 saved on 7lb compared to $2 on 10lb.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

I get the personalised offers too. They need to rewrite whichever algorithm decides on these. Why do they alway put an offer on things you have just bought? If I buy something like washing powder or washing up liquid one week I'm not going to be buying it again the next, even if they offer extra points.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I get about ten a day about penis enlargement products. What's upsetting is that eight of them are from my girlfriend, although its the two from my nan thats really disturbing.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 4:22 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

unusual for me, but we ran out of Olive Oil.

I usually buy several 1 litre bottles when they're on special in the $4 range.

Panicked last night, searched & couldn't find any below $5.99 1 litre

Special at today Gallo brand $4.88/litre. Picked some up - sorted

What type of oils do BE folks use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.